Virgin America

by Virgin

#10 in Airlines

Virgin America is a California-based airline that is on a mission to make flying good again, with brand new planes, attractive fares, top-notch service, and a host of fun, innovative amenities that are reinventing domestic air travel. The Virgin America experience is unlike any other in the skies, featuring mood-lit cabins with WiFi, custom-designed leather seats, power outlets, and a video touch-screen at every seatback offering guests on-demand menus and countless entertainment options.

Since launching in August 2007, Virgin America has captured a host of travel industry best-in-class awards, including: “Best Domestic Airline” in both Condé Nast Traveler’s  Reader’s Choice Awards Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards for the past eight consecutive years.

How often do you fly virgin America
I've never flown with Virgin America. How do they compare to United Airlines?
Do they just fly west coast to east coast?
Start your review of Virgin America!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
The prices from LAX to SFO are always reasonable and the customer service and tech amenities are better than any of the other airlines! in 30 reviews
The mood lighting is great and give the flight a nice ambiance with its hues of purple and blues, the flight attendants are attentive.in 17 reviews
Currently, my favorite airline and go to website for finding cheap flights to and from LA to Chicago!in 13 reviews
I like that they tried to be different with their safety video, which is a lot more entertaining than the standard safety speeches with other airlines.in 11 reviews
Where else can you get individual tvs with a full range of free Sirius xm radio and tv channels, and the ability to chat your buddy 2 rows back via seat to seat messaging, funny and quick witted airline staff, and of course- MOOD LIGHTING?!in 9 reviews
4 days agoMesquite
Virgin is the absolute best airline I have ever flown. I was able to get very reasonably priced tickets just a week before my trip, and the experience was exceptional. All the small things make the biggest differences. The spacious seats, the beautiful lighting, even the safety videos they displayed at every seat before the flight with a song that was stuck in my head for hours. Any chance I get to fly Virgin, that will definitely be my top choice.
6 days agoBronx, NY
By far the best experience I've had. I did upgrade to their version of business class. I had priority boarding. The minute you board you have a great ambiance. The cabin is lit with violet lights so you already feel like you are on vacation. The seats are comfortable. You can order many items off the menu and do not have to wait for when the flight attendants come down the aisle. The movies were free and drinks. My favorite airline!
a month agoLos Angeles
Virgin America is actually my favorite airline. The planes are really nice and updated (which makes me feel safe), the seats all generally have TVs which make flights so much easier and the snacks are good. Although I’ve never had any issues with them to be able to speak on how they handle that they seem like a very reputable airline.
7 days agoAnaheim, CA
I enjoyed flying on this airline!  The staff were very attentive to the customer needs.  I've always enjoyed my experience so I don't really have much to share about this. I like the colorful lights, but I'm sure not everyone does.  I am overall satisfied with this airline!
7 days agoRichardson, TX
My first experience flying on this airline was a great one. I loved the cool colors and lighting they use inside the planes. I also love the way you can preorder your drinks and food on the screen provided in front of each seat. The service was great and I would definitely fly with them again.
an hour agoAustin
I love flying with Virgin America, though I haven’t done so in many years. When I was flying with them, they had the latest technology and bigger leg room. If you could catch a sale, their prices were comparable if not better than other airlines with less desirable accommodations.
2 days agoWashington, DC
Virgin America is probably the best domestic airline I've experienced! You can order anything you like straight from the monitor on your seat and a flight attendant will bring it to you immediately. Free entertainment and beautiful planes. I just wish they flew to more cities.
2 months agoFayetteville
I’ve love them for more than 10 years. I was a little worried when they were acquired, but we honestly haven’t noticed any change in their approach. In fact, we had a direct flight booked through Alaska, but missed our flight while waiting in line to check our bags (the 45 minute cutoff for checked luggage was up about a minute before it was our turn to check in). They rebooked us for a red eye that wasn’t direct, charged fees and didn’t honor the upgraded seats from our previous reservation—claiming the premium seats were full. We were so sad about this, but the connecting flight was with Virgin. When I explained at the gate what had happened they more than made up for it. There were plenty of premium seats available and they were so happy to upgrade us with no additional fees. We were so grateful!
a month agoLos Angeles, CA
I really enjoyed Virgin Airlines (especially their snazzy credit card!!) but I’m so sad that they were bought out! I haven’t flown with them since but I will say that their airline safety video by Todrick Hall is the first one I’ve watched in a longggg time :)
a month agoAlbany, CA
I flew virgin America as much as I can before the merge with alaska airlines. Cool planes, good entertainment system, not stingy with the drinks, etc. my flights were mostly on time and it’s been hassle free more times compared to other airlines I’ve flown.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...