BY VULLI #1 in Teethers

0-12 months+. The famous giraffe `Sophie’, who has been part of babies’ lives for more than 40 years. Slender, flexible, and soft, baby can squeeze and chew her in complete safety. Made of 100% Natural Rubber and food paint. Lovable and amusing, she makes a happy sound when her body is squeezed: Stimulate baby s hearing and helps him to understand the link between cause and effect. She is perfect for soothing Baby s sore gums when teething. In natural rubber. Height: 7 inches or 18 cm. BPA, Phthalates Free. The Story of Sophie the Giraffe Once Upon a time, a simple story . Th. see more...

• This teether is so cute its def a must have for my baby girll :) ...2 Answers
  • Is this seriously worth the money ? 5 Answers
  • Has anyone had problem with the mold on the inside? 2 Answers
Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether
  • "I always heard such great things about this teething toy so I found it on sale at Target and snagged it along with a book." in 49 reviews
  • "My daughter couldn't care less about it, in fact my DOG thought it was for him and tore it apart in no time :-/ Luckily that was an used one that a friend had given to us that he did that to, however, my point remains... more of a dog toy than a kid toy." in 46 reviews
  • "My daughter loved hers and now my son will get to use it..my only concern is it is hard to clean but I still love it so much that I also bought him gabin the bear!" in 29 reviews
  • "I swore to myself that we would never get this over-priced piece of squeaky plastic... but someone bought it for us for a baby shower and my son LOVES it, especially since he's teething." in 27 reviews
  • "My daughter loved this little giraffe so much that I actually had to find a stuffed animal that looks similar so she would finally stop trying to sleep with the teether, haha :)" in 21 reviews
Ryoko M.
Ryoko M.
I decided to buy Sophie due to the fact that it was natural rubber, and used food grade paint. I had heard great things about it and had a gift card so decided to go for it. My son was 5 months old when we got it - he wasn't all that interested in it for a couple of weeks, but once he got the hang of putting Sophie's hooves into his mouth, he loved it. He is 7 months old, and he still chews on her. What I appreciate about Sophie is that there are multiple spots to chew on, and they are all shaped differently. As well, what I realized was that everything is strategically shaped so that baby cannot put it in too far as to gag. It is a well made teether, and I would assume that it would last beyond your first child. If you are concerned about plastics and it's safety, I would recommend Sophie!
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Camby, IN
Mega Parent Expert
I think when we got our Sophie they were still around $30. We registered for it and received it, our son was born in October and so for Christmas someone checked out our registry and saw that it was still on there and had bought it for him. I mean what else do you buy a 2 month old lol? Anyway, he has loved it from the very beginning. We have taken it everywhere with us. I have heard about the recent potential mold risks but haven't had any funny smells coming from ours. He is a little over 2 now so he doesn't play with it much anymore. I was keeping it for baby #2 but perhaps I'll just put it up in his keepsake box and invest in a fresh one when a second baby comes along.
Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.
I just bought this yesterday for my son after hearing how much babies love Sophie for teething! I got it at Target and I believe it was just under $25, granted its a little high for a teething toy but I love that it's eco friendly and safe for baby in all aspects. Not to mention who wouldn't do anything for their baby who is in teething pain! I can't wait for him to play with this and see just how much he loves it. I definitely want to buy the other Vulli teething toys as well!
Danielle G.
Danielle G.
This product is actually really great. I was skeptical because of the price, so I actually got grandma to buy it for my daughter ;). She loved it. She mainly chewed on the hooves. It was very easy for her to hold.
My kid chewed on it a lot and the paint never came off, which was something I was a little worried about. The rubber also never tore, so this teether is very well made.
Once my daughter found the squeak, she was obsessed.
Surprisingly, it is a really great buy!
Julishaa F.
Julishaa F.
Salem, MA
I heard so many good things about this product. As well as seen them with hundreds of babies. I honestly didn't believe a baby could enjoy a toy/teether this much. I avoided purchasing right away due to the price. Boy do I regret the short time I waited. It was worth every penny. My daughter spends hours going to town on this teether, Sophie is truly my daughters best friend. This is a must have teether for all babies.
Brooke S.
Brooke S.
South Jordan, UT
It's cute but I don't fully get the hype and my son definitely doesn't. He would much rather gum the $1 teething ring from Walmart or a carrot. Ha. Expensive taste, that one.
I got this as a gift but would probably never purchase it myself. The price point it WAY too high for a teether and my son really wasn't into it. It does have a nice shape but you can find lots of other, much cheaper options if you just look.
Robb M.
Robb M.
Herndon, VA
I'm going with three stars here because this is a sturdy, quality product that our babies love. That said, it is a $20+ chew toy. That's it. You can get essentially the same thing at Petco for less (some of those won't be safe for babies, others are). There are also competing brands that offer similar items at half the price.

Good product. Just make peace with the fact that it's a $20+ chew toy.
Jamie W.
Jamie W.
Lynchburg, VA
I was hesitant about this teether at first, even though everyone recommended it. It's super expensive for a teether! We put it on our registry and my grandmother got it for me. Turns out, it lives up to the hype! She really does love it. It's soft and seems great for teething, but even beyond that, it's big enough that she can get a good grip on it and stay entertained for a while!
Nicholene M.
Nicholene M.
Sacramento, CA
Mega Parent Expert
We just got this as a gift for our daughter. she seems to be leaving so we just took it out of the package and gave it to her. she seems to really like it a lot. she uses it to rub her gums whenever they're bothering her. it also seems to calm her down a bit when she is fussy. so wondering about the best way of cleaning it since she drools all over it. otherwise I actually like it.
Omg, my baby loves her Sophie! First off, it's the cutest toy ever. We have every chew toy on the market. Ones that go in the fridge, freezer, etc. every toy gets thrown to the wayside but her Sophie! She not only prefers it to any of her chew toys, but any of her toys period. It's good grade silicone with food grade dye, so I don't have to worry about her chewing on it.
Sarah R.
Sarah R.
Long Beach , CA
Is this product is good as well as they say ?
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
Fort Worth, TX
Why should I spend 40 bucks on a teether???
Bobbie Jo S.
Bobbie Jo S.
Fayetteville, NC
Why in the world is this thing so PRICEY!?
nicki B.
nicki B.
my youngest daughter loves this toy but did it remind anyone else of a dog toy?
Kristin V.
Kristin V.
What is so great about these? Are they really worth the money?