BY VIRGIN #9 in Airlines

Virgin America is a California-based airline that is on a mission to make flying good again, with brand new planes, attractive fares, top-notch service, and a host of fun, innovative amenities that are reinventing domestic air travel. The Virgin America experience is unlike any other in the skies, featuring mood-lit cabins with WiFi, custom-designed leather seats, power outlets, and a video touch-screen at every seatback offering guests on-demand menus and countless entertainment options.

Since launching in August 2007, Virgin America has captured a host of travel industry best-in-class awards, including: “Best Domestic Airline” in both Condé Nast Traveler’s  Reader’s Choice Awards Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards for the past eight consecutive years.

• Who else suddenly wants to join the mile high club?2 Answers
  • Do they still offer free wifi during Christmas time? 6 Answers
  • I've never flown with Virgin America. How do they compare...2 Answers
Virgin America
  • "The prices from LAX to SFO are always reasonable and the customer service and tech amenities are better than any of the other airlines! " in 30 reviews
  • "The mood lighting is great and give the flight a nice ambiance with its hues of purple and blues, the flight attendants are attentive." in 17 reviews
  • "Currently, my favorite airline and go to website for finding cheap flights to and from LA to Chicago!" in 13 reviews
  • "I like that they tried to be different with their safety video, which is a lot more entertaining than the standard safety speeches with other airlines." in 11 reviews
  • "We appreciate the great in-flight entertainment options and the general aesthetic and commitment to progress we feel the company is dedicated to." in 9 reviews
Michaela R.
Patoka, IL
My worst airline experience was from a Los Angeles to Chicago flight. The staff in Los Angeles was amazing and helped me get two over weight suitcases checked for the price of one which meant the world to me beacause I did not have $100 to pay the extra fees and would have had to leave a suitcase behind while I moved across the country. They have an excellent pet policy and my yorkie was able to sit in her soft case carrier on my lap versus the hard case under the seat like most other airline policies. I would give the Los Angeles Virgin staff 5 stars. My arrival to Chicago however was an insulting nightmare. One of my suitcases that weighed 80lbs had it's wheels broken off and a large hole ripped into it during the hustle of transporting it. When I went to collect it I couldn't budge it. When I asked if there was someone who could at least help me get it to the airports city train I was told no that they were not responsible for it and that my suitcase was probably already broken anyway. I had just bought the suitcase the day before and it was literally brand new. The attendant argued with me that it didn't look new and asked me to take everything out to see of the wheels could be fixed somehow. So I emptied 80lbs of content he looked at it then told me I couldn't just have all my stuff out like that I needed to get out of the way despite the face that he asked me to empty it and he called security to have me, my dog, a carry on and two checked suitcases that weighed nearly 150 lbs together kicked out. A mom and daughter who witnessed the entire thing came to my rescue and helped me get my stuff into the train under the condition that I promised them I would never fly Virgin again and 3 years later despite flying rougly 4 times a month for work I have not once used Virgin Airlines.
Brooke H.
Bakersfield, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This is, hands down, the best airline I've ever flown with. The amount of space you're given is significantly larger than any other Airline in coach, and the service is just incredible. I fly every couple months, and my flights tend to be fairly lengthy. Particularly flying out of LAX, you're not just treated like a number or another passenger. This is the first Airline where I think I've actually felt like they cared about me and wanted to make sure that everything was okay. I've also flown this airline when my daughter was a baby, and they were very attentive to our needs. The snacks are awesome, and the in-flight entertainment is great. You may pay a little extra, but they have really great deals every once in awhile. And if you ask me, the extra price is worth it anyway.
Majel R.
Lancaster, CA
I hate to give a review on one experience, but here it goes.  I flew from Florida to California after a 3 week cruise.  I paid extra for a larger seat
( business area)  I had to pay extra for my luggage, but really wanted the larger seat area, tv, etc to have during my long flight.  The seat was in fact larger, but the tv never worked.  I asked for help and they kept telling me they needed to reset it.  They reset it every hour for the whole flight.  This flight was not nearly full.  There were lots of seats in my area as well that were empty.  They never offered to move me.  Never really wanted to help
The seat I purchased was supposed to have on screen ordering of food and drink before the rest of the plane and even before take off.  We left very early and I also wanted this for the convenience of eating breakfast  I did not get this service.  In fact was ignored until most of the plane had been helped.  I would not recommend this airline to anyone unless you get the cheapest seats and don't expect anything special.  I just feel that if you pay for the experience and luxury, you should get it.  Our travel friends got first class and the same thing for them.  Plus the seats were broke and wouldn't go back, so they paid for a bed and got an upright chair! Very bad business and customer service
Kelly M.
Celebration, FL
Only flew them once on a round trip to LA from Orlando, and was generally thrilled with the experience. Feel it’s a little pricey and only flew them once due to the deal I got, but would fly them again if I came across a deal like that again. The only downside was you have to pay for snacks. I didn’t know that going in, and hadn’t eaten right before my flight. By the time I got into LA, I was ready to gnaw my own arm off, but beyond that, I can’t complain about the experience. Flight times are a little inconvenient as they only do one trip a day from LA to Orlando and back, but otherwise would consider them for other trips.
Victoria K.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I just recently flew Virgin America for the first time from LAX to Orlando International. Getting my boarding pass was an issue the day before, but through social media my problem was resolved fairly quickly. Their customer service is great, I love the ability to have access to many movies and TV choices. Wifi is definitely not free outside of messaging apps, seats were decent, and ordering and receiving food was through the touch screen. Staff were friendly and we made our arrival times. Once they figure out how to loop in my Alaska Airlines mileage, I'll definitely fly them again!
Teresita G.
San Jose
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I really like this airline because of the mini television option it has versus other airlines that don’t. Over all they ride is comfortable and is equipped with a remote and mini screen to help your free time pass by . This feature is equipped with games , movies, music, tv and it has a map so you could see where your currently located and how much more you have to go ! I really enjoy this feature in planes because some plane rides can be very boring with nothing to do, especially if your unprepared ! Virgin America
Nicole K.
San jose, CA
I paid extra to board first and ended up being boarded last. On my flight to Miami from San Jose, my seat was broken and didn’t recline. When I told the attendant they just said they were a full flight. They didn’t try to accommodate or ask if there was anything else I could do. I paid premium for that seat & boarding pass and all I wanted to do was sleep on the flight. Yet I was so uncomfortable the entire time. I will not be flying virgin again.
Loke D.
I first used this airline when I was in elementary school and they first started. The inside of the airplane had purple lighting. On every seat there was a pillow and a blanket which was very hospitable. On the back of every seat, there was screens like tablets. One downside to this airline is that they don’t travel long distances. I used this airline to travel an hour flight, so it was a good flight.
Shantel T.
Las Vegas , NV
I would describe Virgin America as a party bus in the sky. The planes are so modernized and have so many things that you can enjoy while your trying to get to your destination. I love the TVs but also how you have a keyboard you can control to text other passengers and send messages . The plane also has mood lighting the lights change colors and you can listen to music or watch music videos. The seats are all leather so it gives it a hip look. You feel like you're in first class even if you are not. The alcoholic drinks they serve make you feel like you are at a bar on a plane. I don't think any other air line is as cool as Virgin America. Their prices are affordable too. You will definitely get a relaxing flight and get a super fast check in with their kiosks. The flight attendants have super cute outfits and most of them look like models.
Tatyana A.
Arlington , TX
Amazing airline to fly with they have amazing food and lots of ways to keep you entertained during fly. The staff is always nice. Out of all of the airlines I’ve flown with this is by far my favorite. I’ve never had any issues with them and they just overall actually make it seem like they want you there on board with them. They also have amazing sales so they are my go to when I travel.
Krishna M.
San Francisco, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Ive heard great things from Virgin. Is customer service good?
Violet T.
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone use onboard chat??
Leanne B.
Windermere, FL
Does Virgin America offer free alcohol like Virgin Atlantic does?
Nicole C.
Mullins, SC
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I've never flown Virgin Airlines… Are they as impossibly cool as they look on television?
Geo K.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
How is this airline compared to Jet Blue??