Top Questions See all 414 Q&A
- "After many years of driving a Jeep I found myself in need of a small car to take me to and from work that had better gas mileage than my Jeep, so I bought a Volkswagen golf and have been in love with it since!" in 34 reviews
- "I always thought that they were the cutest cars when I was a kid, so of course when it came time for me to purchase my first car, I chose a bug!" in 28 reviews
- "I have owned my Rabbit for so many years now and it's my faithful steed, gets great gas mileage, and drives like a dream!" in 15 reviews
- "Ohhhh the heated seats... Every month when Mother Nature decides to rear her ugly head, my roommate and I get milkshakes and sit in the car jamming to Tay Swift, while letting the wonderfully heated seats work their magic." in 11 reviews
- "Diesel engine) while my parents drive an '09 Jetta TDI and my 3 brothers own a '13 Jetta TDI, '08 Passat and '13 Passat TDI SEL." in 10 reviews
I had ridden in my bosses Jettaand loved how comfy and luxe it felt. I knew I wanted a four door, and I wanted whoever sat in the back to be comfortable. That's why I ended up going with the pass at- it's super roomy. The backseats lay down flat and your trunk is "HUUUUUUUUUUUGE". I was able to put a plastic play center gym thing with a rock wall for toddlers in the back. Laying flat.
At Christmas in 2009 I was Tboned by a recycle truck. It was unexpected out of nowhere... Very much like their commercial where that happens. He hit me so hard and fast I didn't even comprehend I'd beenhit. The passenger doors were puncutred & torn but I was OK with some injuries but feeling that if I had been in my Honda it would have been worse.
First issue was with the automatic transmission locking up and would not be able to switch gears occasionally. So when I tried to explain to my father for weeks I would never be able to recreate the issue. Finally I refuser do to use the car for weeks opting to ride with friends or take the bus. My father to prove a point began driving the car for a week to "prove it was all in my head and I was a nervous driver" after one day in the car he stormed in for dinner saying that he left it at VW to look at and that there truest was an issue.
The mechanics were either absolute morons or they didn't bother the resolve the issue we took it in 4 times while under manufacturing warntee siting the same thing every time. We were told there was no issues. Not until it was a month out of warntee did someone "find" the issue was the bolts that hold my transmission thing in place 2 were missing and the remaining were lose. They had the audacity to try and charge us $400 mind you this is after they had been charging us for all the check ups.
After a few years I had a car accident (I was not at fault) the plastic bumper crumbles the sides crinkle and the glass shattered and to top it off the frame was easily bent. What a waste, oh and there insurance would not replace only fix)
I would never recommend this brand to my worst enemy. To add insult to injury if you have any issue at all it's a beginning price point of about $300 - $400 dollars because it was a foreign car.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos