BY VERIZON WIRELESS #1 in Cable Providers

With off the chart internet speeds, picture perfect TV and HD-quality digital voice, your life just gets better with FiOS. Now with the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network, Verizon delivers the future of communications, broadband, and entertainment services. see more...

• How difficult is it to cancel with Verizon Fios? 5 Answers
  • Verizon Fios is not in my area and I have been using Comcast for ...3 Answers
  • Why is Fios not available in all areas?5 Answers
Verizon Fios
  • "The speeds are wonderful, we rarely have problems and the times we do the customer service was quick to fix the problem and very nice. " in 15 reviews
Nakesia F.
Chesapeake, VA
Let me tell you I was so so so so excited about switching to Verizon Fios from Cox when we moved to our new house. I had heard so many great things about them and just felt like I knew that they would have the best internet service.
I signed up online and the sales lady was wonderful (like they normally are). I signed up for the Verizon Triple Play which includes Home Phone, a custom TV Package, and the supposed SUPER FAST Gigabit Internet. I was also given free HBO for to years. After my package cost plus taxes and fees my monthly bill is about $114.
The pros in my opinion are the price lock for 36 months and the affordability of the package. I also thought the free HBO for two years was also an attractive offer. My bill with Cox was way higher for this amount of services and it fluctuates often. I have had Verizon for a few months now and my bills have been the same consistently which is great.
THE CONS!! First thing, THE INTERNET SPEED SUCKS!! I was told that the gigabyte speed is the best thing smoking and that I would be so amazed. What I'm amazed by is how bad it is. I NEVER had these issues with Cox. I explained to the sales rep that we use a lot of devices in my house and she assured me that this would be perfect for me. When connected our phones are slow, our laptops are slow, my Amazon Firestick buffers, everything is just slow! I contacted customer service and my second con is how uncaring they are. The woman tried to convince me that my devices were the problem because "nobody else complains." Also I found out that info about the gigabit connection was not disclosed when I signed up. The sales rep did not tell me that the connection only operates its fastest possible speed through a wired connection. The rep was well aware that we use all of our devices wirelessly. That left me feeling deceived. After months there has been no resolve. I would not recommend.
Mary S.
Hightstown, NJ
I have used other providers in the past and Verizon is by far the best out there they have the most selection of channels the internet speed is quick and the customer service is great they also offer a rewards program you get the most for your money with Verizon
Gabriele V.
Tewksbury , MA
During our move we registered for Verizon Fios. I have been a Comcast customer my whole life, so this was new to me. Their customer service was very nice and accommodating. However, I'm not hugely impressed by their service. First, what's with all of the pop ups when watching TV? Every time I turn on the box, I'm getting an advertisement. I can't figure out how to shut that off, plus it takes me to some menu screen to buy some movies or shows I don't care about. Take me to my last program, please! The internet connection is definitely slower and spotty. I can only use it in certain parts of the house and it goes out at least twice a day. Good luck streaming movies!! Pros? Well, we get most of the soccer games without paying for a package. Since we're big soccer fans and the dogs love the white noise, Verizon, you get 4 stars instead of 3.
DIANE C.
NORTH PROVIDENCE
I love my fios the onlt thing it takes forever to get customer service on the phone ,they have batterey back up in case you loose electrcity that last for a day which i think is grate ,tv picture is always great quality,internet spped is always at the precibed order,I have had other cable providers and this by far is one of the best.
Khaliah V.
Over two years ago, we made the switch from Comcast to Verizon Fios as we received a flyer in the mail for all NEW customers with Verizon Fios, you receive a bundle deal and a $400.00 visa gift card. Well from day one, the experience we received with this company has been extremely unprofessional! First, we NEVER RECEIVED OUR GIFT CARD. We made several attempts to have this sent to us and NO ONE EVER SENT IT TO US!

Secondly, someone obtained our account information in Boston, when we live in NJ and was ordering movies to our account. We were never notified from Verizon of this being done. We found out from attempting to order a movie one night and were told that we were not able to as there are restrictions on our account. After 2 to 3 hours on the phone with customer service and the fraud department this matter was still NOT fixed! It took over 1 1/2 years and several calls on our end to have this fixed. Each time we have tried to reach someone in customer service we are on hold for at least 25 to 30 mins and then the person tells us they cannot help us and to call another department. Only to call that department and find out they are CLOSED!

The last encounter we had was just the other night, when received notification that our payment had not been received yet, when we mailed out our payment 30 days prior to it being due. So we called to make sure they were aware of the check number and the date the check was sent. Well, the gentleman who answered could not understand what we were saying and kept cutting us off. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told I was being transferred only to be transferred to the main number and be told that their department is CLOSED! Needless to say, this matter was never addressed. Mind you, it was only 8pm at night. Another attempt was made the following day and again we were on hold for 25mins and were disconnected! THIS COMPANY IS THE WORSE. THEY ARE EXTREMELY RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND HAVE NO SENSE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Erin D.
Clarksburg, MD
I've been a Fios customer for 4yrs now. You can't beat the cost for cable/internet/landline anywhere in MD. Installation can take time to set up but I haven't had an issue since. You get tons of channels, great internet speed and can keep your phone #. Worth every penny!
April P.
Raritan , NJ
Techie Expert Level 1
Not a fan. Too expensive. You pay a lot of money and don't get hardly any channels. And you have to choose different channel packages, and if there is a channel that you want but it's in a different package, you have to choose the whole package. Not worth it to me. Deals are great in the beginning. But once your year is up, plan to pay a lot more for A LOT less.
Nicole C.
Manassas, VA
I've had Verizon Fios for over a year now and I've had to call tech support a number of times and they've even had to send someone out to my place a couple of times. It can be annoying to do all that and have your service down in the meantime but I don't feel like it's too pricey and I love having on demand. Maybe the network is wonky because I live in a condo, I'm not sure
Nancy D.
While I am content with Verizon ... I find that their customer service is HORRIFIC!!! I am not truly happy with any carriers customer service but I find Verizons to be awful. I also find that they overcharge me quite often for things that are not accurate. I feel that I am calling them and on hold with them WAY more often than I Should be....
Christy W.
We have had fios for about 4 years now, and loved it compared to the alternative (comcast). They would have got 5 stars - customer service is great, if you are loyal, so are they. the channels are pretty good, although I thi k they include more programming channels than directv ūüėĎ

The reason they did not get 5 stars is because since I moved again, my Wi-Fi has gone in and out every day about every hour we have to reset it from the box. I contacted tech support, and after messing with it for about 20 minutes, the guy left chat, stopped the remote connection we had established, and that was it. he was done trying ... a few days later ... I got a new router in the mail .. nothing attached - no explanation - no just give us a call and we will activate and walk you thru this ... nothing. kind of felt like I was dealing with China ... except they actually sent me a replacement ūüėľ

& they only add one new movie a mo .. but leave the same stuff on their premium channels, Worse than Netflix!
Jessica G.
Philadelphia, PA
Why is Fios not available in all areas?
Ashley C.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Techie Expert Level 2
How difficult is it to cancel with Verizon Fios?
Lezley M.
Mount Laurel, NJ
Verizon Fios is not in my area and I have been using Comcast for years, I recently downgraded my plan because packages were too expensive. When will Fios be avialiable everywhere
Lorna R.
Techie Expert Level 4
If this is costly and has good quality but to much? What is the next best thing?