BY VITA LIBERATA #28 in Self-Tanner

A superbly hydrating lotion that applies clear like a moisturizer and then develops to a beautiful sunkissed glow that can be deepened with daily use. This ultra-hydrating lotion formula is gentle enough for dry and sensitive skin types, and creates a natural-looking tan that fades after four to seven days. Certified organic botanicals and a moisture locking system nourish the skin and give 72-hour hydration while Odour Remove™ technology ensures no smell whatsoever. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This product includes organic extracts and natural ingredients which are accredited by the Soil Association. It does not contain triclosan, GMOs, fragrance, or alchohol. see more...

• Do you need to shower after using this product like a nor...1 Answers
  • I've tried many gradual tanning lotions and they either d...1 Answers
  • Is a mitt needed for application? Also, how many times di...1 Answers
Briana V.
Lake Worth, FL
I was skeptical about trying this product just because I used to consistently use self tanner a couple years ago & I have had quite the bad experiences with some of the products I have put to test. I have tried a variety of brands, from Banana Boat to St.Tropez! Some I liked while others left me looking like a pumpkin :/ Truthfully, this is the BEST self tanner I have tried. It is absolutely amazing, I noticed a significant difference in my complexion after one application however, I prefer applying at least two layers. It looks beyond natural which is sooooo very important. It mentions there’s no scent however, I notice a light one but nothing that is overbearing and bothers my nose. I received this from Poshly and I’m providing my honest review (:
Melissa S.
Jacksonville, NC
Not a fan at all. I didn't use a Mitt to apply this (it didn't do any damage to my hands thoigh) I applied this to my legs and followed the directions and it turned out so blotchy and now my legs look unnatural. Not worth the money. Ontop of that it took a full night's sleep to show up.
Courtney E.
Camp Lejeune, NC
I liked this product. It gave me a very natural looking tan that faded equally naturally. The full color was there after about 8 hours and I needed two applications for it to really show on my very pale legs. It felt a lot like a body moisturizer which is a little scary at first but actually was very nice. I wish there was a little bit of an immediate bronzer so I could see if I missed a spot or coated it unevenly.
Gabrielle B.
Boston, MA
I got this as a “gift with purchase” when ordering other products from Ulta. I liked it and it definitely did make me look more tanned, but it wasn’t an instant dark tan like a self-tanning mousse. The lotion is also clear, not bronze, so you have to be extra careful to apply evenly because it can be difficult to see where it was applied and become streaky. I also didn’t think it faded well and faded more streaky.
Ana J.
Madison
I received this product from a friend who doesn’t self tan and I had previously been using St. Tropez. This exceeded my expectations by a million! I love that the lotion is initially clear and develops and builds over time. It is on the pricey side but it is totally worth it for a non streaky tan that won rub off on your bracelets or clothes. I will definitely been purchasing this again.
Jordan M.
I personally did not notice a big difference in using this product. It did help to give me a natural glow, however I expected there to be more of a bronze color since it is advertised as self-tanning lotion. I was using this over the summer when I was already kind of tan, so that could be why I didn't notice a difference. I'd be willing to try it again though.
Lauren H.
Brighton, MA
I love this self tanner. Received it as a sample in a Birchbox and have ordered the full size. When I use it people ask me if I have gone tanning it’s so natural. Still has that self tanner smell a little but it’s not as overpowering as others
Alex H.
Wichita, KS
This is by far my favorite gradual tanner I have ever used. I was skeptical when I read reviews claiming it had no “fake tanner smell,” but it really doesn’t! The color is not super obvious, but you definitely get a nice glow which is what I wanted.
Allison W.
Mckinney, TX
Natural products are my jam. Whenever possible I look for and purchase chemical free and with as little added junk as possible! Sometimes those particular products are very expensive or they don't maybe work quiet as well as their chemically competition, but I still look and I still try!

This gradual tan lotion is awesome! I will say, it is pricey, but you don't trade quality or effectiveness at all!! In fact, this is my current FAVORITE self tanner brand, hands down!! This particular formula feels like a nice moisturizing lotion without leaving your skin feeling greasy. It is gentle and subtle enough to use on your face, as well as the rest of your body. And NO gross fake tan smell!!

Self tanner rules still apply!! Be mindful of amount used around feet, knees, elbows & always throughly wash your hands after application. It takes a good 4-6 hours to see full effect. So, I suggest going slow b/c it is easily buildable and easy enough to use on a daily basis, if desired.

Highly recommend!

*Update: I still prefer this one on my face over the same brand's Night Moisture Mask specifically for your face.
Chloe M.
Lexington
Gives such an even tan in just one application. Other tanning lotions are either streaky, orange or take a few applications to notice a difference. This is the best I’ve used. I love this stuff!
Amanda D.
Knoxville, TN
Has anyone tried to apply this without a mitt? My friend gave me a sample she got, but it didn't come with a mitt. I'd love to see how this product works but I'm scared it will look funny!
Jennifer B.
Ive, been thinking about a new tanner for summer. Will this stain my clothes, I always find this to be a problem?
Devin K.
Edmonds, WA
Is a mitt needed for application? Also, how many times did you use it before seeing a difference?
Paige G.
Rockport, TX
Do you need to shower after using this product like a normal self-tanner?
Chelsea G.
East Bend, NC
Does this product leave a streaky look? Is there a strong smell?

back
Vita Liberata Fabulous Self Tanning Gradual LotionInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018
Vita Liberata