BY WALGREENS #74 in Bandages

Controls Bleeding Fast Turns into a Gel and Seals the Wound 2 Acts in Less than a Minute 3 For Cuts and Nosebleeds 1 Inch x 1 Inch - 25mm x 25mm see more...

Samantha E.
Tallassee, TN
This stuff is AMAZING! I picked up a box of this on clearance a while back and threw it in the first aid kit.. figured I'd need it for the dogs at some point. Well, as it turns out, I needed it myself last night.
I was doing a stupid thing (using a very sharp folding knife to cut a ziptie off cardboard packaging when the knife finally broke through the tie and my hand slipped.. I felt the knife point poke my finger and a small sting.
I squeezed my thumb against the spot and walked over to the sink and turned on the cold water .. expecting to see a little spot of blood forming. Instead I had a decent sized gash in the side of my finger where the knife had poked in and the blade followed... yeah that knife is pretty sharp.
I kept pressure on it for several minutes but the bleeding wouldn't stop. I went into the bathroom to find the styptic pencil I had in my doggie first aid kit when I noticed my box of Walgreens Blood Barrier Homostat Gauze and thought "Why not?"
The little 1x1 inch square wasn't all that promising looking when I unwrapped it from it's foil packet, but as soon as I applied it, magic happened!
The gauze got sticky and the blood stopped! It's now 14 hours later.. I still have the piece of gauze stuck to my finger.. I wet the edges as the instructions suggested to help the rest of it stick. It's hard, almost like a cast.. but there is definitely no more bleeding. I'm not sure what will happen if I try to "wash" it off, but since it's not IN the wound but rather covering it, I believe there is a natural clot there as well.
I'm definitely glad I had this at the house. I live an hour from the nearest hospital and didn't want to drive myself while bleeding everywhere..
Courtney T.
Cape Girardeau, MO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I tend to think anything that is a walgreens brand is just as good as any medical one. And honestly the price kind of shows it. I would and have used this product in a heart beat when I've had stiches and other open injuries that need more air than a bandage allows
Dalton A.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This stuff is great! My fiancé bikes a lot, and sometimes he crashes and burns.
These come in handy when that happens!
Carolyn B.
Jamaica, NY
For summer knee scrapes and bruises I use this in place of a Band-Aid. there's no door and it's absorbent
Dolores M.
Awesome generic brand product! Walgreens always makes the best products for lower prices
Mrs.naomi h.
haswell
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This help when u have wond that won't stop bleeding don't no how it works but it helps stop it from bleating fast