Verizon  Redbox Instant uploaded by Ceasar P.Verizon  Redbox Instant uploaded by Ceasar P.Verizon  Redbox Instant uploaded by Ceasar P.
Verizon  Redbox Instant

Verizon Redbox Instant

BY VERIZON WIRELESS

Users can rent and purchase movies instantly without a subscription, reserve movies at The Rebox kiosk, and bookmark their favorite titles. see more...

Verizon  Redbox Instant
Verizon Redbox Instant
  • "You can sign up for 1-month FREE TRIAL of the service BUT you have to enter your credit card info at sign-up which also allows you to purchase as well as rent movies digitally without a subscription, including the new releases." in 9 reviews
  • "Any new movie that I want to see that's been released and I don't want to pay full price for is right there and easy to access. " in 7 reviews
  • "The movie selection isn't that awesome but it's better than nothing and has different movies than Netflix! " in 7 reviews
  • "I tried this out for a month the only thing I liked is that you get 4 free rentals but everything that's on there to watch is a very little selection and the movies are not great at all" in 7 reviews
  • "The website I am not a fan of but however I do like the stands in the store they seem to have way more new ones than online and by far newer movies than netflix." in 7 reviews
Erica H.
Pop Culture Expert
They NEVER have the movie we want on the rare occasion when we want to actually get a redbox movie!!! I only really try to use these now if we have a free coupon from Mcdonalds!
Suzi H.
San Jose, CA
Redbox was very easy to sign up for, and the fact that you can have both their streaming service and four physical rentals for $8 a month is a pretty sweet deal. I looked forward to trying the service out.

As I browsed the subscription listings, I was pleased to see several older movies like "Fiddler on the Roof" (classic musical), "Secret Window" (Johnny Depp) or "Samaritan Girl" (older foreign movie) which are not available for streaming on Netflix. The new movie selection seemed about on par with Netflix's offerings - in fact, I noticed that two of the newest additions, "Hansel & Gretel" and "Jack Reacher" had hit both Redbox and Netflix at the same time. Then I started browsing for TV shows on Redbox, and hit the first snag: Redbox doesn't seem to have any.

This, to me, is a huge flaw in the service. My husband likes to stream his way through multiple seasons of a TV show while he's working. Movies require too much attention, he says, but re-watching shows he saw a few years before work perfectly as background entertainment. He is not be interested in a streaming service that only offers movies.

I do like that we can go to any Redbox kiosk and pick up some new releases each month! Sometimes you want to see a newer movie but you don't want to wait for Netflix to ship it. So that bonus will be really handy since there are several kiosks in the area I live.

