Violight Zappi Wobbles  uploaded by ShannonViolight Zappi Wobbles  uploaded by ShannonViolight Zappi Wobbles  uploaded by Gladys A.

BY VIOLIGHT

• Will this work for my replacement head for my soniccare tooth brush?1 Answers
  • Are these intended for travel or for in-home use?1 Answers
  • What exactly is this? How much is it?1 Answers
Gladys A.
After a recent epidemic of Strep I purchased this toothbrush sanitizer for my family to use. By using ultra-violet light, Violight Zapi promises to kill 99.9 percent of germs on your toothbrushes. You put your toothbrush into the unit and after 6 minutes you have a clean toothbrush that you aren't afraid to put in your mouth. I do have to say that the smell that your newly-sanitized brush now has is weird. Sort of like an ozone smell. It freaked my daughter out, but I told her she wasn't supposed to smell her toothbrush, just load it up with toothpaste and brush her teeth. It leaves no taste on your brush and the smell actually helps convince me that the brushes really are now clean. I hope that it helps prevent us from spreading germs to one another and it sure saves buying a new brush each time someone has a cold. The price was about $30, which I felt was reasonable for what it does in the overall health of my family. We share a 'family toothbrush cup' so it makes sense for us to use this product.
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
Only gripe is that the UV light shines through an unprotected path and in theory could damage your own body's cells (skin, vision, mostly). UV cleaners that close around the toothbrush entirely seem to have a filtered window. However, I'm using it for a kind of electric toothbrush where the heads don't fit in those kinds so this was the best option on the market without buying a new toothbrushing system.
Kat N.
Fort Worth, TX
I got my Violight Zapi UV Toothbrush Sanitizer in pink about 6 months ago on Groupon for $18.06 and it has worked great! When I travel I bring it with me so I can sanitize my tooth brush while I travel. It is completely portable.

Here are some of the great features of the product:

-Kills 99.99% of germs, including H1N1, E. coli, staph, salmonella, and listeria
-Sanitizes in six minutes
-Works with any toothbrush or communal twig and most small electric heads
-Battery operated
-Automatic shutoff
Dalynn M.
Valley Mills, TX
I'm all about protecting ourselves from germs, and at first I was thinking how cute a little thing this is! And it's a toothbrush cover - very adorable!

But to be perfectly honest, even with some supposed violight germ killing bulb, there's no way I'd spend $35 for a toothbrush cover.

Seriously. Just buy a new one every 3 months like you're supposed to do anyway. How many years would you need to use this in order for it to be worth the extra toothbrushes?

No, thanks. Not for my money!
Jessica W.
Ely, NV
My husband and I got these to help keep our toothbrushes clean. They seem to work great, but the one major drawback is they are difficult to clean. We were actually unable to disassemble it to get the "gunk" out that had come off of our toothbrush. Now we just have a bunch of back up toothbrushes that we bought on sale and with coupons. I wish Violight would make a device that could be easily dissassembled and cleaned out.
Caitlin T.
Macungie, PA
These are great, but there are a few things I don't like about mine. I have an electric toothbrush, so it doesn't stand upright like a regular toothbrush. They really need to make one that just attaches to the top of an electric toothbrush. The bottom of the space where you insert your toothbrush also tends to get dirty from water dripping off the bristles, and it cannot be disassembled easily to clean.
Connie W.
San Francisco, CA
As someone who is a clean freak, I thought this would be the perfect addition to my bathroom. I was wrong. Like most people have said, it's impossible to keep this thing clean. The water from your toothbrush will collect at the bottom.. leaving a layer of mildew and gunk. It also leaves your toothbrush smelling funky.

The only redeeming factor - the ninja is super cute.
Jacy C.
Portland, OR
You feel ahead of the game because you're cleaning your toothbrush, but.. Honestly how do we know 99.99% of germs are removed? How do you know 0.00000015% of germs are removed? This could probably just be a placebo. I'll still use mine, but I got it as a Christmas present last year (trying tell me something Mom?), but it's kind of an expensive extra.
Caitlin H.
Rumford, RI
I was honestly really surprised to see this on Influenster just because I've had mine for ages.

I'm all about keeping my toothbrush clean but it's honestly cheaper per year just to replace your toothbrush instead of constantly cleaning it.

Save your time and money, unless you can find this on sale.
Dominique A.
North Bay Vlg, FL
My tooth brush smells like wet dog when it's finished "sanitizing." Perhaps this is an extra clean toothbrush smell I am not use to. I assume this product does the trick, but can't test it to be certain. I would rather take the 4 minutes to sanitize the brush and hope for the best, than nothing at all.
Kristen C.
Erving, MA
I like the concept, but is it actually worth the price?
Carolanne B.
Cambridge
How do you know if it truly works at killing germs??
Alisha B.
Saint paul, MN
I really want one of these, where can I find them? And do they work on all kinds of toothbrushes?
Joyce W.
Brooklyn, NY
This is a good idea, but how does it work
Thomas G.
Denton, TX
Are these intended for travel or for in-home use?