BY VISA

Visa
  • "IT is widely accepted everywhere around the world and takes the hassle out of carrying change and cash.love that I can go anywhere and not worry...." in 78 reviews
  • "Accepted almost everywhere, great customer service, credit card protection keeps my identity safe, get money back when I use it - what's not to love?" in 53 reviews
  • "Visa is no doubt the go-to choice for anyone who doesn't like to carry cash, as it's accepted at almost any place that takes credit cards!" in 47 reviews
  • "My Debit Card in Visa and I rarely have any problems with it, if I do the company is right on top of it and they are so efficient. " in 41 reviews
  • "No proble with VISA anywhere, it is pretty much a worldwide brand that is offered by a lot of different banks and institutions. " in 27 reviews
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
This is my favorite credit card. I have no complaints. About a year after having my card, I noticed some unauthorized charges on my card, and although I didn't receive any notification, I'm always on top of those things so I didn't mind. I immediately called customer service and they went charge by charge asking me which ones I hadn't made, and solved the problem for me immediately. It was the most effortless process and was really quite pleasurable. The staff was great, helpful, and friendly. After that call, I didn't have to worry about the charges because they had taken care of it. They sent me a new card and that was that. Now, with the chip in my newest Visa, I feel very secure using this and know that if anything were to go wrong, customer service would be pleasurable to deal with. Also love that Visa is accepted everywhere I go, I never have to ask a cashier if they take Visa, it's just implied that they do and so does everyone else.
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I've never really used a debit card other than visa, so I don't have much to compare it too, but I've never had a problem/hassle paying with my visa debit card. Visa is accepted at most retailers/locations, and paying for things is always a breeze. One thing that Visa implemented recently that I don't like is a charge limit, you can only have 100 purchases a day (which usually isn't a problem for most people) but unfortunately I shop online a ton, so often companies will charge my visa anywhere from $0-1 before taking money out (to see if my card is active)and they do it multiple times, which often adds up quickly and uses up my allotted number of purchases for that day. I know it's to stop fraudulent activity, but it can still be a bit of a nuisance if you're a blogger/product reviewer and purchase a lot of things online.
Britt T.
Britt T.
Irvine, CA
If you travel internationally frequently, I strongly recommend you get the Capital One Venture Card. Not only do you get cash back but there is no foreign transaction fee when use it anywhere in the world. Customer service is excellent. If you have a good credit history with them and once in awhile pay your statement late, they will waive the late fee per your request.
A related tip, if you are planning to use your ATM card to withdraw money abroad, check with your bank to see if they have an affiliate bank outside the U.S. and make sure your pin is a numeric because alphanumeric key pads abroad are not usually available.
Piovanni R.
Piovanni R.
Burnsville, MN
I love the ease of using Visa because it accepted everywhere and when you're traveling it is easy to alert to be so that you'll be not in your general location so they can allow you to use your card multiple times as well as if they see any kind of suspicious activity you know if you're in your hometown and they're getting your getting charged at random places they do put a block on your card and then immediately call you to see if it's you who's making those purchases or whatever and if you are they left that block and it's just so secure to use my card and now that Visa has my back and protection on my purchases
Kimberly M.
Kimberly M.
Alexandria, VA
I've been using Visa since I turned 18 and have never had a problem. They're accepted around the world, and the international conversion rates are decent. When I had an unauthorized charge on my account from a merchant who charged me twice, they quickly reversed one charge and notified me that it would be left open for a specific amount of time for the merchant's response but that they believed that the refund would stand. I was prepared to send my receipt and fight it, but I appreciate this no-hassle method of dealing with things. I'd recommend them to friends and family without hesitation.
Julia L.
Julia L.
Bloomington , IL
I always travel with Visa. The first time I spent an extended amount of time in Peru, I had two different cards, both MasterCard. It was difficult enough to find stores that accepted cards, and those that took MasterCard were extremely rare outside of the tourist spots. However, now that I have a Visa through my local bank, I use it heavily here in Peru. If an establishment accepts cards, it will always accept Visa. Even if you plan to spend mostly cash during your travels, make sure your emergency card is Visa.
Sandra L.
Sandra L.
Oxnard, CA
I have over 20 Visa Cards and I have never had a problem with any of them. I personally love being able to have a card on me than carrying cash because in my opinion it's more safe. If your card gets stolen you can easily call your credit card company and report the incident and they will give you the money back. If you only carry cash and something like that were to happen than you would loose out on the cash and there's no way to trace it or get it back. Cards are convenient and are accepted everywhere.
Kristi T.
Kristi T.
Visa cards come in many forms but the ones I have from Chase are really great. I have both the Freedom and the Sapphire Preferred. They're both solid cards with pretty good rewards earning programs. I am particularly fond of the Sapphire Preferred because of its travel value: no foreign transaction fees and 20% more value when you use your points to book travel through their personal website. Traveling in Europe and the Philippines with the card proved easy and convenient where cards were accepted.
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
Ringgold, GA
Visa is such a great card to have. First off, the customer service for our card is amazing. They have a fraud detection center who will send a call if there is any suspicious activity. We had our card stolen once and didn't have to do a thing except confirm that we didn't make a transaction and they took care of it all and deposited the money back into our account right away while they investigated it. Also the fact that Visa is accepted pretty much everywhere is a huge plus! Highly recommend!
Joy J.
Joy J.
My Visa-branded cards all tend to have good rewards, and Visa is accepted basically anywhere which is nice. I also tend to get a lot of use out of the rental car damage waiver coverage and the purchase protection/warranty guarantees. Gimme perks and I'm a happy girl! (Also, gimme bacon, red wine, anything Christopher Moore has ever written, a hammock in the shade -- bonus points if all at once! -- and I'm ALSO a happy girl. Just throwing it out there....)

5 stars to Visa!
Briana E.
Briana E.
Louisville, KY
Globetrotter Expert
Where have you been where VISA is not accepted?
Tasha R.
Tasha R.
Fairfield, CA
Globetrotter Expert
Visa, MasterCard, or american express?
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Burnettsville, IN
Globetrotter Expert
How long hs everyone been using VISA
bergeline j.
bergeline j.
Kissimmee, FL
Globetrotter Expert
Can it work outsiese the u.s?
Nicole c.
Nicole c.
Can you get a picture on a Visa Debit card?