The four monthly kiosk DVDs and hard-to-find older movies make this a tempting service, but the lack of television series means that for my family, Redbox wouldn't work as our only service. We would only get it to supplement services like Netflix or Amazon Prime.
DAsia W.
Gulfport, MS
RedBox Instant is similar to the Netflix service. RedBox instant is a service for only $8 a month, you get 4 DVD credits at the kiosk every month plus movies you can stream instantly. You can sign up for 1-month FREE TRIAL of the service BUT you have to enter your credit card info at sign-up which also allows you to purchase as well as rent movies digitally without a subscription, including the new releases. You can browse Redbox locations and reserve movies at the box of your choice using the app. A few downfalls are that the Redbox Instant by Verizon app is limited to certain devices, but is not needed to stream content. The RedBox Instant stream works on most internet-connected devices, including smartphones (iPhone and Android), tablets, PlayStation 3, laptops, Xbox 360, Roku, and select Samsung and LG Smart TVs and Blu-ray players. The best part is you don’t have to be a Verizon customer to sign up for the service, BUT you do need high-speed internet access to use it. There isn't a great variety of instant stream movies and no TV series. The movies selections are movies you would see on AMC channel. I ONLY liked the 4 credits and that you can reserve movies guaranteeing they will be there. All and all, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME NOR MONEY TO SIGN UP!!! ITS CRAP!!!!
Christine P.
Tucson, AZ
So I got a free 30 day trial for the Redbox Instant. Which not only gives you unlimited video streaming but 3 movie rentals from the kiosks a month for $9.99. This is a ok service. My only complaint is that they don't get brand new releases right away online or at the kiosks. This bummed me out. They don't have a real great selection of movies to stream online if you are looking for anything real new to watch. It's more older stuff. And, you usually have to wait a couple weeks after initial release before a movie is available at the kiosk. For this reason I cancelled my membership after the initial 30 day trial.
Mikayla W.
Pop Culture Expert
I really thought I would love the Redbox Instant because I love renting movies from Redbox. Boy was I wrong. A lot of the movies they have for instant streaming are old, outdated, or flat out bad. Low quality independent films are up there and it takes forever to find one movie that even looks semi-decent. If you want to watch a newer movie that they have available to rent via instant-streaming it's going to cost you $4.99 and they don't have the movie in their Kiosk. Needless to say, I am canceling this subscription as it really isn't worth it. The only thing I liked were the 4 free movie rental codes it comes with.
Lori O.
New Albany, IN
Redbox Instant is probably the weakest of the mainstream streaming services on the market right now. Movies load fast, but there aren't a lot of new selections to choose from. Most of the the films are at least a year or two old, if not older, and there are no TV shows available at all. With your $7 a month fee, you are given 4 free Redbox movie codes to use at kiosks, which is great, but you'd pay less than that to just rent 4 movies from a kiosk in the first place. If you're a lover of older films, it's great for you, but for the average consumer, Redbox Instant needs some work.
Jessica R.
Lakewood, CA
I love that with redbox you can make a quick run 24 hours a day to pick up a movie or two. Even more helpful is the option to reserve the film of your choice online. It really is hassle free.

I find it a hit frustrating that other movie rental locations have the new releases much sooner than redbox. It is also frustrating that is you rent 4 or 5 films they don't allow an extra day.

It is helpful to know that any film you wish to see...if you contact them they will add to your local redbox. So when renting be on your toes for the old films that are in stock and may seem new!
Samantha S.
Pop Culture Expert
I'm sure this is ideal for some people. Compared to Netflix and Hulu it doesn't match up. I'd rather pay more for the Netflix streaming + DVD service. I'd even prefer to pay more for those two services and the occasional 1.50 or 3.00 for one or two newer movies a month from Redbox.

The content selection isn't great. There was a lot of straight up crap on there.

On the upside, if they ever did get their content up to par with Netflix I'd switch in a heartbeat. It was easy to use, simple to get your free discs, and I didn't have any issue with the streaming.
Tunisia H.
Henrico, VA
I've recently started using Redbox with my bf and I love it. It's only $1.50 to rent DVD (Blu-ray, I think the standard DVD price is $1 or $1.25) and the have lots of new movies that have just been in theaters. The only downside I could say is once you get addicted, especially when you're watching up to 3 movies a night like we do, you go through the movies quite fast and have to wait for new releases.
Shanta B.
Fayetteville, NC
The included instant streaming selection is horrible. Every movie is from before CGI was used....or later. When you think you've finally found something good to stream they tell you that you have to pay an additional 3.99 to stream that title. Really? Why is paid streaming mixed in with subscription streaming? Why isn't there a higher paid plan that includes both or why isn't everything included? They only plus about Red instant if the free codes for movies at the box. They don't even have the awesome original programming like Netflix.
Heidi H.
West Plains, MO
Is this worth getting?
Melissa S.
Racine, WI
What do people like about this?
Lindsey W.
How can I ensure that the movies I want will be there? They're always sold out!
Lauren N.
Hoover, AL
Does anyone know when this service will be available for PS3? I'd love to give it a try, especially since they offer the 4 free Kiosk rentals a month with the standard service, but so far, we cant. Thanks!
Heather R.
Meadowview, Va
How much is this for a month? Also is there a big movie selection?