BY VICKS #1 in Cough, Cold, & Flu

Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant—the #1-selling branded children’s cough cold product* appropriate for ages two and up—is a topical cough medicine with medicated vapors. It starts working quickly for adults as well to relieve cough symptoms.

USES

• On chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold
• On muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints

Active Ingredients (Purpose)

Camphor (synthetic) 4.8% (Cough suppressant and topical  analgesic)
Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant)
Menthol 2.6% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)

Inactive Ingredients

Regular: cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil

Usage:

See important warnings under "When using this product."

Adults and children 2 years and over:

• For cough suppression
• Rub a thick layer on throat and chest
• Cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
• Keep clothing loose about throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth
• Use up to three times daily or as directed by doctor

For muscle / joint minor aches and pains:

• Apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily

Children under 2 years: do not use

• Don't you just love the maker of Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical ...2 Answers
  • Does this work for you guys?6 Answers
  • who tried it ? is it helpfull?2 Answers
Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant
  • "A spoonful in boiling water in a bowl works wonders on a stuffy nose." in 11 reviews
  • "Whenever I smell it, I am reminded of being a little kid having a stuffy nose, having my Snoopy thermos by the bed with chicken noodle soup in it and having my mom or dad rub this stuff all over me." in 9 reviews
  • "From my own childhood, to now being a mother of 2 boys, this is a staple in our medicine cabinet." in 6 reviews
  • "here is a trick for you readers, when sick with a cold put this under both your feet and put socks on afterward it will help you sleep all night." in 5 reviews
  • "It did a decent job at clearing up my nasal passages, however, it ended up irritating the area I rubbed it on and also made my sinuses burn! " in 5 reviews
Teodora D.
Brooklyn,NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I was instantly in love with this product from the moment I tried it. It really works!!!
I had a cough for weeks. My throat was sore and inflamed and my nose runny. I was constantly drinking tea and taking cough drops but it didn’t really help. I biught VapoRub, applied it to my cheat and throat and felt muh better the next day. My throat was not as sore and I felt energized and healtier.
I love that a product that is not a cough syrup or a pill can be so effective! I certainly think it’s a safer and healthier option than most medications.
Applying the product is super easy. Minutes after applying I can feel a ticklish, minty sensation which honestly feels quite nice. It cleares my nasal area and makes me breathe easier.

I recommend trying this product if you haven’t already! You’ll be amazed!
Jacqueline B.
Homestead, FL
Vicks Vapor Rub has been used in my home ever since I was a young girl. Now, a mom of 3, I have jars of this stuff all over my home..seriously, I have about 4 jars between my bedroom and the bathrooms. It's a greasy thick salve substance that I rub on the neck, chest and back. I use to rub it under the nose, but I heard that that's not the safest place to rub it anymore. It helps clear up the nostrils and throat with the menthol vapor as you inhale it and can be used in conjunction with other medications with no harmful side effects. Be mindful when you using on young children for the first time since the skin is so delicate there may be a bad skin reaction. With that being said I used the Vicks Baby Rub on my kids when they were infant/toddler age and it was a delicate formula that didn't harm them in anyway. My only complaint is of course the greasy mess, but that's the sacrifice that you have to make when you want to breath easily especially while sleeping at night.
Daisy T.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I would always joke with my mom about Vick's being the "Mexican cure all." I would never tell her how right that is. Growing up, when ever I got sick with a cold, she would tell me to rub some Vick's on my chest, back, nose and throat. Legit, it helps a lot, especially when my nose gets red. Slap some Vick's on your nose before you go to bed, and it won't be red the next day. The last time I got sick with a cold (Xmas 2017), she gave me a small tin of Vick's that's travel friendly, or in her words, "so you can take it to work." This product is A+++++++
Jennifer S.
Spokane, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
The worst part for me about having a bad cold is when you also get severe chest congestion. This is a great way to ease the discomfort associated with upper respiratory symptoms as it soothes your chest and also helps with congestion because you breathe in the menthol scented vapors. The price is reasonable and you can find this at most stores so it very convenient.
Maritza M.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
My daughter had a really bad sinus infection. Her Doctor told me to use Vaporub. Funny thing... I’ve heard great things about it, but don’t have any in my medicine cabinet!

I bought some for my daughter and it’s been helping her sleep so much better at night. She’s not waking up coughing a lot.
Liz T.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This has been the he’ll all medicine in my family since the dawn of time. Have a cough? Use VapoRub. Have a study/runny nose? Use VapoRub. Have a hangover? Use VapoRub (not really but you get it). This product just makes me feel better when ever I feel run down or under the weather. I keep a jar on my nightstand. With all medicines, read the label and do your research. Don’t rely on someone else’s opinion or experience.
Taylor S.
I definitely recommend this stuff! Anytime I have a stuffy nose or feel a head cold coming on, I use this! You can put it on your chest, under your nose and on the bottom of your feet with socks over them. That is the best way to help get yourself back to normal. No it doesn't clear everything up right away, but it sure does help. Plus, I really like the Mentholatum smell. It definitely clears up the sinus.
avani p.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Ever since I was young, I would have growing pains. This would always help soothe my pain and make me feel so much better. I didn't like the smell too much since I always associate it with bad times of pain, but it has helped so much. Anytime I pull a muscle, I use this product to help ease the pain.
Nava S.
Granger, IN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I love this. This is always a go-to in my family when someone has the cold. It’s very soothing and relaxing. Some people don’t like the smell of it, but I do! When I have a cold with a stuffy nose, just smelling it helps clear up my nose. I would definitely recommend this to keep at home.
Abbey R.
Crescent City, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Just the smell alone of the product is so relieving. It helps sooo much with congestion and breathing. I do not think it is supposed to help with sore throat, but once you start to smell again, the smell of this product also soothes my throat. This is a must have for the sick days!
Arlene V.
Has anyone used it on the palms of your feet at night for a cough? Is that just an old wives tale?
Yarikza A.
ELGIN, SC
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Has anyone used this to treat their acne?
Holly P.
Fredericksburg, VA
Put some in a wax heat lamp and it filters the air.
Courtney D.
Otway, OH
Can this really cause pneumonia?
Mel R.
I've heard of a few people that actually eat Vaporub when they feel that they are getting a sore throat. Could this make you sick?