BY VICKS #5 in Humidifiers

Model V745A Produces Pure, Bacteria-free Vapor At Least 12 Hours Per Filling Quiet Operation - 2 Comfort Settings Night Light Automatic Shut-Off Medicine Cup for Use with Kaz Inhalant or Vicks® Vaposteam® Easy to Fill - Easy to Clean Water is one nutrient that all forms of life must have to survive. All functions of your body require sufficient moisture to work properly. When your body does not have sufficient moisture, it functions poorly. Dry, arid climatic conditions are usually the culprit. Colds and flu can further cause dehydration. Colds and flu begin making their seasonal rounds during fall and winter. Part of the reason for increased respiratory illnesses during this time is because the humidity level in the air reaches its yearly lows. Central heating units in homes and offices further remove moisture from the air. The relative humidity may drop to as low see more...

Casey S.
We purchased this 2 weeks ago because my nose has been super dry, it felt like gravel inside and would bleed. Since we started using this at night it's SO much better. My nose is still a little dry, but no more bleeding and it's definitely doesn't feel like gravel anymore. We also put a small amount of Vicks vapor rub or essential oils in the little cup on top. The scent is very relaxing. I love the little Vicks pads it came with though and will be buying more.
Alana M.
Oceanside, CA
I live in dry Montana, and I run this just about year round, but especially in the winter. It is hard to clean, I also have very dry water and because the cleaning element is hard to reach, it never really gets clean. But I love the product, it automatically shuts off when it runs out of water, and it has a spot that you can put essential oils to diffuse into the warm air. It's intended for use with their product, and I bet using essential oils voids any warranty, but it's so much more convenient to use 100% natural eucalyptus oil when you are sick.
Brooke C.
Port Angeles, WA
Affordable and has two settings, so you can have it a lighter mist or a stronger mist...perfect for if you are sick or just want a constant humidity during sleeping. Love you can add the vicks tabs, as they really help when you aren't feeling well. It's not too heavy or too loud, but has a nice sound for those who need some type of sound at night.
Katie L.
I am absolutely in love with this humidifier. I just recently bought the liquid to put in the top cup, and it is beyond amazing. My throat was a little sore earlier today. I got home, started up my humidifier, and it instantly feels better! The Vicks smell is so calming as well!
Maren S.
El Paso, TX
It's a great product, specially if you have a very dry air in your home. I got two in my home. Since my kids and I have very dry noses and suffer from bad allergies too. We have it on a lot in winter , with the Vicks liquid and it relifes us a lot from the cold and stuffy noses too 😉😉
Alisha C.
Lebanon, OR
This thing PUTS OUT! If you really want to hot box your room and relieve all night coughing this is the one for you. I personally don't care for the cool mist humidifiers, they just don't have the output to relieve a nasty cough like this puppy does.
Darlene R.
My husband has asthma that is especially bad in winter due to the cold, dry air. We ruin this on low all night with the bedroom door shut and it has really cut down on his symptoms at night so he's able to sleep soundly. The only thing is that you really should use distilled water because tap water will create deposits and it can start to smell weird.
Kailey G.
Kingsley, MI
I use my humidifier every night. If I forget to turn it on I wake up with a dry sore throat. I absolutely love this humidifier. One tank of water will last several nights and even with a large room I still only need to use the lowest setting. Great product with a great price. I've had mine for over a yr and it still works like the day I got it.
Amber K.
N Huntingdon, PA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I love this humidifier. It works well and it's a must have in the dry winter moths. It helps us breathe at night. It's also great if you have a cold or sniffles because you can add one if the Vicks medicated pads to get some relief.
Erica G.
I bought this for my boyfriend who gets very congested during the cold months. I decided to purchase it and he has loved it! He started using it nightly and when he actually felt extra congested he would add in the vicks pads and those seemed to really help. It also help to cut down on snoring while using it. Great product!
Christine M.
Does anyone know the right way to clean this? I live where the water has a lot of deposits and I tried cleaning it with vinegar but it didn't work. Any suggestions?
Kasey G.
Meridian, MS
Has this product helped your baby's stuffy nose?
Crystal G.
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Is this any good? (:
Melissa M.
canton, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I have a question about this product. I'm wondering do you have to use the vicks jar or something else? Does this turn off and on when it's ready to release the mist?
Jasmine A.
Irving, TX
I have a 3 month old who has congestion. How exactly will this humidifier help?