BY VICKS #14 in Humidifiers

It’s a Cool Mist with the Right Balance.
The V3100 Vicks® Filtered Cool Moisture Humidifier helps relieve dry air by providing ideal moisture balance to help you breathe better and sleep more comfortably for up to 18 hours.

USES

• Provides soothing, invisible moisture for better personal and room comfort.
  • Self-Regulating Evaporative System naturally adjusts output to amount of moisture the air can hold at a particular temperature
  • Wicking Filter naturally filters impurities from the water
  • Quiet operation
  • Two speed settings
  • Runs up to 18 hours per filling
  • Great for small to medium rooms
  • Use with Protec WF2 Filter (included) removes impurities from water
  • Designed to be used with Vicks VapoPads to release soothing menthol vapors.

• Does this work better than the cheaper one? Is it worth t...1 Answers
  • Is this extremely helpful for people who are prone for si...2 Answers
  • Does this leave any moisture on the floor or on furniture...14 Answers
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
I bought this 2 years ago when my daughter was sick and her doctor recommended a cool mist humidifier. I decided to use this in her room after she was well to help counteract the dry air from running the heater. It worked great for the first few months. I cleaned it weekly and changed the filter when it needed to be changed. I haven't used it in six months and she's sick again. I purchased a new filter, filled the tank with purified water and put it in her room 2 nights ago. I've run it on high all night for 2 days and the water hasn't gone down and her symptoms haven't improved, which means this isn't working. This was not a cheap humidifier and I expected more than a few months' use out of it. I will most likely purchase another brand before I buy another Vicks humidifier.
Jennifer T.
Brooklyn, NY
Eco-warrior Expert Level 2
This humidifier is cheaper than most, especially if you buy something else from the same manufacturer (the $10 off $30 coupon helps a lot)!

It only has two speeds: low and high. High gets pretty noisy, but what you would expect. I just don't use this function at night. However low is whisper quiet, you can't even really tell it's on at all. I have a somewhat large studio and it easily keeps it humid in here. As far as replacement filters, it appears as those are reasonable as well.

It doesn't have any real features, but it works and it has worked well for me so far with no complains. Quiet, cheap, and humidifes, it's win-win.
Jenn Y.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I really like this humidifier. We actually bought another one just in case our other child needed one in their room at the same time. I like having a cool option instead of the warm humidifier. I've read other comments and I can see how the water draining can be an issue. Once done with the humidifier be sure to wipe the inside down and keep the container open to air dry, this will be sure to prevent any mildew. We've had ours for years and it's great.
Kayla Z.
I bought this Humidifier for my bedroom and it's been wonderful! I love the way it makes my room feel, the air feels so much better to breathe in. It's also really simple to use which I like about it! This is the first humidifier I've ever tried and my husband and I really like it!
carmen l.
Wyoming, MI
This was my son salvation in this tterrible winter he get so sick with the cold and rrunning nose sometime he even ccould sleep , so his grandma bought one of this for him and believe me after 3 days my pumpkin star get better after weeks of sickness, this moisturizer the air and the vick steam make that hole room smell like eucalyptus! ! Love it i still use even when my boy is good
Jillian M.
Windsor, CT
This humidifier gets the job done for the most part. I actually enjoy it also as a white noise machine and it seems to help with the dryness. For the price it's decent. However, we seem to have to change the filter every two weeks when we run it often and that gets very expensive. I wish we didn't have a filter that needed to be changed so often!
Rachael W.
Titusville, FL
As far as a humidifier goes it worked great! You don't get that warm sticky moist feeling because it uses cool mist! The vicks isn't too strong and it did make my daughter feel better! I still think it hilarious that we needed a humidifier in Florida!! lol This one is great and made my Vicks which has been a staple since I was young!
Alexa P.
White Lake, MI
Anything Vicks is amazing! I love the ultrasonic because it is sooo quite And you can see the moisture in the air!!! One thing bad about it is it leaves a "white dust" residue all over things from the minerals in the water. But I'd rather dust a little more often than wake up with a bloody nose personally!
Taylor H.
Birmingham, AL
My dad uses this all the time so he can sleep. He usually has insomnia at night. I think he has a breathing problem that allows him to wake up in the middle of the night so this humidifier works good to prevent that.
Allie H.
Columbus, OH
This humidifier seems to do just as good of a job as some more expensive models. I actually bought it to replace a Honeywell humidifier. I use it when I sleep to keep my skin and throat from getting too dry. It work well and I like the white noise that it produces
Chelsea C.
Baltimore, MD
Does this leave any moisture on the floor or on furniture? My current humidifier does so we don't use it in worries of mold growing on the carpet or on surfaces .
Jessica G.
Enterprise, AL
I just had sinus surgery and I'm looking for a good humidifier. How well does this work in a medium size bedroom?
Rhiannon G.
Is this extremely helpful for people who are prone for sinus infections or people with allergies? I am just wondering if it would be helpful for my family...
amber a.
Mount Airy, NC
Does this work better than the cheaper one? Is it worth the cash?
brooklyn G.
Do u add water in thisVicks Filtered Cool Moisture HumidifierWRITE A R ?