BY VICKS #1 in Cough, Cold, & Flu

Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant—the #1-selling branded children’s cough cold product* appropriate for ages two and up—is a topical cough medicine with medicated vapors. It starts working quickly for adults as well to relieve cough symptoms.

USES

• On chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold
• On muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints

Active Ingredients (Purpose)

Camphor (synthetic) 4.8% (Cough suppressant and topical  analgesic)
Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant)
Menthol 2.6% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)

Inactive Ingredients

Regular: cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil

Usage:

See important warnings under "When using this product."

Adults and children 2 years and over:

• For cough suppression
• Rub a thick layer on throat and chest
• Cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
• Keep clothing loose about throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth
• Use up to three times daily or as directed by doctor

For muscle / joint minor aches and pains:

• Apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily

Children under 2 years: do not use

Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant
  • "A spoonful in boiling water in a bowl works wonders on a stuffy nose." in 11 reviews
  • "Whenever I smell it, I am reminded of being a little kid having a stuffy nose, having my Snoopy thermos by the bed with chicken noodle soup in it and having my mom or dad rub this stuff all over me." in 9 reviews
  • "From my own childhood, to now being a mother of 2 boys, this is a staple in our medicine cabinet." in 6 reviews
  • "here is a trick for you readers, when sick with a cold put this under both your feet and put socks on afterward it will help you sleep all night." in 5 reviews
  • "It did a decent job at clearing up my nasal passages, however, it ended up irritating the area I rubbed it on and also made my sinuses burn! " in 5 reviews
Daisy T.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I would always joke with my mom about Vick's being the "Mexican cure all." I would never tell her how right that is. Growing up, when ever I got sick with a cold, she would tell me to rub some Vick's on my chest, back, nose and throat. Legit, it helps a lot, especially when my nose gets red. Slap some Vick's on your nose before you go to bed, and it won't be red the next day. The last time I got sick with a cold (Xmas 2017), she gave me a small tin of Vick's that's travel friendly, or in her words, "so you can take it to work." This product is A+++++++
Teodora D.
Brooklyn,NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I was instantly in love with this product from the moment I tried it. It really works!!!
I had a cough for weeks. My throat was sore and inflamed and my nose runny. I was constantly drinking tea and taking cough drops but it didn’t really help. I biught VapoRub, applied it to my cheat and throat and felt muh better the next day. My throat was not as sore and I felt energized and healtier.
I love that a product that is not a cough syrup or a pill can be so effective! I certainly think it’s a safer and healthier option than most medications.
Applying the product is super easy. Minutes after applying I can feel a ticklish, minty sensation which honestly feels quite nice. It cleares my nasal area and makes me breathe easier.

I recommend trying this product if you haven’t already! You’ll be amazed!
Haley S.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Growing up, I’ve always gotten sick. I was always prone to sickness, especially during the changing seasons and when sick people were around me. I always got the cold and I often used the Vicks vaporub & humidifier to help me. The vaporub worked wonders and helped me breathe while I was at school. I always had trouble breathing through my nose, but this helped me get through the day!
Carina M.
Chatsworth, CA
I absolutely love Vick’s Vaporub my family and I use it for everything I normally purchase it at target or my heresy drugstore. I use almost everyday for any minor aches and pains on the body. I definitely everyone to have this is their home and purse at all times.
Sheyna L.
Irving
This product helps relieve sinus congestion and coughing. It applies evenly on skin and starts working immediately. It has a minty cool feel to it and it lasts for a while. I always meets my expectation every single time I use it, it is completely worth every penny! I believe it costs $5-$7 in drug stores. I highly recommend this product when you're sick.
Skyela H.
Washington, IN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Everyone needs to keep this on hand inside their house. This stuff is good for coughs, congestion, headaches, muscle pains, toe fungus. You name it😂 I use this every night. It’s a gentle way to keep your health in check
Norma R.
colorado❄️
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Growing up in a mexican household , vicks vaporub was the solution to everything. (Still is lol) every time someone is sick in the house, this is is our life saver. Some people do not like the smell , but i personally love it! When im sick i apply some on my chest and also smell it so that my nose can open up.
Breanna J.
Greenwood, IN
Vicks! Where do I even begin. This product has been around in my family for so long. We use it frequently due to its multipurpose use. When I am sick I usually put a small amount on my nose and chest to help with any congestion. IN the morning there is a huge difference with my sleeping and my breathing. I spent about $5 on this product and honestly to me that's very inexpensive. One product that has many uses for just $5. can't beat that!! Overall I am very happy with this product and give it a 5 star rating. Our family can't go without it.
Brigitte R.
Arlington, MA
This stuff is good to have in your house when you are sick, ever since I was little I would put this on some tissue and put the tissue in a ziplock baggie bring it so school and when I felt congested I would just smell it and it would clear my nose immediately to this day I still use this product at night when I am sick I put this under my nose to also help me at night from having a congested nose
Katharyn H.
Hickory, NC
I think this is just an old trusty rub to help open up nasal stuffiness and chest congestion!!! I think it works!! It has always helped me breath better so that I can get some rest at night! I still remember my mom using this on me as a child!
Arlene V.
Has anyone used it on the palms of your feet at night for a cough? Is that just an old wives tale?
Yarikza A.
ELGIN, SC
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Has anyone used this to treat their acne?
Holly P.
Fredericksburg, VA
Put some in a wax heat lamp and it filters the air.
Courtney D.
Otway, OH
Can this really cause pneumonia?
Mel R.
I've heard of a few people that actually eat Vaporub when they feel that they are getting a sore throat. Could this make you sick?

back