BY VICKS #5 in Humidifiers

With the VUL520G Vicks® Mini Filter Free Humidifier, you’ll get the cool humidifying relief you’ve been looking for, with the added bonus of never having to worry about getting a replacement filter ever again, in a small little package.

USES

• Visible, cool mist for the temporary relief of cough and congestion
  • No filters to buy or replace
  • Whisper-quiet; won't disturb sleep
  • Soft glow nightlight
  • Vicks vapors with integrated scent-pad heater
  • Variable mist control to regulate humidity level
  • Removable tank with handle for easy filling
  • Directional mist outlet lets you control the direction of the mist "plume."
  • .50-gallon capacity; operates up to 20 hours per filling

Sandra T.
I purchased this humidifier after our last one decided to stop working at our local CVS Pharmacy. The machine is quite and peaceful sounding. The tank is small, so you will have to refill it more often then you'd like. I like having the option to insert the Vicki's Vapor Pad when I want, but not needed. Another great feature is that it automatically turns off when the machine senses that there is not longer water in the tank. A great product!
Katelyn L.
orlando, florida
My only complaint is that after 3 months of nightly usage, the mist didn’t seem to come out as heavy on the medium setting anymore. When we first got it for my daughter, you could see the mist at medium. But after a while, you can see after overnight use, the water bowl was still full and no mist was coming out. It still works, just have to put it on a higher setting to even see mist and see the water being used. I just hoped it would have been a little longer than that before we had any issues with is. And yes, we cleaned it, weekly, just as the book instructed.
Danielle N.
Orlando, FL
I remember receiving this product a few years ago via Influenster and Vicks for testing purposes and it was the coolest thing ever. I have really bad allergies and I get real congested, most of the time the congestion starts is at night. The perk about this item is that you can fill it up with water, it'll give you the right mist in order to breathe and the plus is also the little Vicks scented pad you pop into the vent so that it will release Vicks vapors into the mist so that you can feel the cool breeze of Vicks going through your breathing passage. It's really worth using to fight off any mild sickness you are feeling.
Mak S.
I like this although I don’t feel like it works as well as a bigger humidifier, it stil definitely works. My room is fairly small so I enjoy that I can put this on my desk or night stand it doesn’t take up a lot of room
Jerica C.
Salyersville, KY
I purchased this humidifier because my baby kept getting congested. I am so glad I did because it has made a world of difference. I haven't even used the Vicks Vapor pads with it yet, and it has been successful. I plan on using the pads if she seems to get sicker other than congestion. I think it might come with a couple but you do have to purchase more of those on your own.
Jennifer P.
VAN NUYS, CA
I love the size of this humidifier! After using bigger ones that would work for a while and then break, I picked up this little dude and it is the best! It is a great size, holds enough water to go all night on high, and it super easy to clean. Our bedroom is not huge but a good sized room and it works well for both of us.
Carrigan K.
Kokomo, IN
I have the largest version of this and i love it. We had an issue with a new humidifier we had bought and ended up taking it back and buying this one. It’s a great investment and we use it everyday. I like that there is no yucky filter to change.
Laritza L.
I have a toddler and ever since she was a baby, doctors have been telling me to buy a cool mist humidifier as opposed to warm mist. Cool mist humidifiers are also a must have during winter if you have central heat. Helps you form waking up with dry mouth and dry nasal passages. I originally had the Safety 1st Ultrasonic Humidifier. That one stopped working after about 2 years and then, like magic, I was given the Vicks Vul520w Filter-Free Cool Mist Humidifier, Mini by the company for review. I must say, I am pleased with this gift. There are varying sizes for the Vicks. But I got the one for a small room. My room is about 10x12 and it works fine.
I only have the other one to compare it to, but here is how they compare:
Price: Vicks is more expensive. Sad face.
Amount of time it lasts throughout the night: When placed on High, the Vicks lasts all night and the Safety 1St was completely out of water in the morning. Granted the Safety 1st may be putting more vapor in the air, so likely not the best comparison. When I would put the Safety 1st on midlevel it would last all night.
Features: Vicks has auto shutoff. Safety 1st keeps trying to pump out mist and then has a very bright red light that comes on. Vicks also has the ability to add the soothing scented pads that help open up the airways. Personally, I like how Vicks smells, so it is a really nice feature.
Light that tells you it is on: Safety First has a very bright light, like very annoying to have a bright gleam of light as you are trying to sleep at night. Vicks also has one, but it is more muted in brightness.
Colors: Safety 1st is geared more towards babies so it comes in pink and blue. Vicks is only in blue.
Sound: I feel like I could hear the Safety 1st one working. Not a terrible sound, almost like a light fan or wind. The Vicks one is extremely quiet. I had it running next to my head and it was not bothersome at all.
Leaking: I did not experience leaking with either humidifier
Tina P.
We love this Vicks Cool Mist humidifier. It has helped with many congestion issues and dryness issues. We would highly recommend this humidifier to anyone who is in the market for one. It is affordable, a good size (not too cumbersome) and works very effectively.
Diana R.
BROOKLYN, NY
Since I have my baby, I always wanted to purchase a humidifier, but for one reason or another, I`ve never actually bought one. Now my boy is 2 year old and we finally enjoying a new Vicks® CoolMist Humidifier that Influenster kindly sent me for complimentary testing purposes.
I absolutely love Vicks® CoolMist Humidifier because it really makes such a difference, and I think that is a must have for any household. Its compact size makes it easy for storing or displaying anywhere in a small room, without taking too much space. Vicks® CoolMist Humidifier is super quiet, very easy to use and clean, and provides a good humidity level for the room. This humidifier is very effective and beneficial for my whole family because it helps us breath easily and sleep better without stuffy nose in the morning. Sometimes I place it on the shelf next to the chameleon`s cage, and he absolutely loves chilling under the nice cool mist. When the container is filled with water and is turned up at maximum, it goes for around 7 to 8 hours and then shut off automatically which is pretty cool. We are using Vicks® CoolMist Humidifier every single day and night for a month, and I have not experienced any problems with it whatsoever. If you have kids and/or if you are in the market for a humidifier I would highly recommend Vicks® CoolMist Humidifier.
nicole m.
Does it work well in a large room?
Christian C.
Porterville, CA
How effective is this humidifier for a 7 month baby with stuffy nose problems?
amy n.
Would this product work well with seasonal allergies and constant congestion? i can't seem to beat the congestion year round and am really looking for a product that can help with that!
Geanne Marrie B.
Does this use up a lot of electricity?
Valerie C.
Where can I find this product?