Virbac CET Hextra Chews Dog Treat (30 Count) uploaded by DeAnna H.Virbac CET Hextra Chews Dog Treat (30 Count) uploaded by Candy C.

BY VIRBAC

Clinically Proven Helps Remove Plaque Reduce Tartar 2 Persistent Action 3 Coated with Chlorhexidine Gluconate C.E.T. HEXtra Premium Chews for Dogs are clinically proven to reduce calculus when used daily in dogs. Provides a well-known antiseptic effect and helps remove plaque and reduce tartar. Chews are coated with exclusive patented 10% solution of chlorhexidine gluconate. Contains beef hide for natural abrasive cleansing action. Helps keep teeth clean and breath fresh, even on days when brushing isnt possible. Chlorhexidine is released into the oral cavity during chewing and may be released for up to 24 hours, providing sustained antimicrobial action. Guaranteed Analysis: br Crude Protein. min 5% br Crude Fat. min 5% br Crude Fiber. max 15% br Moisture. max 7% see more...

Kristen B.
My dog loves her "CHEWY" She gets one ever day after dinner and will stand in the kitchen staring at us until she gets one. It was horrible when the Hextra was not being produced while Virbac was being investigated. The Hextra versus the regular does make a difference in her teeth. She just like to try to swallow a larger piece at the end but she has never choked. I could see it being a problem for some dogs though. This is not gong to solve dental disease but it is great to include as part of your preventative program.
DeAnna H.
Hulbert , OK
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have a 9 year old Husky that has horrible gum disease and can have pretty bad teeth. These chews help prevent and maintain the plaque build up on this teeth in between dental cleanings. I give him one a day-every other day, these really do help a tremendous amount! He's a very picky eater and loves the taste of these!
Brittany B.
Baker, MT
These are great and my dogs love them. The only down fall is that even with the largest version you can purchase they still pose a choking hazard for my dog who decides to swallow them whole!
Amanda S.
Los Angeles, CA
I have an older (almost 13 yo) beagle girl who is inevitably having harder times with chewing on standard bones. Since she's an aggressive chewer, eats disgusting things off the street (urban major city) and older I am always concerned about her dental health. Purchased these with this in mind. Do I think they help significantly with build up? No. Maybe some. But they also aren't going to break her teeth and they are somewhat affordable. I really like the texture of these as they almost absorb and shrink (almost TOO quickly I might add - these only last her about 15 minutes) rather than her having to bite down. They do smell weird, but they're also dog treats and I found the smell to be harmless. Overall, 4 stars for affordability, availability, helping her boredom and soft on teeth and if they are by some chance boosting dental health then that's just a bonus! Definitely worth a try.
Angela K.
Manassas, VA
My dog absolutely loves these! He's REALLY picky about bones and rawhide and will not eat many of them. At first, I got the medium size bag for medium dogs, but my dog seems to like the smaller ones because he gets through them quicker. He has a short attention spam so he likes to get through things and then move on. If your dog's the same way, I would get the bag that's a size smaller than whys preferred.
Kathryn W.
When I was a veterinary technician we always recommended these chews to dog owners - we even gave these as rewards or distractions during appointments. Dogs seem to go bonkers over them and they're better than your average chew due to the chlorahexadene that helps cleans their teeth. A great addition to your dogs dental routine!
Brittany F.
North Canton, OH
These bones really work! I have 3 greyhounds and they are prone to bad teeth. Our rescue shelter recommended these and they have really helped! It takes awhile for our dogs to chew threw them so I feel like they are really cleaning. Highly recommended!
Kalisha B.
beattyville ky
I have a Saint Bernard and Great Pyrenees mix. He is only about 7 months old and I got these treats to help train him. He loves them and is always so happy when we start to do our training.
Steph B.
My dog loves the original Virbac treats
For his teeth, but did it like this item. He is a Chorkie and is about 10 lbs. I thought this was a very expensive treat for something he didn't even like. I would not buy it again.
Kady E.
My dog loves these! As soon as I give him one he goes to town on it. Then he will spend days or even up to a week or two on just one of these. So they really do last!
Amanda S.
Are these ok for a dog with digestive issues?
Kerissa B.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Do you all think these are good for a dog with a history of pancreatitis?
Carrie L.
Rincon, GA
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Do your dogs like these? Mine is picky!