Top Questions See all 117 Q&A
- "I contacted customer service and after talking for over 2 hours, they told me that there was nothing that they could do, it was on my end." in 58 reviews
- "It was a great service for my first cell phone, but I wouldn't recommend it for someone who has the credit to get a "real" cell phone plan." in 19 reviews
- "I am not much of a talker on the phone so the 300 minutes, unlimited internet, unlimited texting for $35 is a perfect plan for me." in 14 reviews
- "When they changed their price to $35/month they also made it so you couldnt get a new phone or you would have to pay the new price." in 12 reviews
- "I've been with Virgin mobile for about 3+ years now and love the plan for the price ( I get 300 minutes, unlimited text and data for 25 bucks)." in 11 reviews
But I've been using Virgin Mobile for at least the past three years, and I am perfectly happy with them. Here's why.
1. The price. I pay about $35 per month for my service. For that, I get 300 Anytime Minutes per month. That may not seem like a lot to some people, but I don't actually talk on the phone that much. I also get UNLIMITED texting and data, which are the services I do use most often. So for me, this is an awesome deal.
2. The phones. You don't need an expensive cell phone contract to get a smartphone! Virgin Mobile is compatible with many Androids and iPhones. I have a Kyocera Rise, and I love it! My plan is no-contract so I don't get a free phone every few years, but it is worth it since I am saving so much on my monthly bill. Plus, if you go to their website, you can get web-exclusive deals on a lot of the phones! I paid about $60 for mine.
3. The service. I get great service where I live. I rarely drop calls. I can't even remember the last time I dropped a call, whereas with my old service provider I dropped calls left and right!
So if you're on a budget, or you want to avoid a contract, I would definitely recommend Virgin Mobile.
250 Talk Minutes for $3.00
750 Texts for $6.50
1GB of Data for $18.50
Monthly Line Fee of $6.98
Leaving our total for the month at $34.98 with 2 cents to carry over into the next month. Let's say in the middle of the month we realize that she needs more Texts and Talk as oppose to Data, then we go right into our customizing center on the device and switch it up. You'll see at the top whether or not you're going over the balance available.
With our current Family plan we have Unlimited everything, but no one uses their data or texts more than me. Even If we tried to ask for a plan with fewer talk, text, and data it STILL ends up costing over $200 a month for 3 lines. I mean would YOU pay that amount when you see there is a cheaper alternative?
Now, they've sent us a thing for a free month of service to try and get my business back. I was kind of excited as I've been without my phone for months now. Well, I was able to claim the month of service...but my phone still won't call or text. Trying to get it sorted out now, and if it doesn't function by tomorrow, I'll never use this service again. I wouldn't recommend Virgin Mobile to anyone.
We called customer service who then told us it was shipped late because of a holiday. We asked what holiday and get told "Halloween". In what country anywhere on earth is Halloween considered a holiday where places shut down to observe it? Rediculous. We were put on hold for over half an hour trying to get to a supervisor only to be told there wasn't one available.
Needless to say, Virgin Mobile will never get another dime from either of us.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos