BY VIRGIN #12 in Airlines

Let the plane take the strain, book your flight with Virgin Atlantic today. Meals and movies included.

• Just here for a badge .1 Answers
  • I never heard about this airline, it’s that good?! They f...1 Answers
  • I have heard so many good things about this air line is i...3 Answers
Liz P.
I’ve ended up using virgin Atlantic on the last three international trips I’ve been on. They always seem to be inexpensive, but a great value! On my last flight over 100 missed a connection, and the flight attendants were VERY liberal when giving out free drinks. The guys sitting next to me had at least four gin and tonics a piece. When I started to feel sick, the flight attendants checked on me constantly. They brought me several ginger ales, and gave me a 1.5 liter bottle of water. I love Virgin Atlantic!
Jasmina T.
Utica, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I've traveled with VA a few times internationally. I stopped using them because I dislike Heathrow Airport and they always seem to layover there. As an airline they are ok. We had one incident at Heathrow where airplane issues came about but the airport didn't handle the 9 hour wait time as well as it should have. Very little communication about delay until they finally found another plane for our flight but we had to spend our own money for food and there was no comfortable place to sit for 9 hours waiting.
Tami M.
Wesley Chapel, FL
By far my favorite airline to date. I've always wanted to fly Virgin. My first time (the irony of this statement) was for to go to London.

The process of getting on and off the plane (including dealing with employees and crew) was so smooth and easy. We had ticket problems on the return trip and the women at the counter worked together to help us. They even stayed last the end of their shift to make sure we were okay.

The flight itself was a dream. Smooth, little to no turbulence (thank the weather for that I suppose), full of things to do, and plenty of food. We were never hungry. Didn't have to wait for a crew member to check on you if you called. Very accommodating when we told them about my mother's food allergy.

I just love this airline. I'd fly them again. Everyone should fly them. Save up and go international with Virgin Atlantic. It's worth it. #FlyWithVirgin #JetSetter #Travel #Obsessed #Frequent Flyer
Kristin B.
Toluca Lake, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I love virgin America so I thought I’d love virgin Atlantic on my flight from Los Angeles to London. The price was great but the actual flight was just ok. I feel the inflight entertainment could have been better as well as the food. The seats were not as comfy as other airlines. I have flown several other airlines internationally and this one is not the top in my opinion. It’s also not the worst either.
Yasmine H.
Vancouver , BC
Virgin Atlantic has really good customer service both over the phone and in person. An example of this was when I booked my flight and realized I had accidentally chosen the incorrect return date. (This is what happens when you book a flight at 1:00 am! Sigh.) A bit panicked, I called the customer service line, and because it was literally 5 minutes after I had booked the flight, they were able to fix it for me with only a minimal change fee of 25 GBP. Small price to pay for me having the right flight! The agent was empathetic and brought my panic down, which was appreciated. The seats are a tad small, even for a smaller framed person like myself, but for a short-haul flight, it's not bothersome. I also love their in flight video with the dancers - very creative and so much more fun!
Korina M.
Arcadia , CA
My flight was from LAX to London and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. There was a little girl having an anxiety episode and the aircraft staff Hadley it very nicely and very patiently. Their rate was also very competitive and I know most international flight this long are thought but they could give passengers a little more leg room to be more comfortable in such a long flight.
milu m.
Foothill Ranch, CA
I have always traveled on virgin Atlantic and that is because they have always had great service and also their food is amazing. The interior of their planes Are all upgraded and is super spacious when it comes to seating.If I can fly 12 hours to England and then another 12 hours to Johannesburg South Africa in Virgin Atlantic then you can really say I love virgin Atlantic
Lauren B.
Sanford, FL
I traveled with Virgin Atlantic to London and injured myself while in England. I needed to fly home on an emergency flight and the customer service representative stayed on the phone with me in my Uber for the entire 40 minute ride to Gatwick airport and reduced my plane fare by $1200 from what was originally going to be over a $2000 flight since it was same day. She even upgraded me to first class so that I would be more comfortable as I injured my leg and could not walk. The service I received on the plane and in the airport getting through security and being helped in and out of a wheelchair was unbelievable service. If Virgin Atlantic was a more well known airline I would fly them everywhere. I will be using them for all future flights across the pond.
Marie B.
Omaha, NE
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Flew Virgin Atlantic from London to the Caribbean. The cabin crew were very upbeat, energetic, lively and I love their background music when you board the plane. I remember, I was a bit sick when I flew and the crew provided me with tea with lemon & honey. Plus, I was able to sleep straight throughout my entire flight. Highly recommended.
Zulaiha L.
United States
I flew virgin 9 years ago and never have I ever chosen them again. It is not that they are terrible but they could have done more to make the experience better. The seats were uncomfortable, the food was meh, and the service was okay...i had a hit and miss with few of the staff. Again, this was 9 years ago so maybe they have improved.
Brina I.
How reliable is this airline?
Sarah C.
How are staff? I've only flown Delta, but have seen awesome deals on Virgin.
Jeanette H.
Selma, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I have heard so many good things about this air line is it true?
Monica P.
Just here for a badge .
Giulliana G.
Hoboken, NJ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I never heard about this airline, it’s that good?! They fly around USA?