Warner Bros. Games Batman: Arkham City

by Warner Bros. Interactive

Developer rocksteady studios returns players to its dark vision of gotham, where the arkham asylum for the criminally insane has been replaced with a walled-off expanse of city streets and abandoned buildings, ruled only by deadly mad anarchy. From a familiar third-person perspective, players resume the single-player role of batman, for missions of infiltration, assault, recovery, and rescue. Gruesomely outnumbered, the hero's survival still relies largely on stealthy ninja tactics, although open environments occasionally call for cape-aided hang-gliding or grappling-hook acrobatics.

Is this game any good?
Is this game worth playing?
Start your review of Warner Bros. Games Batman: Arkham City!
Product Highlights
“If I don't want to deal with the storyline, I can play side missions or just enjoy exploring the city or solving riddles.” in 2 reviews
“The story is great as well, and the combat system flows very smoothly.” in 1 review
“The open world is beautiful.” in 1 review
“I would recommend using a controller, and try purchasing through steam, as they do frequent sales.” in 1 review
Philadelphia, PA
Probably the second best game in the series. It had more villains and more boss fights then Arkham Asylum and Origins. You can also play as catwoman, which was really fun. Just a fair warning, there is a shark. I repeat, a SHARK. SINCERELY, A girl who is very afraid of sharks...
spring, TX
Just like arkam asylum this game is good , you get to explore gotham city and asylum. The story is great and i love how they let you play catwoman also.I played this on ps3 and pc both asylum and city are amazing.
Southbridge, MA
I absolutely love this game, this series, I just love Batman! The story is great, I love the villains. I was so happy to know that Penguin was in it, he's one of my favorite villains, along with Zsasz and Mr. Freeze. I was so happy to see Zsasz get his own side quest. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill did a wonderful job voice acting, as usual. I absolutely love this game. If you love Batman and video games, then you'll love this series.
Statesville, NC
I have the Game of the Year Edition of this game for PS3. This game has a complex storyline, great graphics, and is a generally fun game to play. If I don't want to deal with the storyline, I can play side missions or just enjoy exploring the city or solving riddles. There is also an arcade-type fighting arena that you can use to practice or just fight for fun. It makes the game fit whatever type of playing mood I'm in.
Las Vegas
Who doesn't love Batman? Batman is one of my favorite characters and this Batman game was wonderful! You can either play as Batman or Catwoman and they both have two different storyline and I love that about the game. You can go around and solve riddles or do other things. The only thing I wish was better was the move that they have. I didn't really enjoy using the same moves over and over again, that's why it didn't get five stars. I love the graphics and the characters in the game. I would totally get this game if I didn't already have it. I played it more than once and I still love it!
Since I loved Arkham Asylum so much I had to get this game and I was very pleased. This game is more open which is great as you're now in Arkham City. Also, the new characters are great additions with some previous characters from the previous game. I'm happy they kept the same combat and just improved it by adding more gadgets. It's so much fun and if you want to complete the game, it will take you a long time (Riddler trophies).
El Paso, TX
Gamer Expert Level 3
Love love love this video and my son often plays it with my daughter and they entertain themselves for hours but the best part is dad can join them at any time and my baby loves to watch them say he's two years old and entertains himself easily when he watches them play with b Love love love this video and my son often plays it with my daughter and they entertain themselves four hours but the best part is dad can join them at any time and my baby loves to watch them say he's two years old and entertains himself easily when he watches them play with the bat bat with batman
Bangor, ME
Arkham City is one of the best games I have ever played. It is similar in feeling to Christopher Nolan's trilogy, and the gameplay is very fluid. I love the darkness to the game, which is awesome, and there is always something to accomplish in this open world (even after completing the story).
Salt Lake Cty, UT
Arkham City is one of the best in the Batman franchise. The vast size of Arkham alone is incredible as is the amount of side missions there are to do. The main story itself it really captivating and fighting a various amount of villains along the way is the best part of the game. One of my favorite aspects is being able to fly completely across the city without ever setting foot on the ground.
Vernon, AL
Gamer Expert Level 4
I am in love with this game. I love anything Batman and this is a great game to play or watch someone play. My husband plays it sometimes and I love to just sit there and watch him play. It is kinda like a movie in some areas and it really is enjoyable if you are a batman fan.