BY VICKS #1 in Cough, Cold, & Flu

Cough Suppressant - Topical Analgesic Limited Warranty to Consumers - Replacement or Refund if Defective " Good Housekeeping Promises" Questions? ; see more...

• Does this work for you guys?6 Answers
  • Don't you just love the maker of Vicks VapoRub Topical Ointment w...2 Answers
  • who tried it ? is it helpfull?2 Answers
Vicks VapoRub Topical Ointment
  • "A spoonful in boiling water in a bowl works wonders on a stuffy nose." in 11 reviews
  • "Whenever I smell it, I am reminded of being a little kid having a stuffy nose, having my Snoopy thermos by the bed with chicken noodle soup in it and having my mom or dad rub this stuff all over me." in 9 reviews
  • "From my own childhood, to now being a mother of 2 boys, this is a staple in our medicine cabinet." in 6 reviews
  • "here is a trick for you readers, when sick with a cold put this under both your feet and put socks on afterward it will help you sleep all night." in 5 reviews
  • "It did a decent job at clearing up my nasal passages, however, it ended up irritating the area I rubbed it on and also made my sinuses burn! " in 5 reviews
Maria L.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Topical Ointment, Topical Ointment
This is a must have product to have in your household. Ever since I was a kid we always had it in our household. It works for when you have a stuffy nose. Just rub some on your top lip and you will be able to breath. If you are have a cold and get the shivers just rub some on your chest and the bottoms of your feet and also your back. Would recommend to others.
Jennifer A.
Sacramento , CA
Review for: Topical Ointment
I honestly use this product whenever I am sick with a  cold. I would mainly use it before I go to bed and I would rub it onto my chest. The smell would help me breath out of my nose whenever it was clogged up. The scent is sorta minty, most people don't like it but I don't mind it since I grew up with this stuff.
Christopher C.
Worcester
Review for: Topical Ointment
Who didn't grow up with VapoRub rubbed on your chest when you had a cold? That smell always brings back memories of my mother taking care of me when I was sick as a kid.

Not only that, but it WORKS! It really helps to receive stuffiness and congestion. This is a life saver when you have a cold.
Megan G.
Greenville, SC
I will forever carry a jar of Vicks vapor rub in my pocket book. Not only is Vicks great for colds and a great decongestant, it works wonders for itchy skin rashes (allergic reaction, eczema, etc) and even itchy bug bites. The menthol in the Vicks vapor rub helps smooth the itch but also draw out venom or the irritant that caused the itchy rash. In the summer I get eat up by mosquitos and I put this rub on my bite and the redness/bite mark was gone within a couple hours to even the next day. Depending on how soon you apply the vapor rub depends on how fast it will clear the area up, I swear by this.
Breanna J.
Greenwood, IN
Vicks! Where do I even begin. This product has been around in my family for so long. We use it frequently due to its multipurpose use. When I am sick I usually put a small amount on my nose and chest to help with any congestion. IN the morning there is a huge difference with my sleeping and my breathing. I spent about $5 on this product and honestly to me that's very inexpensive. One product that has many uses for just $5. can't beat that!! Overall I am very happy with this product and give it a 5 star rating. Our family can't go without it.
OnDeane J.
Philadelphia, PA
Wellness Guru Expert
As a mother I can't stand to see my baby hurt or sick. He was up coughing and feeling crappy so I had his dad grab this om his way home. I definitely wanted to help him sleep better. My son slept all night, no coughing! In the morning all the mucous was running out of him.
A must have!
Megan H.
Bartlett, TN
When I'm sick or have a cold, this is a life savor! I apply a little to the chest or nose and can breathe better in no time. I always hate when you can only breathe from one nostril. My brother's pediatrician said to oddly enough put a little on your feet and wear socks before going to bed, and it seems to really help. Not sure how though. It's relatively inexpensive, a little jar goes a long way, and can be used for multiple different purposes. Great stuff, I definitely recommend.
Cari ūüíč.
Davis, CA
My medicine holy grail is definitely Vicks rub. It's literally the best thing ever, and it's more old fashion, which to me, makes it work even better. People are always trying to find weird, new ways to help their cold or flu, but I always go back to Vicks. It's what my momma used when I was little, and my mom still tells me to use it! It's like opening your nasal passages to a better, fresher world. I love using it mainly on my chest, and down my neck. It's also great for achy muscles
Brooksann S.
Bainbridge, OH
VICKS!! Who doesn't love this product! I'm always stalked up on jars of it! I buy mine usually at my local dollar general! Vicks does wonderful many things. When we get sick around here we like to rub some on our chest, and i like to put it on my little ones feet, because i think that it helps slow down their coughing. I make sure to put there socks back over their feet of course. I highly recommend this item to everyone!! I will always be a forever buyer!! An investment for sure!
Dione P.
Forest Park, GA
Wellness Guru Expert
This is definitely a household staple of mine! Whenever my children, husband, or I get stuffy or get any type of cold, Vaporub comes to the rescue. Works especially for coughs. May be too strong for some sensitive skin so I slather a little on the bottoms of the feet and cover with socks. Cough free all night!
Arlene V.
Has anyone used it on the palms of your feet at night for a cough? Is that just an old wives tale?
Yarikza A.
ELGIN, SC
Wellness Guru Expert
Has anyone used this to treat their acne?
Holly P.
Fredericksburg, VA
Put some in a wax heat lamp and it filters the air.
Courtney D.
Otway, OH
Can this really cause pneumonia?
Mel R.
I've heard of a few people that actually eat Vaporub when they feel that they are getting a sore throat. Could this make you sick?