Add a Photo

By VULLI
#1 in Teethers
0-12 months+. The famous giraffe `Sophie’, who has been part of babies’ lives for more than 40 years. Slender, flexible, and soft, baby can squeeze and chew her in complete safety. Made of 100% Natural Rubber and food paint. Lovable and amusing, she makes a happy sound when her body is squeezed: Stimulate baby s hearing and helps him to understand the link between cause and effect. She is perfect for soothing Baby s sore gums when teething. In natural rubber. Height: 7 inches or 18 cm. BPA, Phthalates Free. The Story of Sophie the Giraffe Once Upon a time, a simple story . Th.
Photos (36)
Ryoko M.
Ryoko M.

I decided to buy Sophie due to the fact that it was natural rubber, and used food grade paint. I had heard great things about it and had a gift card so decided to go for it. My son was 5 months old when we got it - he wasn't all that interested in it for a couple of weeks, but once he got the hang of putting Sophie's hooves into his mouth, he loved it. He is 7 months old, and he still chews on her. What I appreciate about Sophie is that there are multiple spots to chew on, and they are all shaped differently. As well, what I realized was that everything is strategically shaped so that baby cannot put it in too far as to gag. It is a well made teether, and I would assume that it would last beyond your first child. If you are concerned about plastics and it's safety, I would recommend Sophie!
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Camby, IN

I think when we got our Sophie they were still around $30. We registered for it and received it, our son was born in October and so for Christmas someone checked out our registry and saw that it was still on there and had bought it for him. I mean what else do you buy a 2 month old lol? Anyway, he has loved it from the very beginning. We have taken it everywhere with us. I have heard about the recent potential mold risks but haven't had any funny smells coming from ours. He is a little over 2 now so he doesn't play with it much anymore. I was keeping it for baby #2 but perhaps I'll just put it up in his keepsake box and invest in a fresh one when a second baby comes along.
Ellie S.
Ellie S.
Greeley, Co

I will agree that my daughter loved this and it was a very cute item. Not only that but i did notice she did have some good teething relief from it. Now my only problem is we purchased this back in 2011 and it was like 10 dollars and now years later i was going to repurchase for my new baby and its 2 times the price. I am having a hard time clicking purchase and I might just not get it again. I understand the demand increases the price but itws so much money teethers can easily get lost and i dont want to pay 20 and if it gets misplaced i dont see myself repurchasing. I think the pricepoint is too expensive.
Erin H.
Erin H.
Green Valley, IL

I bought this product at Toys R Us, and it was literally a life saver. My son took this giraffe everywhere and chewed on it constantly. The giraffe's legs were his go to every time. They are the perfect size to get all the hard to reach spots on his gums. We went through 2 of these because my son loved this product so much! I've seen concerns lately of mold building up in this product. Our giraffe went into the bathtub sometimes and I didn't have any problems. I would probably be more cautious now though since others have had issues.
Marlie S.
Marlie S.

My husband decided to register for this product while I thought it was overpriced and ridiculous. I have to say that I was completely wrong! My little one LOVES this product, and we would be lost without it! It is such a soft surface and also provides a variety of different areas for her to chew! The only downside is that it attracts dirt rather quickly so I find myself wiping it down quite a bit. Other than that, I love it. We now own several Sophie items--including books and toys.
Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.

I just bought this yesterday for my son after hearing how much babies love Sophie for teething! I got it at Target and I believe it was just under $25, granted its a little high for a teething toy but I love that it's eco friendly and safe for baby in all aspects. Not to mention who wouldn't do anything for their baby who is in teething pain! I can't wait for him to play with this and see just how much he loves it. I definitely want to buy the other Vulli teething toys as well!
Danielle G.
Danielle G.

This product is actually really great. I was skeptical because of the price, so I actually got grandma to buy it for my daughter ;). She loved it. She mainly chewed on the hooves. It was very easy for her to hold.
My kid chewed on it a lot and the paint never came off, which was something I was a little worried about. The rubber also never tore, so this teether is very well made.
Once my daughter found the squeak, she was obsessed.
Surprisingly, it is a really great buy!
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

I don't think this teether is worth the hype, to be honest. Both of my kids used it and played with it, but they didn't prefer it over any other teether we had. My kids used it occasionally, and when they were about a year they lost all interest in it. I would recommend spending $25 on a few cheaper teethers that do the job just as well. This is cute, and it works, but it doesn't do anything special that a different, less expensive teether wouldn't do.
Julishaa F.
Julishaa F.
Salem, MA

I heard so many good things about this product. As well as seen them with hundreds of babies. I honestly didn't believe a baby could enjoy a toy/teether this much. I avoided purchasing right away due to the price. Boy do I regret the short time I waited. It was worth every penny. My daughter spends hours going to town on this teether, Sophie is truly my daughters best friend. This is a must have teether for all babies.
Brooke S.
Brooke S.
South Jordan, UT

It's cute but I don't fully get the hype and my son definitely doesn't. He would much rather gum the $1 teething ring from Walmart or a carrot. Ha. Expensive taste, that one.
I got this as a gift but would probably never purchase it myself. The price point it WAY too high for a teether and my son really wasn't into it. It does have a nice shape but you can find lots of other, much cheaper options if you just look.
Sarah R.
Sarah R.
Long Beach , Ca

Is this product is good as well as they say ?
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
Fort Worth, TX

Why should I spend 40 bucks on a teether???
Bobbie Jo S.
Bobbie Jo S.
Fayetteville, NC

Why in the world is this thing so PRICEY!?
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Newport, TN

Is this worth the money ?
nicki B.
nicki B.

my youngest daughter loves this toy but did it remind anyone else of a dog toy?

Join Now