BY VIRGIN #11 in Airlines

Virgin America is a California-based airline that is on a mission to make flying good again, with brand new planes, attractive fares, top-notch service, and a host of fun, innovative amenities that are reinventing domestic air travel. The Virgin America experience is unlike any other in the skies, featuring mood-lit cabins with WiFi, custom-designed leather seats, power outlets, and a video touch-screen at every seatback offering guests on-demand menus and countless entertainment options.

Since launching in August 2007, Virgin America has captured a host of travel industry best-in-class awards, including: “Best Domestic Airline” in both Condé Nast Traveler’s  Reader’s Choice Awards Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards for the past eight consecutive years.

• Who else suddenly wants to join the mile high club?2 Answers
  • Do they still offer free wifi during Christmas time? 6 Answers
  • I've never flown with Virgin America. How do they compare to Unit...2 Answers
Virgin America
  • "The prices from LAX to SFO are always reasonable and the customer service and tech amenities are better than any of the other airlines! " in 30 reviews
  • "The mood lighting is great and give the flight a nice ambiance with its hues of purple and blues, the flight attendants are attentive." in 17 reviews
  • "Currently, my favorite airline and go to website for finding cheap flights to and from LA to Chicago!" in 13 reviews
  • "I like that they tried to be different with their safety video, which is a lot more entertaining than the standard safety speeches with other airlines." in 11 reviews
  • "We appreciate the great in-flight entertainment options and the general aesthetic and commitment to progress we feel the company is dedicated to." in 9 reviews
Jen O.
I'm going on Facebook to be with a friend and I just want you a little better now and I'll text your friends to your family friends with you guys I know I love them all I can see but you can always tell them that you have a better chance of me than to be with me when I get back on you and you can come over to my god I want to know what I did and what I did wrong I had a really bad feeling that you had a really good day and then I'm just thinking you were just going on the wrong side and I thought maybe we could be friends but I didn't want to know what I was going on Facebook and Facebook but I'm so glad you can come over to my Facebook and Facebook friends with me and family and friends with my friends Facebook Facebook friends Facebook or friends or family friends with friends and Facebook Facebook and friends with my friends and Facebook friends and friends Facebook friends with friends and family friends and friends Facebook friends
Gabrielle B.
I recently took a flight from Los Angeles to Chicago and used Virgin America. Firstly, the flight was quite affordable, about $130. Secondly, the plane looked very new, and clean, and had a creative interior that boasted different colored lights (pink lights on a plane?!). What I really enjoyed was the way in which they presented their airline safety monologue- which is usually quite boring, and something I attempt to sleep through. However, Virgin America has created a full-out music video to demonstrate how to be safe on the plane in case of an emergency. On my flight, I sat next to a psychotic person who was cursing and causing raucous on the plane, and the flight attendants handled her with gentle kindness to diffuse her poor behavior. I enjoyed my flight with Virgin and based on this experience, I would consider flying the friendly skies with Virgin again.
Neysa S.
I flew nonstop from PHL (when virgin was flying from there) to SFO. Hands down best airline and best experience. The woman at the check in was relaxed and joyful and eased my mother in laws tensions about being late and having luggage that was a pound overweight. The woman was unphased by the 51 lb bag whereas other airlines would have not hesitated to charge you an exorbitant fee. You can tell by the customer service and general attitudes of the Virgin employees vs. other airlines employees that Virgin must take care of them. Once we got on the plane, the pleasant employees continued. The plane had wonderful purple ambient lighting and adequate legroom which made for an incredibly comfortable flight. I always look to see if there is a Virgin flight available before I purchase tickets.
Sarah P.
I'm a huge fan of Virgin America. The entire experience is so different from other airlines, from the moment I check-in for my flight to the moment I land. I love the music they play and how lively the attendants are. With other airlines, I feel as though I'm an annoyance to the flight attendants and crew. With Virgin America, I always feel welcomed as though I was invited to a party they're hosting. Special shout out to Virgin's classic safety video in a form of a music video! I've seen other airlines try to do something similar...not the same. Virgin just gets me and my generation.
Celina R.
Canyon Cntry, CA
Traveled on Virgin Australia about 3 years ago and I would totally use them again. I've flown domestically and internationally. I was so comfortable on the 13 hour flight from LA to Sydney Australia. The flight attendants were so attentive, they knew my sister did it eat eggs for breakfast made sure she had extra fruit or muffin. They went out of their way to keep us comfortable. We watched movies the whole time. Thank for we didn't have to pay for the movies sometimes you get charged for everything, and we just relaxed on the way there! It was a great flight I loved it.
Viona C.
Flushing, NY
I love Virgin America! First of all, most of the planes are super new right now and it offers pretty great comfort! I love the screens that they have in front of you on the seats. There's a lot of games you can play, a chatroom to talk in and a ton of movies and entertainment. I feel like with Virgin America, you'll never get bored. The cheesy safety song/skit that they play for you is pretty cute. Definitely grabs your attention. I love the lights on the plane as well. Some people may find it distracting but it definitely gives it a cooler effect than any other planes!
Karissa S.
I've been on many airplanes in my lifetime and I'm only 18. I can without a doubt say that Virgin America is the best airline to travel on. The seats aren't uncomfortable and you have your own personal TV which you can order drinks & food, watch movies, and live tv. Also can't forget the safety/ precautions video 😜 Everything about Virgin America is just great. I have not one bad thing to say!

TIP: if your super thirsty and waiting for the free drinks to be passed out by the stewardess, you can skip the wait and order your drink on the TV and be among the first served.
Brittni F.
Flew on Virgin for my 4 year olds first flight. Great seats and easy boarding. Ordering drinks were easy but they were never delivered. It was a short 1 hour flight so I wasn't too concerned about getting her her juice. Also I called in advance to see if I would have to check my daughters car seat and they stated I would, when I was boarding there were plenty of car seats and large strollers that were being carried on. So I was upset I had to pay a $50 (round trip) to check it.
Matt V.
Saratoga, CA
Flying with Virgin is just a fun experience. The airline is hip and modern, with neon lights in purples and blues.

They dispense with the overdone, and replace it with fun and hip twists. The safety talk at the beginning of the flight isn't a talk at all; instead, they have a video with choreographed song and dance to put a smile on your face right as you begin your flight.

Too much fun, and I've had many good vacations that started with Virgin Airlines. Kudos.
Renee K.
Vacaville, CA
Virgin America is probably one of my favorite airlines. I usually travel with them 1-3x a year and always a good experience. Only one time have we had flight delay issues due to rain/weather conditions. It was very upsetting at the time but in the end there were no complications. Kind of wished they comped us for the hours wasted or at least had my flight a priority over those that came after but I still wouldn't mind flying with them again.
Krishna M.
San Francisco, CA
Globetrotter Expert
Ive heard great things from Virgin. Is customer service good?
Violet T.
Los Angeles , CA
Does anyone use onboard chat??
Leanne B.
Windermere, FL
Does Virgin America offer free alcohol like Virgin Atlantic does?
Nicole C.
Mullins, SC
Globetrotter Expert
I've never flown Virgin Airlines… Are they as impossibly cool as they look on television?
Geo K.
Globetrotter Expert
How is this airline compared to Jet Blue??