VTech Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor with 2 Parent Units

by VTech

#4 in Baby Monitors

The dependable safe&sound dm111-2 digital audio baby monitor is a must-have for any nursery. With a range of up to 1,000 feet and high-quality sound, you can rest assured you'll hear your little one s every call. The two parent units allow you to stay connected from more than one room at once. Plus, totally digital transmission cuts down on annoying static and feedback from other wireless devices, so the only noises you'll hear are your baby's. It s a great way to keep your little one safe and sound.

I just got this bought for me how was it? Did it do all the description tells?
Start your review of VTech Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor with 2 Parent Units!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...brand batteries. but overall, this is a fabulous monitor that isn't a video monitor.” in 11 reviews
Orefield, PA
We have a small one floor house so this was a good choice for us. Nothing fancy, very simple, and cheap. The only thing that I don't like, and maybe it's just ours, but you can't unplug it or it beeps. So if I wanted to take the parent's speaker with me it would beep and die right away with or without new batteries. This wasn't a big deal for us though because like I said our house is small.
Spokane
Very basic monitor. I think I paid $20 for it. It gets the job done, but it has a few issues. It can be plugged in or battery operated. I always choose to keep it plugged in, but it still dies sometimes. Also, the quietest option is still pretty damn loud. Other than that, it's decent.
Parkersburg
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I got this as a baby shower gift and used it all the time after I had my baby. I have never had any problems with it. I also love how it can be portable as well, you just put batteries in it. So you can still hear your baby while he/she sleeps and you can get stuff done.
Luling
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
The VTech audio baby monitors are really good, and really well-priced. I would not recommend trying to use them on battery power for long, as the battery drains REALLY fast (hence the 4 stars). But, when they're plugged in they work great. Perfect for baby.
Duarte, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Love this product and how easy it is to set up. I lay the baby in the crib with his monitor near and it allows me to go and finish this around the house without having to worry. I would definitely recommend and for the price it worth it
Denver, CO
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I received these for my baby shower and I love them! I use them most when my daughter takes her nap and I can always take a monitor with me anywhere. Not expensive. Super affordable! Totally recommend. & even if you don’t have batteries, you can still plug it in and be able to get use out of it
Nampa, ID
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
It works great so far. We've only used it in our house but we've had no issues with it at all. It doesn't pick up the sounds when the baby is just waking up but it does pick up babbling or crying.
Catoosa, ok
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
It works and does the job but it’s not very good using just batteries. I also don’t like the buttons to turn off and on. You have to hold down the button to turn on and is awkward.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
We bought this monitor for specifically our camper! We camp often and wanted a way to check on baby without going in and out, but we also didn’t want to spend the money on a video monitor because it wouldn’t get frequent use! I love this product and it works great for the task at hand, I just wish it had a bit longer of a connection distance! We can stay at our campsite but if we try and go to the next campsite over we loose connection!
Las Vegas
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
A great, basic baby monitor. It does the job and it’s simple. No frills, just a straightforward one-way baby monitor. It actually has a longer range than I expected.