BY VITA LIBERATA #28 in Self-Tanner

A superbly hydrating lotion that applies clear like a moisturizer and then develops to a beautiful sunkissed glow that can be deepened with daily use. This ultra-hydrating lotion formula is gentle enough for dry and sensitive skin types, and creates a natural-looking tan that fades after four to seven days. Certified organic botanicals and a moisture locking system nourish the skin and give 72-hour hydration while Odour Remove™ technology ensures no smell whatsoever. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This product includes organic extracts and natural ingredients which are accredited by the Soil Association. It does not contain triclosan, GMOs, fragrance, or alchohol. see more...

• Do you need to shower after using this product like a normal self...1 Answers
  • I've tried many gradual tanning lotions and they either don't wor...1 Answers
  • Is a mitt needed for application? Also, how many times did you us...1 Answers
Jordan M.
I personally did not notice a big difference in using this product. It did help to give me a natural glow, however I expected there to be more of a bronze color since it is advertised as self-tanning lotion. I was using this over the summer when I was already kind of tan, so that could be why I didn't notice a difference. I'd be willing to try it again though.
Jennie M.
Ditch the gross self tanners and pick this up - seriously. I remember using Jergens in High School and was not into the idea of this at first. However, I'm very pale and this gave a gentle glow, rather than a different skintone, which is my JAM. ALSO, it has a knockout ingredients list - passes all my natural beauty checks!
Hannah R.
Mayfield Vlg, OH
I received this in my Birchbox and I have used it everyday since then! It gives your skin a natural glow. There is no tint in it, it's not oily or sticky and it does not leave streaks. It just helps give you a glow. I use this product on my face daily to help look less pale, but it can be used on your whole body! I buy this on Amazon! It is also scent free and gentle on my skin!
Allison W.
Mckinney, TX
Natural products are my jam. Whenever possible I look for and purchase chemical free and with as little added junk as possible! Sometimes those particular products are very expensive or they don't maybe work quiet as well as their chemically competition, but I still look and I still try!

This gradual tan lotion is awesome! I will say, it is pricey, but you don't trade quality or effectiveness at all!! In fact, this is my current FAVORITE self tanner brand, hands down!! This particular formula feels like a nice moisturizing lotion without leaving your skin feeling greasy. It is gentle and subtle enough to use on your face, as well as the rest of your body. And NO gross fake tan smell!!

Self tanner rules still apply!! Be mindful of amount used around feet, knees, elbows & always throughly wash your hands after application. It takes a good 4-6 hours to see full effect. So, I suggest going slow b/c it is easily buildable and easy enough to use on a daily basis, if desired.

Highly recommend!

*Update: I still prefer this one on my face over the same brand's Night Moisture Mask specifically for your face.
Lily M.
So I got this in a birchbox and i Love it! At first I thought it was like a tanning cream thag you put on while you tan, but then I realized that it’s so much better! I used it for hoco and i looked so airbrushed and amazing, and it didn’t look orange at all!
Kayla W.
Sarasota, FL
I absolutely love this stuff! I received it in my monthly subscription box and was very hesitant to try. I've never used self tanners because I have heard soo many horror stories.
However, I use to tan so beautifully when I lived up north. Now I live in Florida and I can barely be outside for 30minutes without getting red and eventually turning into a pained lobster. With that being said, I avoid the sun contact and wear lots of sunscreen.
I personally don't feel right without having a tan at least in the summer time so I decided to give this a go!
At first it didn't do much, but the next day when I woke up I noticed a difference! After a few more applications and I was finally starting to get the color I've been wanting!!
I will definitely be picking up the larger size!!
Kristie A.
I used to never use self tanning lotions, because I lay out in the sun. That was until I received  Vita Liberata Fabulous Self Tanning Gradual Lotion in one of my monthly subscription boxes. Its clear like a face moisturizer. It doesn't have any kind of smell. Its really greasy feeling though. It leaves my skin whiney and greasy for about 20 or 30 mins after I apply it. Once it dries my skin feels normal. Throughout the day my skins continues to get darker. I usually apply two days in a row and wait until 3 says later to apply again. I look like I've been at the beach tanning. I love it
Sarah K.
wilmington, NC
I received this as a sample product in my May Birchbox, I am not going to lie I was a little bit hesitant to try it out because I don't normally use self tanners. I am always  worried that its going to make me orange and be really streaky looking. I have used some in the past but mostly just natural tanning is what I do. But I decided to give it  a go. I was super surprised to that it was clear!!  The self tanner smell is still there but it is not as strong as other ones that I have smelled. It gave me a pretty good tan and didn't turn me orange however I am not sure how natural it looks. I am just glad it didn't make me look like an oompa loompa!! I would recommend using gloves though because even though it is clear it will make your hands look weird if you don't.
Phyllis S.
TUPELO, MS
This stuff is awesome! I recieved a sample of this in my birchbox. It took a minite for me to actually try it because the instructions say to use a self tanner mitt but i didnt have one. I decided to try it anyways on my legs! I put it on after i showered and shaved and dried well. Since i fidnt have a mitt, i just washed my hands well with some soap and my hands didnt turn orange! It took a few hours to notice a difference, but i wasnt turning orange! I was turning a nice natural tan color which is awesome because my legs were VERY fair. By the next day they were even more tan!
Heather F.
Crofton, MD
This product is amazingggg! I typically always used St Tropez foam tanner but it was a pain to put on, wait 3 hrs and then wash off. BUT I found vita liberata's self tanning lotion and I'm hooked. Rubs on like lotion and you don't have to rinse off. I put on at night and in the morning I have a great sun kissed tan that lasts about a week and a half. Not orangey and doesn't streak. Just use sparingly around knees, elbows and ankles. Seriously am in love with this product for regular use.
Amanda D.
Knoxville, TN
Has anyone tried to apply this without a mitt? My friend gave me a sample she got, but it didn't come with a mitt. I'd love to see how this product works but I'm scared it will look funny!
Jennifer B.
Ive, been thinking about a new tanner for summer. Will this stain my clothes, I always find this to be a problem?
Devin K.
Edmonds, WA
Is a mitt needed for application? Also, how many times did you use it before seeing a difference?
Paige G.
Rockport, TX
Do you need to shower after using this product like a normal self-tanner?
Chelsea G.
East Bend, NC
Does this product leave a streaky look? Is there a strong smell?