Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant
Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant—the #1-selling branded children’s cough cold product* appropriate for ages two and up—is a topical cough medicine with medicated vapors. It starts working quickly for adults as well to relieve cough symptoms.
• On chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold
• On muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints
Active Ingredients (Purpose)
Camphor (synthetic) 4.8% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)
Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant)
Menthol 2.6% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)
Regular: cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil
See important warnings under "When using this product."
Adults and children 2 years and over:
• For cough suppression
• Rub a thick layer on throat and chest
• Cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
• Keep clothing loose about throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth
• Use up to three times daily or as directed by doctor
For muscle / joint minor aches and pains:
• Apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
Children under 2 years: do not usesee more...
Top Questions See all 257 Q&A
Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant
- "A spoonful in boiling water in a bowl works wonders on a stuffy nose." in 11 reviews
- "Whenever I smell it, I am reminded of being a little kid having a stuffy nose, having my Snoopy thermos by the bed with chicken noodle soup in it and having my mom or dad rub this stuff all over me." in 9 reviews
- "From my own childhood, to now being a mother of 2 boys, this is a staple in our medicine cabinet." in 6 reviews
- "here is a trick for you readers, when sick with a cold put this under both your feet and put socks on afterward it will help you sleep all night." in 5 reviews
- "It did a decent job at clearing up my nasal passages, however, it ended up irritating the area I rubbed it on and also made my sinuses burn! " in 5 reviews
must have! higher priced than some vapor rubs but this stuff is powerful! it’s strong and keeps the vapors long that help open up from mucus. i highly recommend for anyone when they’re sick or coughing or from allergies.
Purchased at: Walgreens
Growing up in a Puerto Rican home I grew accustomed to certain at home remedies. One of which would be to place Vick’s Vapor-rub on your chest, underneath your nose and on your feet with some socks, to avoid the spread of any germs as well as to help you breath at night. It’s a trusted brand and I love it.
Vick’s is a life saver! Can’t breathe? Vick’s on the chest. Coughing? Vick’s on feet with socks over it. Nose stuffed? Vick’s under the nose. Vick’s fixes all. It isn’t expensive and lasts forever! It is a necessity in my house.
This stop has been a lifesaver since I was little I always remember my grandma putting it on my chest and on my back and sometimes under my nose to help with a cold, sinus infection, or whatever I may have had. I also like to put a spoonful in my wax burner and it helps with the stuffy nose overnight. This message has also help when I noticed that my dog seem to have a stuffy nose.also just love the smell of this.
We have been using the Vick’s vaporub topical cough suppressant for a loooong time! It is a staple that we keep around here just for those tough sick days. There is nothing easier then to rub this on yourself or your loved ones to provide such big relief. And it just works the best. Trusted and true.
This is currently my best friend as I am very sick. It helps me suppress my coughing fits and definitely definitely works wonders! I bring it with me all the time and rub it all over my neck. I use it whenever my coughs come back... that's when I know it has rubbed off my neck. I recommend it to my friends and family all the time.
Q & A
Has anyone used it on the palms of your feet at night for a cough? Is that just an old wives tale?
Has anyone used this to treat their acne?
Put some in a wax heat lamp and it filters the air.
Can this really cause pneumonia?
I've heard of a few people that actually eat Vaporub when they feel that they are getting a sore throat. Could this make you sick?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos