BY WALGREENS

• What item do you buy at Walgreens the most?26 Answers
  • How would you rate the friendliness of the pharmacist? I'...11 Answers
  • What do you like most about your closest walgreens location?16 Answers
Walgreens
  • "Their rewards program is just okay - only marked items earn points, but the points convert to money off your transaction." in 8 reviews
  • "They always have great deals and I love that you can combine manufacturers coupons with store coupons and get cash rewards all in one transaction." in 7 reviews
  • "They have great prices, always everything I need and if you sign up for their rewards card you earn points that in turn give you $5+ off your purchase!" in 6 reviews
  • "They have a great selection of health and beauty products as well as snacks and wellness items." in 5 reviews
  • "no matter how many times I tell myself im just getting my meds I usually buy something else also as their seems to always be a great sale going on. " in 5 reviews
Jesa L.
Oklahoma City
Review for: Walgreens more...
I've been getting my prescriptions filled at the same Walgreens store since 2001. None of my information has changed but for the last 2 years, every month I go to pick up my regular monthly medicines, they tell me they dont have my insurance information or they tell me my insurance has been cancelled, it's never been cancelled, or they tell me my insurance doesnt cover it. NOTHING HAS CHANGED! every time they try to charge me an obscene amount of money instead of running my insurance and when I correct them they ask to make copies of my insurance cards AGAIN and just stand at the computer starting at it forever, making me wait when they already have all that info. They have also given my medicine to someone else. They ask to see the persons Id who picks up scheduled/controlled medications every single time, even to drop them off, but they couldn't tell me who picked up my controlled medicine. Sooo...what's the point if the id if it's not registering anywhere? And here's the best thing...I had just got out of the hospital from having a kidney removed and the hospital gave me a medication I'm severely allergic to so I was still very sick, I had blisters and open wounds all over my body from the allergic reaction, and I had a cold. I was transported back and forth to my drs by a stretcher and company of emts/paramedics. One of the pharmacy techs demanded that they bring me in to the store to verify my identity. The driver told him I was on a stretcher and paralyzed and suggested he come out to the van to see me. They have never asked to see me in person when I other people pick up my meds for me but this time they made the transportation people bring me in to the store on the stretcher. I wasnt planning to be seen by people so I had no clothes on bc it hurt my skin. I was just covered with a blanket, but everyone could tell I wasnt wearing a shirt, plus I was coughing with all those visible, big, open sores on my arms, chest, and face. I looked like a leprosy patient or i had tuberculosis or something. The store was busy and everyone was staring at me with disgusted faces like i shouldn't be there. It was sooo degrading and humiliating. The pharmacy tech was just laughing about it saying oh you were serious. The transporters were in full paramedic uniforms, badges, radios. Like really? A paramedic would be lying about their patient being on a stretcher? It was so stupid. Walgreens has significantly gone downhill since I started with them in 2001.
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
Walgreens is my favorite drug store for all my skincare, make up & hair care needs. I love their beauty department and how it has its own counter and special employee working specifically to help you find the makeup you are looking for with ease, if you are not sure what kind of make-up you, need they will guide you in the direction of the best products for your skin type. Their shelve are always fully stocked and each department is extremely organized so you can find exactly what you are looking for in a matter of seconds. I personally go there sometimes just to browse, they are always adding new products to their line and every time I go there I find something new. They are also extremely up-to-date with the current makeup trends and brands. Very rarley do they not have what I'm looking for. Larger Walgreens stores also have a whole section of Soap & Glory products which I have recently become obsessed with thanks to one of their beauty advisors. I'm in the store at least 3 times a week. The staff is always friendly, the store is always clean and I have never had a single bad experience at any location.
Suzette G.
Fayetteville, NC
I love Walgreens; I think I'm here in here three times a week, minimum.  It doesn't help that I have one literally 2 minutes from my house.  They just have everything for quick stops or simple ingredients I need to refill for dinner!  Most of the time I spend way too much time browsing through the cosmetics department and they always have killer sales/coupons in their ad and coupon books.  However, I get my dog food/treats here, my son his Shea Moisture shampoo and bubble bath, and I always refill my prescriptions here.  Overall I've had excellent customer service every time I shop here.  Most of the associates know us because we are in there so frequently and they call me by name; very friendly, quick at the register, and always mention the latest cosmetic sales to me.  The aisles are always tidy and very filled, and if something is sold out they are always happy to check the back for me.  Remember this is a drugstore, they will not have nearly as many products as the regular grocery store or cosmetics store but they often times have random brands that I can't find at those stores too.  It's a perfect mix.  Another great thing about Walgreens is they refill our prescriptions relatively quickly.  If I drop off it typically takes 20 minutes so I can just shop around the store or let my son browse the toy section while we wait.  I love so much that they can give me my flu shot right in store as well.  The biggest thing about Walgreens is they have one of the best rewards cards out there.  You get a point for every $1 but only certain products count; after so much money spent you can get up to $50 off your purchase which is what I typically try to save for.  I love my Balance Rewards card and I love Walgreens! 5 out of 5!
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Review for: Walgreens more...
I wish that I was writing a better review. I’m not sure if this is EVERY Walgreens, but the ones closest to me are not very good. I will give them that they are clean and they have exclusive product lines that most places don’t have.. However, their customer service is about the absolute worst.

