Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant

Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant—the #1-selling branded children’s cough cold product* appropriate for ages two and up—is a topical cough medicine with medicated vapors. It starts working quickly for adults as well to relieve cough symptoms.

USES

• On chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold
• On muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints

Active Ingredients (Purpose)

Camphor (synthetic) 4.8% (Cough suppressant and topical  analgesic)
Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant)
Menthol 2.6% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)

Inactive Ingredients

Regular: cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil

Usage:

See important warnings under "When using this product."

Adults and children 2 years and over:

• For cough suppression
• Rub a thick layer on throat and chest
• Cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
• Keep clothing loose about throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth
• Use up to three times daily or as directed by doctor

For muscle / joint minor aches and pains:

• Apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily

Children under 2 years: do not use

Es un producto que ayuda mucho cuando tienes síntomas del resfriado común ,a mi en lo personal me ayudo muhob
this is a very helpful remedy for colds and flus. The warmth also helps with mild headaches. during my time of the month, it helps with crams and creates a warmth to help.
is it good??
Start your review of Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant!
Product Highlights
“A spoonful in boiling water in a bowl works wonders on a stuffy nose.” in reviews
“Whenever I smell it, I am reminded of being a little kid having a stuffy nose, having my Snoopy thermos by the bed with chicken noodle soup in it and having my mom or dad rub this stuff all over me.” in reviews
“From my own childhood, to now being a mother of 2 boys, this is a staple in our medicine cabinet.” in reviews
“So many ways to use it~ on the chest, in boiling water to inhale the steam, in a humidifier, and even on the bottoms of feet for coughing.” in reviews
“It did a decent job at clearing up my nasal passages, however, it ended up irritating the area I rubbed it on and also made my sinuses burn! ” in reviews
Purchased at: Walmart
This should be a staple in every home! We dab under our nostrils to breathe easier when we're sick or rub on our chest for cough. I've also rubbed it on the bottoms of my daughter's feet then put socks on for bed and that also helps a lot for colds. The most recent remedy I am using it for is toenail fungus! I started developing it after wearing toenail polish all summer and closed toed shoes and ankle boots 5 days a week for work. I had previously tried tea tree oil but not only does it have a strong smell, it is required morning and night. With vaporub, I just apply to my toenails every morning with a q-tip then let air dry while I get ready. I started noticing a difference the second day! I am continuing for 5 months as recommended by Google articles and am happy with how it's going! Definitely keep a little tub of this in your home!
Williamsburg , VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant uploaded by Maria M.
Purchased at: Amazon
I mean this is what my grandma use to depend on when my dad was sick. Who doesn’t know of this product? I use it for myself and Hubby when we get that cough due to the change in weather. I have recently been using on my son who has seasonal allergies so this helps with his cough during the night. A little goes a long way. It has a very strong scent to it but I mean....it works wonders.Vicks Vaporub Topical Cough Suppressant
Pico Rivera , CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant uploaded by Osiris M.
Purchased at: Walmart
Oh boy this stuff right here it’s my all time favorite this Vick’s it’s my go to for everything if I have a headache this stuff will work I’ll rub in my side of my forehead and does wonderful to remove my headaches sell well as when I get a cold and I can’t breath or I cough this is my medicine for my add a little on my nose to breathe better my chest to stop coughing my number one medicine to sleep as well I sometimes struggle to sleep this will help me so much to put me to sleep. [product:vicks-vaporub-topical-cough-suppressant]
Medford, MA
Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant uploaded by Kelly H.
Purchased at: Target
I genuinely swear by this stuff when I’m sick. It helps clear out my sinuses so that I can actually breathe when I sleep and seems to help with my cough. I find it also helps with sore or tense muscles, kind of like Biofreeze does, though not nearly as strong and absorbs much less. I’d recommend donning a loose t-shirt you don’t mind getting oil on as this is oil based, but it’s so worth it. It lasts forever too! I’ve had mine for 7 months and have been sick 3-4 times, used it for muscles a few, and I still have so much left.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I've always had a jar of this in my home. Not only is it great for the typical stuffy nose and congestion, but we recently discovered it helps with persistent coughs, too! Rub a little on the soles of your feet and apply socks. Within minutes, your cough will subside (it has something to do with reflexology from what my research has proven). Being one that gets headaches regularly, I've also found that it works great for head pain. When a persistent headache arises, I put a little under my nose and breath long, deep breaths and NORMALLY, that helps :) I can confidently say that no home should be without a jar of !
This vapor rub is a miracle worker. I recently had a sore throat for a few days and I put on Vick’s and the next morning my sore throat was gone. Completely gone. I felt back to normal and healthy again. It was crazy how well this worked. I also applied it on my chest when I was sick and couldn’t breathe and everything cleared up. I applied it under my nose and it cleared up my nose and I could breathe again. It’s a miracle worker.
Purchased at: Walgreens
As a Latina let me tell you this is one product that you need to have in your home .it's great to have around when someone at home is sick with the flu or just a regular cold .you apply a little bit on your chest ,back and feet and put some socks on I promise you the next day you will feel brand new !I also use Vicks whenever I have a headache or migraine I take a small amount and apply it on my forehead and it works wonders !
Bronx, NY
This has been like a family secret in my life. I don't think I've ever used another brand of topical suppressant. This one is that god. It's very strong meaning you son't need to lather it like crazy but you should put enough on your chest so you can smell it to open up your passages. This really open up your nose after a few minutes; you will feel the crazy runny nose. Good for cough and they even have the kids version.
Bronx, NY
I have used this product since I was born. It helps with congestion so that you could sleep without mucous irritation. I usually apply it to my nose , chest, feet (sometimes) and back . When sleeping , I would recommend applying to all of the above areas, in addition to wearing a comforter so that you can sweat. Sweating allows the mucous to break down and you are sure to feel better the next day.
Edison, NJ
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I love Vic’s I think it has been a staple in mine and my families medicine cabinets since I was born. The menthol and cooling sent are perfect especially when you have severe nasal blockage and are looking to try and create a temporary breathing pathway. Vicks is Malta use it helps with coughs it also is great for putting on the bottom of your feet with socks to make sure that you’re OK.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Toronto , ON
il y a un an
Vicks® VapoRub™ Topical Cough Suppressant Is it safe to use this product everyday? I think I read on the jar or somewhere that it’s not to be used a long term solution. You see I suffer from nasal congestion and it helps but I’m worried I am doing more harm to myself. Confused?
Emma H. • il y a un an
Use about once or twice a day as needed until sickness weakens. I recently was sick for about 3 weeks and I used it the last 2 weeks everyday in my chest and it helped great. Stop usAge when I felt better