BY VICKS #2 in Cough, Cold, & Flu

Vicks Baby Rub Soothing Ointment.

Soothing comfort for babies.

Contains eucalyptus, aloe vera, and fragrances of rosemary & lavender. see more...

• What makes it different then for adults?13 Answers
  • Can you apply this to a toddlers feet ? How does applying it to t...11 Answers
  • Is this safe to use on a newborn and if not what can I use for ne...3 Answers
Vicks BabyRub Soothing Ointment
  • "It works wonders for stuffiness, and is great for congestion on his little chest along with his humidifier, it makes a world of difference on helping him sleep when he is sick. " in 12 reviews
  • "I use it everytime my son has a cold, and when he is coughing bad I put it on the bottom of his feet before bed and put socks on him, it keeps him from coughing all night. " in 11 reviews
  • "vicks baby rub works great i use it on my daughter when she is congested when she has a cold it helps her sleep at night " in 10 reviews
  • "My son got his first cold around his first birthday and he was so congested :( I would put a little on his chest and back, turn on the shower to steam up the bathroom and sit in there for 30 minutes (along with the Nasal aspirator and saline) Helped him breathe so much better and actually get some rest despite being sick" in 7 reviews
  • "One thing that's always in my bathroom is bucks for my little ones..I apply it to the bottom of their feet when they have a small cold " in 7 reviews
Ali V.
Baltimore, MD
Mega Parent Expert
Life saver! Whenever my toddler or little one has chest congestion I use the Vick's. I'm not flattering them in it all day mainly the time that it's most helpful is bedtime. Rubbing little on their chest I'm behind their ears and you can tell it really helps open up their lungs. If it's a bad cold it's the only way I can get them to sleep. The baby version isn't nearly as strong as the normal, but it is just as effective. This is a must have in my medicine cabinet. Works great for allergies too. Sometimes I'll use it myself.
Jane L.
Dallas TX
Review for: Babyrub Soothing Ointment 1.76 oz
My 6 months old was sick for the first time. He has running nose so bad so he couldn’t sleep peaceful at night. I bought this baby rub from CVS and it helps him sleeps better through out the night. I massage it on his chest, neck and back.
đź’• J.
Review for: Babyrub Soothing Ointment 1.76 oz
We have currently been living in this with all the sickness going around and let me tell you we love!! It’s gentle for baby but still effective, I
Put In chest and feet and coughing and congestion is so much better!
Christina T.
Cumberland, KY
Mega Parent Expert
This is a handy product to keep in your medicine cabinet. The product
contains menthol, which will help decongest the chest and nasal
passages. I have used Vicks for years and my mom used it on me when I
was a child. This is the best quick relief ointment. This one is safe to use on babies. You can buy this
basically anywhere. I highly recommend Vicks!
Becky B.
Lima , OH
Mega Parent Expert
This stuff is top-notch. I used it today in my two year old. It helped her cough and stuffy nose enough that she could actually fall asleep in her own bed for the first time in a week! It smells pleasant and I like that it's topical. My toddler likes to help put it on her chest. I wish I had discovered this sooner!
Ashley ✨.
Murrells Inlt, SC
Mega Parent Expert
I got this when my daughter first got her cold. I love it and I would continue to buy! I think that it’s affordable and the smell is not too strong. We put on her chest and on the bottom of her feet. It helped her sleep!
Sarah K.
Clinton Twp, MI
Mega Parent Expert
This works great when my little one is sick. I apply it to his chest and neck and it really helps to clear him up. It was great to help him sleep when he could not breath at night from congestion. I always have some on hand for whenever he starts getting under the weather.
Jessica M.
Riverside, CA
Mega Parent Expert
Have used these on my kids for any kind of cough. As soon as fall weather hits, I dig this out and immediately start using it on their best and feet to get them on the right track to feeling better. Always helps with the congestion and coughs.
Kara S.
Mega Parent Expert
I like this product because it is much more gentle for a baby and safer to use than the stronger version. I put it on my baby’s feet and I think it helps a little.
Gabrielle H.
My daughter has always gotten snorty in the winter months and this helps so much. It's inexpensive and you can find it just about anywhere. Just a little smear on the chest opens up her nose and lets her sleep comfortably. Also, if you're looking for a home remedy, smear a little of these on the bottom of each foot and put white cotton socks on. Sleep with it on and take give the baby a bath first thing in the morning. It's stopped my daughter's sinus problems in their tracks, even without using it on her chest.
Winter M.
Bronx, NY
Is the smell less harsh than the adults
Perla C.
Allentown, PA
Mega Parent Expert
Did this help baby at all? Does it have a strong scent like the adult version ? Is it good to use on sensitive skin ?
jennifer d.
Is this safe for kids?
Thania B.
Mega Parent Expert
Would you find this at a target?
Mekia H.
Converse, TX
What areas besides their back & chest do you apply the rub?