I went to Walgreens the other day and they had a sign that was dated December 3rd saying if you buy two products, you get x amount of points. I bought two products and went back the next day because I seen the sign. Although, it was past dated, they wouldn’t honor it even though the sign was still up. That was close to 3 weeks old and a problem on their end. The girl I talked to wouldn’t even dry a manager and simply told me that “it was a mistake.” Well what company won’t honor what they have posted - regardless of how long it’s been up, that is not the customers fault.

Secondly, their ship to store is about the most inconvenient thing that I have ever came across. I wanted to try it because I had decent luck with Walmart and I found it to be organized and nice. With Walgreens, that was not the case. It shipped to the store in two days. After a week of seeing that it was delivered to the store, I decided to just go in and get it. I went to the store and the girl couldn’t find my order in the computer! I was the only order there, so it’s not like she was swamped with orders. She didn’t check my ID or anything and honestly, it just wasn’t a good experience. Why would you keep your customers waiting on the packages for that long? I don’t understand.

I’m not sure if that is with all Walgreens, but these experiences definitely left a bad taste in my mouth and made me not ever want to shop there again. Disappointing.
Vanessa J.
Wise, VA
Review for: Walgreens more...
I’m probably going to have to update this seeing as my Rite Aid I’ve used for years has been bought out by Walgreens and right at first it wasn’t good!! My prescription prices jumped higher and until they can fully convert to Walgreens I just have to deal with it, I was already struggling to get my prescriptions but the pharmacy staff stayed the same and I adore each and every one of them they treat me great and try their best to add discounts to my prescriptions so I’ll stay with them for now and see how things go when they are fully converted into Walgreens
t s.
Review for: Walgreens more...
You will only shop here for little odds and ends. The prices are ridiculous! Some items are 3x the price compared to other convenient stores. I like the makeup isle for drugstore products but they could be a little more affordable. The pharmacy is so slow sometimes. You could come from across town from the doctors and the prescription will be sent over before you leave and the Walgreens pharmacy will still not have your medicine done. You could wait an extra 10-20 minutes for your medicine which is horrible if you’re not feeling well. The constant calls to pick up prescriptions can be really annoying especially when you get to Walgreens and their not ready. I do like the rewards points you earn for shopping in store.
Trish H.
Plano, TX
Review for: Walgreens more...
About 10 years ago, we moved all of the prescriptions for our family to Walgreen’s. It helps to have everything in one place and pharmacy staff who know you. I enjoy shopping there while waiting, and their rewards program is fantastic. I love those occasions when I can take $5-20 off of my purchase. Probably the best thing is the convenience of their app. Scanning to refill meds, or selecting them from your account, is quick and easy. It also gives me a great record of what meds, dosages, and refill dates are for everything.
Kim G.
Review for: Walgreens more...
Staff at the Walgreens pharmacy I used were great. The Walgreens my mom uses seems to have a lot of new people. I didn’t use that one because the lines can be long, meaning it can’t be filled while I wait.

My biggest concerns with Walgreens is the number of times they have lost a prescription. I would drop one off after a dr visit, but too early to fill. When I would try and fill it they didn’t have it. This happened at least 4 times in 2017.

Mom still uses Walgreens, I was forced to change due to employers insurance.
Hannah M.
I love shopping at Walgreens and I am obsessed with their healthy choice balance rewards. I have it set up to my health app on my phone so it automatically records my exercise for me. You can keep track of you weight, sleeping habits, and if you want to keep track of trying to quit smoking which I am in the process of. I use their pharmacy and they always have what I need stocked. I don’t have to wait too long for my medication. Walgreens is all around a wonderful store/pharmacy to shop at.
Kendall K.
Indiana
Review for: Walgreens more...
I go to Walgreens all the time. I like buying my toiletries and makeup there because it’s much smaller than bigger stores like Walmart so I don’t get as overwhelmed when I’m shopping. Plus the rewards points are great, so I strongly suggest getting a rewards card (it’s free!) because you can rack up points pretty quickly and use them to get discounts on future purchases. I have noticed that the prices at Walgreens can be a little more expensive compared to other stores. But if you use your rewards points, you can get things for free or discounted prices, so it can kind of balance out. It’s definitely one of my favorite stores to shop at.
Phoebe b.
What item do you buy at Walgreens the most?
Heather W.
Charlotte, NC
What do you like most about your closest walgreens location?
Mitchell D.
Columbus, OH
How would you rate the friendliness of the pharmacist? I'm not talking about the technicians that ring out your prescriptions at the cash register, but the pharmacist him/herself? Would you go to him/her for an over-the-counter recommendation?
Jamie S.
Akron, OH
I never come to this store! I look at ads on Sunday but there isn't anything that special for me to go there. I like to go to store where I can get everything, and although it seems like it has a lot, it doesn't have everything. Not for me but I know a lot of people that shop there!
Rocio V.
Madera , CA
I love to go to Walgreens. In my town it's Walmart, Walgreens and cvs. Out of all 3 I prefer Walgreens. Walmart is just too crowded and lines all the time. Walgreens is easy in and out.