BY VICKS #4 in Humidifiers

Model V745A Produces Pure, Bacteria-free Vapor At Least 12 Hours Per Filling Quiet Operation - 2 Comfort Settings Night Light Automatic Shut-Off Medicine Cup for Use with Kaz Inhalant or Vicks® Vaposteam® Easy to Fill - Easy to Clean Water is one nutrient that all forms of life must have to survive. All functions of your body require sufficient moisture to work properly. When your body does not have sufficient moisture, it functions poorly. Dry, arid climatic conditions are usually the culprit. Colds and flu can further cause dehydration. Colds and flu begin making their seasonal rounds during fall and winter. Part of the reason for increased respiratory illnesses during this time is because the humidity level in the air reaches its yearly lows. Central heating units in homes and offices further remove moisture from the air. The relative humidity may drop to as low see more...

Erica G.
I bought this for my boyfriend who gets very congested during the cold months. I decided to purchase it and he has loved it! He started using it nightly and when he actually felt extra congested he would add in the vicks pads and those seemed to really help. It also help to cut down on snoring while using it. Great product!
Casey S.
We purchased this 2 weeks ago because my nose has been super dry, it felt like gravel inside and would bleed. Since we started using this at night it's SO much better. My nose is still a little dry, but no more bleeding and it's definitely doesn't feel like gravel anymore. We also put a small amount of Vicks vapor rub or essential oils in the little cup on top. The scent is very relaxing. I love the little Vicks pads it came with though and will be buying more.
Abbigail F.
Sacramento, CA
This is a great product. I use this for my one year old most night especially during the fall because she has such bad allergies making it difficult for her to breathe through her nose. This also helps my allergies as well. I haven't used the vicks inserts yet so I am not to sure how effective those are but the warm mist alone is amazing!. The con is the water attachment can get a little lose it still works it just seems like it lose and doesn't fit or something is wrong and I have a bit of an OCD so it bothers me on a personal level. if you fill up the tank and have it on full blast it will last about 10 hours, so perfect for over night use. Well worth the money. I use it almost every night for almost 2 years and it is still in great working condition.
Rachelle S.
Philadelphia, PA
This is such a good humidifier. It goes for hours and is perfect during the super-dry winter. I use it constantly. It's a little gross to clean if you don't keep up with it, but with my experience, all humidifiers are. I love it so much!
Kristen K.
This is a good humidifier for the price but cleaning it can be difficult. Some of the parts I want to clean don't come out. Also I wouldn't use it for a large room, the room I use it for is only 11x11 or so.
Sara R.
I bought this a few years ago when we had a super dry winter. It says it works for a large room...but typically they exaggerate. So anyhow... I put it on high in my bedroom the same night I got it. Lets just say my room was more like a sauna the next morning. Sweat was running down my window! So anyway, this little thing is very powerful and really can work in a large room! I love that it has the little cup for Vicks liquid! That stuff works wonders when you have a cold. The only downfall is that it has to be cleaned OFTEN! If you don't clean it at least weekly, scale starts to build up thick on the inside. It starts making a loud noise and I'm assuming would eventually break down if it isn't cleaned right away. There is a liquid that you can put right in the water that helps eliminate scale but it still needs to be cleaned as it doesn't completely keep it clean.
Kim U.
Orlando, FL
This humidifier works great. It it a bit hard to clean tho.
Darlene R.
My husband has asthma that is especially bad in winter due to the cold, dry air. We ruin this on low all night with the bedroom door shut and it has really cut down on his symptoms at night so he's able to sleep soundly. The only thing is that you really should use distilled water because tap water will create deposits and it can start to smell weird.
Roxanne S.
Hawaiian Gdns, CA
I was born with asthma well i think. Vicks products saved my life so many times. I would go to the emergency room if I didn't have it with my inhaler as well. It really recommended from me personally for people who have asthma. It opens the lung airways and helps with the tension.
Kailey G.
Kingsley, MI
I use my humidifier every night. If I forget to turn it on I wake up with a dry sore throat. I absolutely love this humidifier. One tank of water will last several nights and even with a large room I still only need to use the lowest setting. Great product with a great price. I've had mine for over a yr and it still works like the day I got it.
Christine M.
Does anyone know the right way to clean this? I live where the water has a lot of deposits and I tried cleaning it with vinegar but it didn't work. Any suggestions?
Kasey G.
Meridian, MS
Has this product helped your baby's stuffy nose?
Crystal G.
Mega Parent Expert
Is this any good? (:
Melissa M.
canton, TX
Mega Parent Expert
I have a question about this product. I'm wondering do you have to use the vicks jar or something else? Does this turn off and on when it's ready to release the mist?
Jasmine A.
Irving, TX
I have a 3 month old who has congestion. How exactly will this humidifier help?