Vicks® BabyRub™ Soothing Ointment

Vicks® BabyRub™ is a non-medicated formula that contains fragrances of eucalyptus, rosemary, and lavender. Combined with your loving touch, it is perfect to calm, soothe, and relax your baby.

• Can be used as needed on babies 3 months and older

Ingredients: Petrolatum, fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Oil

Usage: Gently massage on the chest, neck, back and bottom of feet to help soothe and comfort.

How good is this? And where could i buy it
Puedo ponerle este producto a mi hijo de 2 años
Does this leave an oily feel or is it more like lotion?
Start your review of Vicks® BabyRub™ Soothing Ointment!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“It works wonders for stuffiness, and is great for congestion on his little chest along with his humidifier, it makes a world of difference on helping him sleep when he is sick. ” in 12 reviews
“I use it everytime my son has a cold, and when he is coughing bad I put it on the bottom of his feet before bed and put socks on him, it keeps him from coughing all night. ” in 11 reviews
“vicks baby rub works great i use it on my daughter when she is congested when she has a cold it helps her sleep at night ” in 10 reviews
“One thing that's always in my bathroom is bucks for my little ones..I apply it to the bottom of their feet when they have a small cold ” in 7 reviews
“...minutes (along with the Nasal aspirator and saline) Helped him breathe so much better and actually get some rest despite being sick” in 7 reviews
Quincy, MA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This stuff is awesome. I use regular Vicks VapoRub Ointment, 1.76 Ounces for myself for cough, stuffy nose, muscle aches, dry skin patches and more. I was bummed when I read it's not recommended for young children, then I found this! Same consistency as regular vicks but a much milder smell of rose, lavender, and eucalyptus. I iss it in my son for every nap and nighttime when hes sick on his chest and back and I find it makes a difference in his congestion and breathing.
43113
Purchased at: Walmart
We love our baby vicks rub ! When our children are sick we want to make them as comfortable as possible and with small ones that is very hard sometimes! Vicks baby rub helps sooth your child and clears the airways ! We always rub some on us too! I recommend using on the bottoms of their feet and putting socks on them after a warm bath before bed time 💕 Using it on the chest works wonders also though The smell isnt over whleming which is also nice
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Purchased at: Walmart
This product is trash. I bought it for my daughter when she was a couple of months and got sick, she was congested and I bought this product along with their humidifier hoping it would help her breathe and it was so DISAPPOINTING!!! If your baby is congested and you want a chest rub that’s effective I highly suggest Zarbees chest rub. It worked like a charm for my baby.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Vicks® BabyRub™ Soothing Ointment uploaded by carrie O.
Purchased at: Walmart
Vicks baby rub ointment is a must have in my home. It isn't as strong as the original. It has eucolyptus, rosemary and lavender in it. We use it on the entire family applied to chest, back and bottoms of feet with thick fuzzy socks. Soothes and relaxes the entire family and assists to open airways and relieve coughs. Great product for whole family not just baby.
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I bought this product for my 11 month old because he is sick. He has a cough and runny nose. A co-worker recommended I try the vicks. I have started putting this on his chest while I run the shower to get it steamy and before he goes to sleep. It has eucalyptus, lavendar and rosemary which are good for clearing your throat. So far I am happy with this product.
Du Bois
This product really helps! Even as a pediatric nurse practitioner, using this alternative for young children rather than the adult Vick’s doesn’t mean it isn’t as effective. A little on my babies’ chests when they’re so congested, is just what they need. Thank you Vick’s for helping this momma sleep better because my babies are sleeping better!
usa
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I'm not sure if I got a defective batch or if my expectations are too high, but this doesn't help my daughter at all. It smells very strongly of lavender and only irritates her skin. To be fair she has extremely sensitive skin so it's possible her skin would be irritated with similar products.
Black Diamond , WA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Vicks® BabyRub™ Soothing Ointment uploaded by Mary A.
Purchased at: Walgreens
Who doesn't love baby rub , I only add baby rub on my baby's feet since she has a very delicate skin. Using after batting her ,or when i hear her congested. Very affordable to buy , and smell wonderful.
Santa Clara, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
this vicks isnt strong scent at all which is great! ive used it when my son has his nostril clogged up and it helps clear within the second. i add it on his chest, never have i tried it under his nose. thankfully his skin wasnt allergic at all to it
Wilburton, OK
Purchased at: Walmart
This stuff saved our lives when my daughter was younger. I wanted the relief of the Vick’s products but I was afraid the regular was to strong then I found this. It was perfect! Worked like the regular without the strong smell. A must have!!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Oromocto, NB
10 months ago
Vicks® BabyRub™ Soothing Ointment does it cause rashes on babies or is it also good for sensitive skin?
Sadie P. • 10 months ago
Mine never had an issue.