BY WALGREENS #1 in Antibiotics & Antiseptics

First aid to help prevent infection. Use on minor cuts, scrapes and burns. Aids in removing mucus in mouth. see more...

• What is the last thing you had to use this for?5 Answers
  • Anyone else use this to take out stains?3 Answers
  • can you use this and baking soda to lighten hair?6 Answers
Dayna D.
Hydrogen Peroxide is an awesome chemical. I not only use it for first aid, but for cleaning purposes too. The reaction, for first aid purposes, shows whether or not what you have to aid is infected or not. As for cleaning, it lifts blood or other stains from carpets or clothing very well. My dog cut her foot and got blood on my floor and blankets and the peroxide got it out with no problem. There is no bleach-like products in it so the color isn't removed when cleaning either.
Nonnie M.
Santa Fe Spgs, CA
Wellness Guru Expert
Love this. I use it for so many ways. I use it ofcourse when I have a cut. I use it after I take off my make up. I apply it with a cotton ball. It puts oxygen back to my skin. I use it to soak my feet. I use it on my shower walls so I don't get fungus on the walls. Every household should have at least 2 to 3 bottles in the house. I do
Carrliitaahh M.
Medford, OR
Wellness Guru Expert
My family and I like it as it is a very versatile product. We use it to help whiten our teeth and brushing them afterwards. Can be used as a gargle for sore throats. We have used this for sores we may get by falling, but never use in deep cuts. Can be used in cleaning to disinfect anything. Can be used as a stain remover in fabrics but before you use it try on a piece of fabric first to see if it can be used on that particular fabric. I have no cons.
I have a bottle of this in both bathrooms, in the cleaning box and in the laundry room.  I purchase mine in the grocery store and it is a stable at my house for cuts, scrapes, for cleaning and getting a stain out of fabric.  Not only is it cheap and effective but it does not harm the environment.
Hannah C.
Trafford, PA
Good product but probably would not buy again.  People think it is great to put on wounds, but the product itself does not hurt or help wounds in general.  Better off just putting neosporin on it.
Kelsey R.
I get called the “peroxide queen” because my answer to everything is “put peroxide on it.” I think this is a staple in any home or first aid kit. This is a great product to use to flush out wounds and keep them clean. It’s also great for those who are more sensitive to pain because it doesn’t really hurt at all when used in a wound. Great cabinet essential in my house.
Megan V.
Aurora, CO
Wellness Guru Expert
I first want to point out to anyone using this that you should not be using this to prevent infection in a wound. This should be used when you need to wash out any sand, dirt, debris, or dead skin in a wound! If that’s your plan this is a great option!
Anndria T.
Wellness Guru Expert
This does a great job of cleaning wounds out. Just make sure you use it to clean out the wound the first time because if you use this multiple times it can keep the wound from healing properly. Follow up with a bandage and flush with water periodically.
Dakota H.
Mount Vernon, GA
Peroxide is amazing because it cleans out your wound, but doesn't really hurt you. I love using this when I get hurt, because it doesn't really burn. Plus it's easy to use on little kids without them screaming.
Alyssa S.
Wellness Guru Expert
You need this. Cleaning out cuts and other ouchies is critical for proper healing. Infections are " no Bueno" ! We use this on us, kids, even our dogs when needed. Also good for cleaning up blood in fabric.
Jacquelynn V.
El Paso, TX
Ever used it to cure a sore throat?
Brit B.
Lancaster
Does This product burn when you use it on a deep cut
Christy B.
White Hall, AR
Wellness Guru Expert
Would like to know if there is a difference between a name brand and generic?
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Wellness Guru Expert
Is this as good as the name brand?
Taylor W.
Charlottetown, PE
Will peroxide and soda actually whiten me teeth im a student and I can't afford to whiten then!