Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant
Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant—the #1-selling branded children’s cough cold product* appropriate for ages two and up—is a topical cough medicine with medicated vapors. It starts working quickly for adults as well to relieve cough symptoms.
• On chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold
• On muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints
Active Ingredients (Purpose)
Camphor (synthetic) 4.8% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)
Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant)
Menthol 2.6% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)
Regular: cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil
See important warnings under "When using this product."
Adults and children 2 years and over:
• For cough suppression
• Rub a thick layer on throat and chest
• Cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
• Keep clothing loose about throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth
• Use up to three times daily or as directed by doctor
For muscle / joint minor aches and pains:
• Apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
Children under 2 years: do not usesee more...
Top Questions See all 236 Q&A
- "A spoonful in boiling water in a bowl works wonders on a stuffy nose." in 11 reviews
- "Whenever I smell it, I am reminded of being a little kid having a stuffy nose, having my Snoopy thermos by the bed with chicken noodle soup in it and having my mom or dad rub this stuff all over me." in 9 reviews
- "From my own childhood, to now being a mother of 2 boys, this is a staple in our medicine cabinet." in 6 reviews
- "here is a trick for you readers, when sick with a cold put this under both your feet and put socks on afterward it will help you sleep all night." in 5 reviews
- "It did a decent job at clearing up my nasal passages, however, it ended up irritating the area I rubbed it on and also made my sinuses burn! " in 5 reviews
I had a cough for weeks. My throat was sore and inflamed and my nose runny. I was constantly drinking tea and taking cough drops but it didn’t really help. I biught VapoRub, applied it to my cheat and throat and felt muh better the next day. My throat was not as sore and I felt energized and healtier.
I love that a product that is not a cough syrup or a pill can be so effective! I certainly think it’s a safer and healthier option than most medications.
Applying the product is super easy. Minutes after applying I can feel a ticklish, minty sensation which honestly feels quite nice. It cleares my nasal area and makes me breathe easier.
I recommend trying this product if you haven’t already! You’ll be amazed!
I bought some for my daughter and it’s been helping her sleep so much better at night. She’s not waking up coughing a lot.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos