BY VITA LIBERATA

A superbly hydrating lotion that applies clear like a moisturizer and then develops to a beautiful sunkissed glow that can be deepened with daily use. This ultra-hydrating lotion formula is gentle enough for dry and sensitive skin types, and creates a natural-looking tan that fades after four to seven days. Certified organic botanicals and a moisture locking system nourish the skin and give 72-hour hydration while Odour Remove™ technology ensures no smell whatsoever. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This product includes organic extracts and natural ingredients which are accredited by the Soil Association. It does not contain triclosan, GMOs, fragrance, or alchohol. see more...

• I've tried many gradual tanning lotions and they either don't wor...1 Answers
  • Do you need to shower after using this product like a normal self...1 Answers
  • Is a mitt needed for application? Also, how many times did you us...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Breanne R.
Mims, FL
Was thrilled to receive a self tanner!
Im not big into tanners but have always wanted to try them. Ive always been a little scared because I never wanted to spend the money on something that would turn me orange or smell horrible.
I opened this bad boy up and was very surprised to see that it was clear... umm but what do I know.
I applied a small amount to my arm to test it out.
it was still clear and just seemed like regular lotion.
I guess I thought tanner lotion was like fairy dust.
BUT Nothing happened...
I grew disappointed and a little upset.
Oh well I said, it must not work and didn't think much about it after that.
Then waking up the next morning brushing my teeth and washing my face out of the corner of my eye I saw a HUGE dark area on my arm.
I immediately started laughing because I knew exactly what it was from.
Lets just say...
THIS LOTION REALLY WORKS.
Ive now put it over my entire body to even out the awkward tan square on my arm. :)
Waking up the next morning with a beautiful tan without the harmful sun rays.

It does have a slight tanner smell but not annoying at all and easy to cover up.
Defiantly buying this product!!!!!

P.S. WEAR GLOVES.
unless you would like lovely brown palms...... ;P
Lyndsay A.
Edmond, OK
I love this stuff. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!! Don't use a body wash with moisturizer and don't mix it with another lotion. Personally worked wonders for me. I also used gloves to prevent lotion getting into the crevasses of my fingers and collecting (which would make it orange)and go in circular motion when applying. Stays well for about a week (depending on how often you're in water. You can build it up too to give you a darker tan (can't say that won't make you look orange). Although do one layer and let it sit for a couple hours before applying more, it gradually gets darker! Definitely recommend, I will be buying more!
Heather T.
Inver Grove, MN
I received a sample of this and was hesitant to try it. I'm so fair that if I walked outside naked in the middle of a winter snowstorm, you definitely wouldn't see me! Most self-tanners turn me orange. Plus I hate the way they smell.

NOT THIS PRODUCT

I was shocked at the nice, light tan I achieved after just one application. It got a little heavy near the ankles, but that was my bad. I just sloughed it off with my buff puff the next time I showered, and was more careful with my second application.

Net-net: Didn't turn me orange. Didn't stink. Will purchase after my sample runs out!
Leslie P.
Marietta, GA
I received this in my Birchbox this month and I am so impressed! I will say this is way less gradual then other gradual lotions I have used. In fact it actually ended up being darker than another regular spray self tanner I have that is supposed to be "deep". So the first time I used it I ended up having some splotching around my ankles, but that's user error because I didn't realize how careful I had to be with application. When I took more time and put it on more carefully the color was beautiful and the application was flawless. It's not too orange and it looks very natural.
Kelly C.
Stevenson Ranch, CA
It's an unusual tanner. Soft to apply but it's a little tricky. To receive the full value of the tanning solution you do have to reapply at least three times with a 24 hour break in between each application. You also should use an "application mitten". The mitten will insure even spread of the product and you will avoid your palms being "tanned". Another recommendation is to have someone else apply the solution to your body for an even tan and to insure you don't miss a spot.
Maria L.
I was excited to try this since it's a gradual tan. I think I will continue to try it and see how it goes but so far I find it is a bit on the orange side and does go quite dark on my pale skin. It does leaves streakes even though I thought I massaged it in pretty well. You really have to take your time to make sure it doesn't leave streaks. Doesn't stain clothes or sheets as far as I noticed. My skin didn't feel any kind of allergic reaction which is good.
Rebecca B.
Akron, NY
I'm very fair naturally so it's hard to find a self tan that looks natural. This when used once gives me a nice glow. I was nervous about it not having a color guide but it went on beautifully. For my personal skin tone I was not able to use it more than 2 days in a week without being slightly orange but 2 applications was perfect. This is amazing for fair skin! I do advise using a mitt however to ensure everything goes on smooth and no orange palms
allie n.
Hamilton, NY
This tanner was amazing. I am PALE, so the first time I applied it I felt it was a little too dark for me. The color was great but I'm naturally snow white so it just felt to drastic. No problem, the second time I used it I halfed it with my plane mosturizer and it worked perfectly. I got the exact color I was looking for. Plus there was NO gross self tanner smell it was perfect. (That is me on the right with the tanner applied)
courtney L.
This stuff is fantastic!!! I love that I gives me a natural looking ran without all the exposure that can damage my skin. It gradually builds up unlike most self tanners I've tried. I like to put it on a few hours before bed and by morning I have a nice tan. The best part, no one knows it's not me...I look like I've been laying out on the beach but don't have to go through the painful sunburn first! Love it!
Taylor P.
Indianapolis, IN
I tried this recently and was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked! I've never used a self tanner before so I was really nervous but this product went on easy and in just one day I noticed a difference in my skin tone. I do want to stress that you will need to apply this in a circular motion or you will get awkward tan lines and nobody wants that!
Amanda D.
Knoxville, TN
Has anyone tried to apply this without a mitt? My friend gave me a sample she got, but it didn't come with a mitt. I'd love to see how this product works but I'm scared it will look funny!
Nena L.
I've tried many gradual tanning lotions and they either don't work or leave a funky smell. I am also afraid of turning orange with any self tanning products. How soon do you see results with this lotion (if any)? Does it have a strong scent? Any pointers on using it would be appreciated:)
Annette G.
I am a bit scared of the outcome, or maybe using it in the wrong way. How does this work? Will I start to look "tan" immediately? Or does it just give a "tan look" meaning when I shower or remove it, I will be my regular skin tone?
Morgan H.
Lubbock, TX
I just got this in my birchbox this month...anybody recommend actually buying the full size?? I don't think the sample I got is big enough to make a decision.
Summer B.
What would happen if I left this on for 24 hours before washing it off? Would it develop gloss whole 24 hours and make me incredibly dark? Does anyone put it on after their shower at night and then doesn't shaker again still the next night ?