Food & SnacksCondiments & SaucesPasta SauceBarilla
VERO GUSTO BY Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce

VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce

Make meal time memorable with VERO GUSTO pasta sauces by BARILLA. Each sauce carries its own unique story, made in Italy with the finest locally grown ingredients—absolutely nothing artificial. VERO GUSTO is our sincerest representation of Italian craftsmanship, a sauté start and slow simmer finish delivers true Italian taste that is artfully balanced to perfectly complement a variety of dishes. And, unlike other pasta sauce brands, VERO GUSTO is made with tomato pulp, no added water or tomato paste, for a like-homemade sauce texture your whole family will love. VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce is made in Parma, Italy with peperoncino grown in the Calabria region of Italy. Calabrian pepper is a bright, aromatic pepper cultivated in Calabria—a region where the Mediterranean climate is ideal for it to flourish and develop a deeper flavorful spice and smoky fruit notes for a sauce unlike any other. Like all VERO GUSTO pasta sauces, VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce is Non-GMO Project Verified and contains no artificial ingredients, no added sugar, no added water, no tomato paste and no citric acid. Try VERO GUSTO today and see what masterpieces you can create!

VERO GUSTO PASTA SAUCE - A true Italian pasta sauce made with Italian-grown ingredients—nothing artificial—slowly simmered for an artfully balanced taste; MADE IN PARMA, ITALY - VERO GUSTO Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce is made in Parma, Italy with Calabrian peperoncino grown in Calabria for a delicious and true taste of Italy; CRAVEABLE HOMEMADE TEXTURE - Made with 100% Italian tomato pulp—no added water, no tomato paste—for a classic, crushed homemade texture everyone will crave; ARTFULLY BALANCED TASTE - A sauté start and slow simmer finish achieves a deeper, more balanced flavor perfect for any pasta dish; TRUE INGREDIENTS - Compared to other brands of red pasta sauce, spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce, VERO GUSTO pasta sauce by BARILLA is Non-GMO Project Verified and contains no artificial ingredients, no added sugar, no added water and no tomato paste; Ingredients - Italian Tomato Pulp, Red Peppers, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Onions, Garlic, Sea Salt, Parsley, Calabrian Chili Pepper.

From 1 (not hot) to 10 (hottest), what is the spice level on this sauce ?
Where can this be bought?
Thanks for considering my question. Which is: Have you any new flavor varieties in the making to add on to your Barilla Vero Gusto Sauce Line? I should love to experience a Garlicky one!
Start your review of VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce!
Brooke M.
Haslet, TX
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Brooke M.
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Brooke M.
Made sausage and peppers with penne and this sauce. Outstanding flavor combination! It really added that extra zing of light spice to the dish. I’m excited to find other dishes to incorporate this sauce variety. Will definitely be keeping this sauce in rotation. I also absolutely love the packaging as is not as wide and cumbersome as other sauces.
Brea T.
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Brea T.
I like the level of spice this pasta sauce offers. Definitely enjoyed this one more than the tomato basil. A little on the oiler side for a pasta sauce, but it was pretty tasty.
Baylee W.
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Baylee W.
I love that this has some heat to it. It's great with a good thin spaghetti. I add ground beef to make a meat sauce. This is now a pantry staple
Rim A.
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Rim A.
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Rim A.
It's a fresh, light, delicious and so fragrant. I could easily taste the chilli. I had it with pasta and it was perfectly delightful. Very easy to use and cute ur cooking time in half. I highly recommend it.
Shannon L.
Susquehanna, PA
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Shannon L.
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Shannon L.
I thought by looking at this that it would be quite spicy but it wasn’t. I’m not a huge fan of spicy food so I’m glad it wasn’t spicy. However it didn’t have as much flavor as I expected either. It was good but definitely could have something else to give it the oomph it needs.
PamelaLynn S.
HOUSTON, TX
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by PamelaLynn S.
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by PamelaLynn S.
I received a voucher for one free jar (my choice) of Barilla's Vero Gusto Sauce, from PINCHme, and redeemed it for their Calabrian Marinara flavor, at my local Walmart No. 01103. Barilla’s Vero Gusto says “True Taste” right on the Jar, and I absolutely agree! Their Calabrian Marinara Sauce tastes very close to homemade, even prepared with the same items/methods I use to make my sauces from scratch. This boldly fresh sauce is a tad thinner/smoother than I would like. However, the on-point taste is truly delish! I love the short seven ingredient list. I really like the color-scheme of the festive label, sturdy glass jar and already have plans for repurposing it, as well as the lid. I will purchase Barilla’s Vero Gusto Calabrian Marinara Sauce again and try the other tempting sauce flavors. Although they are pricey, I have and will continue to recommend this healthier simply scrumptious sauce to my family, friends and anyone curious about new Vero Gusto Calabrian Marinara Sauce from Barilla.
Alexandria K.
Melbourne, FL
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Alexandria K.
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Alexandria K.
I received this through influencer for no charge in exchange for an honest review. My little one is a very picky eater and is very textured sensitive with food. when I received this I added this into the instant pot along with some chicken and had it simmer It infused into the chicken absolutely amazing when it took the chicken out All I did was melt some parmesan over it and then place it over pasta with the remaining sauce. My very picky 7-year-old ate every single bite and asked for seconds. This is becoming a new staple in our house and I will keep it in the capital times.
Chere H.
Pawhuska, OK
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Chere H.
I made the Rigatoni With Italian Sausage Mushroom Ragout & it was so yummy! The sauce has an amazing Italian taste, it’s not spicy hot but has a great warm blend of spices! It would go great with any pasta or meat! I loved it!
Anjie O.
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Anjie O.
I made stuffed poblano and Anaheim peppers. l used black beans, corn, caramelized onions, diced tomatoes, and the calabrian pasta sauce. Topped it off with cheese.... simply amazing. I love that I can build around the flavor of the sauce and make it my own.
Angela K.
Spencer, WI
VERO GUSTO BY BARILLA Calabrian Marinara Pasta Sauce uploaded by Angela K.
I was taught to make homemade sauce by my grandma. (Along with growing and picking tomatoes.) Therefore, I have high expectations for sauce. I am impressed with this product and would recommend it to others. If you have ever had the opportunity to make or try homemade marinara sauce you can taste difference. This sauce has the taste of fresh from the garden tomatoes. 🍅 The smell is amazing combined with the taste. Yum! Also, I love look of the jar. There were some comments made about the sauce having some spice. I don’t get that sense at all from this but, I am accustomed to eating food with spice. My palette is not as sensitive to spices as others. I received the Vero Gusto Cambrian sauce #complimentary from @VeroGusto and @Influenster in exchange for my honest review of their product. #Barilla #complimentary #fresh #spaghetti #tasteslikehomemade #VeroGusto @VeroGustoSauce @influenster