Vicks® VapoRub Children’s Topical Cough Suppressant is a chest rub that treats coughs and minor aches and pains. VapoRub has 3 active cough suppressants that are clinically proven to relieve coughs. Apply VapoRub topically to the chest or neck for cough relief that starts working instantly.

VapoRub Children's can be used on all children ages 2 and older to provide safe and soothing cough relief so they can sleep.

USES

• On chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold
• On muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints

Active Ingredients (Purpose)

Camphor (synthetic) 4.8% - (Cough suppressant and topical  analgesic)
Eucalyptus oil 1.2% - (Cough suppressant)
Menthol 2.6% - (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)

Inactive Ingredients

Cedarleaf oil, fragrance, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil

Usage:

See important warnings under "When using this product"

• Adults and children 2 years and over
• For cough suppression
• Rub a thick layer on throat & chest
• Cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
• Keep clothing loose about throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth
• Use up to three times daily or as directed by doctor
• For muscle / joint minor aches and pains apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
• Children under 2 years: do not use

Does this help not cough or just make them less painful?
Any one considers this a best thing ever?
Start your review of Vicks® VapoRub™ Children’s Topical Cough Suppressant!
How would you rate this product?
Our family of 7 got hit with colds and coughs early this year, and the cough medicines helped during the day but not at night.  We couldn't use humidifiers in our old, stuffy house, so Vick's was our only hope.  It worked.  I don't know if it is scientifically proven, but we did the thick layer of Vicks on the feet covered with socks just before bedtime, and all 3 boys were able to sleep in their room.  It was a life-saver - everyone fought the cold much better with a good night's rest.  The smell reassured the boys, on a psychological level, that this was effective stuff.  Highly recommended.
Woodland, CA
I love using this product on my son! Specially when he’s going to bed and I notice he is having a difficult time breathing. This is definitely a fresh breath of air for him. It really calms him down. I like the smell that’s not overwhelming for him, that was my main concern for him having to smell something strong and have it bother him but it does not! It’s perfect. I run it on his chest, back of knees and bottoms of his feet. I have this product next to my bed at all times and highly recommend it for any momma trying to calm their little ones breathing at night.
Grand Prairie, TX
i not sure what to say about just general Vicks i herded that if you add on too much or use it constantly it can harm you kids adults dont quote me. i stoped using it due to its too cold for kids that there lungs can freeze. am not sure but there were deaths. know ama need help. maybe someone can help me with this. i honestly do use it but like an old remedy i apply it in my kids feet. it still works but it not to close to the nose were its strong. i know its the kids one. but still.
I hate the smell of it, but my kids like it because they feel it tingling and working on them. I would perfer not to touch it lol but when i have no choice, ill rub some on their chest and back, and even some on the bottom of their feet with some socks after they had a wsrm bathm i do have a humidifier and ill scoop some and add a little bit of water to the little tray to melt and it helps the kids open up their sinuses so they aren't so stuffy the next day.
Bentonville
I would marry this stuff if I could.  I have a tub of this for my kids, and a tub of the adult version in my night stand allll year long.  I tend to save any sort of medicine for the last resort, but I don't ever hesitate using this on myself and my kids as much as they want it.  We seem to get congested easily around here this stuff is a life saver!!  One of my very favorite things in the world!
Bohemia
I'll always love vicks! It's a must have in your cabinet if you have children or even for yourself! It helps alot when your congested and have a bad cough rub this before bedtime and on y ou ur feet with sock over it and you'll wake up in the morning feeling alot better! I've always put this on myself and my kids when that time of season is hear when everyone is stuffed up with congestion and cold ! #1
43113
Purchased at: Walmart
We love our baby vicks rub ! When our children are sick we want to make them as comfortable as possible and with small ones that is very hard sometimes! Vicks baby rub helps sooth your child and clears the airways ! We always rub some on us too! I recommend using on the bottoms of their feet and putting socks on them after a warm bath before bed time 💕 Using it on the chest works wonders also though 😃
Saint Francis, MN
I love Vick’s for so many reasons! It’s thick and goopy for sure, but the relief it brings is wonderful! I add some to the chest, neck, back and bottom of the feet (with socks) and if there’s more on my hands after I’ll dab a little on the tip of the nose to aid congestion. My kids will ask for it when they have a cold. The children’s one isn’t as potent as the normal one- which I don’t mind.
One of my must haves in my medicine cabinet. I use it on myself and my kids for not only cough, but also congested sinuses. I have found that when I run a tiny amount on either both sides of my upper nose or even under my nose it really clears up that stuffiness and helps me breathe at night. It has a nice warming effect when applied, but do keep far away from your eyes because it will burn.
Ocala, FL
Vicks® VapoRub™ Children’s Topical Cough Suppressant uploaded by Veronica R.
This product has been in my family for as long as I can remember. I use it on myself to help me sleep at night, and now I used it on both my daughters. This product is. Must in my home, when flu season is near or for nights when my girls are fuzzy. I apply this on their back chest and the bottom of their feet and they sleep thru out the night. I definitely recommend this product