BY VERIZON WIRELESS #1 in Cable Providers

With off the chart internet speeds, picture perfect TV and HD-quality digital voice, your life just gets better with FiOS. Now with the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network, Verizon delivers the future of communications, broadband, and entertainment services. see more...

• How difficult is it to cancel with Verizon Fios? 5 Answers
  • Verizon Fios is not in my area and I have been using Comcast for ye...3 Answers
  • Why is Fios not available in all areas?5 Answers
Verizon Fios
  • "The speeds are wonderful, we rarely have problems and the times we do the customer service was quick to fix the problem and very nice. " in 15 reviews
Khaliah V.
Khaliah V.
Over two years ago, we made the switch from Comcast to Verizon Fios as we received a flyer in the mail for all NEW customers with Verizon Fios, you receive a bundle deal and a $400.00 visa gift card. Well from day one, the experience we received with this company has been extremely unprofessional! First, we NEVER RECEIVED OUR GIFT CARD. We made several attempts to have this sent to us and NO ONE EVER SENT IT TO US!

Secondly, someone obtained our account information in Boston, when we live in NJ and was ordering movies to our account. We were never notified from Verizon of this being done. We found out from attempting to order a movie one night and were told that we were not able to as there are restrictions on our account. After 2 to 3 hours on the phone with customer service and the fraud department this matter was still NOT fixed! It took over 1 1/2 years and several calls on our end to have this fixed. Each time we have tried to reach someone in customer service we are on hold for at least 25 to 30 mins and then the person tells us they cannot help us and to call another department. Only to call that department and find out they are CLOSED!

The last encounter we had was just the other night, when received notification that our payment had not been received yet, when we mailed out our payment 30 days prior to it being due. So we called to make sure they were aware of the check number and the date the check was sent. Well, the gentleman who answered could not understand what we were saying and kept cutting us off. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told I was being transferred only to be transferred to the main number and be told that their department is CLOSED! Needless to say, this matter was never addressed. Mind you, it was only 8pm at night. Another attempt was made the following day and again we were on hold for 25mins and were disconnected! THIS COMPANY IS THE WORSE. THEY ARE EXTREMELY RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND HAVE NO SENSE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Steve L.
Steve L.
Great Neck, NY
The service itself gets 5 stars. Actually if there were 10 stars I'd give it to them. There is no substitute for Fiber Optics.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the customer service. I can't stand the way that you're always guessing whether you're getting the best pricing--they make the pricing so confusing to understand that you always have a feeling you're getting cheated.

The pricing also is prohibitively expensive. I don't know why I pay for so many channels I don't watch. While Verizon has started to allow certain a-la-carte options, they still are extremely limiting. It's as if they don't even think about what consumers want and just come up with ways that they can bilk the consumer without the consumer knowing.

I will probably be cutting off FIOS and sticking just to Netflix because of the pricing, which is a shame because otherwise the service is fantastic.
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
I love Verizon. I have been using it for 3 years. The service is excellent. I never experience problems or outages, but if I did ever have a question or concern they are easy to get a hold of. All of the equipment is easy to use and now days you can choose to install it yourself if your house is fios ready, instead of having a tech come and do it for you. The guy that installed our Verizon was so nice and helpful. He left his name and phone number if we had any questions after he left. The Verizon website is very easy to navigate and has FAQs and online bill pay. The only reason I do not give Verizon 5 stars is because the price is a little high, but it is pretty closely aligned to competitors. The price has went up a lot since I first signed up. Now I am in a contract but after that, if the price keeps rising, I don't know what I will do.
DIANA C.
DIANA C.
Nottingham, MD
I have not had many problems with Verizon per se. My problem is how crazy expensive it is. They charge you for installation. They charge a ridiculous amount monthly. They don't tell you when your "free options" are over and just charge you more. I wish that there were a way to get away from these companies but they have created a monopoly that leaves the consumer locked to them. I remember the days when cable started as a means of having more channels without commercial interruptions. Remember? The purpose of getting cable was to get away from commercials. Now we lose at least 20 minutes in an hour show. Even on Demand we are stuck with commercials. 30% of the cable shows are commercials. Lots and lots of them. You lose the trend of the show over them. Fios you are not alone. The rest of the cable companies stink the same way
Brooke I.
Brooke I.
WARRINGTON, PA
I have a love-hate relationship with Verizon. I love the fact that when the we have a storm or bad weather we normally always have cable unlike Comcast it always goes out. We've also never really had much problem with her phone during the storm unlike Comcast. Our internet has also always been really fast and I love it. For that reason I would never switch. However their billing department and their customer service is definitely lacking. They took away two of the channels that we really liked and said if we want them back we have to either change packages or pay an additional $15 a month which I didn't like. We got a lot of channels that we don't like and they won't let us take them away and add ones we do. Ever since their strike we have noticed things aren't as great but I am hopeful things will get better
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
Holmes, NY
I spent close to 2 years calling fios periodically to see if they planned service in our area, providing Comcast with some much-needed competition, so when they arrived I was thrilled and signed up as soon as I saw the trucks in the neighborhood. The Internet service had been excellent - we seldom watch live television, though we do have service, mainly we stream from Netflix, amazon prime and occasionally hulu and hbo go, and there's been no limit on the streaming, so we've no complaints. With the 2 year deal up we're paying more for our service than we had been, so I've been considering a switch if Comcast will be more competitive, but I've held off given my satisfaction with the Internet coverage. I would call myself very satisfied with the service, though paying more than I'd like.
Jackie P.
Jackie P.
Land o lakes, Fl
I really liked Verizon Fios - I say liked because here in Florida they sold us to a company name Frontier. And that is really upsetting. When you sign up with Verizon you are locked into a contract. And being sold over and having a company be horrible, bad customer service, not receiving full service, and being locked in, is horrible. I think they should of told us we were being sold and waive our contracts if we didn't want to stay with the new company. I didn't even know they were sold until I called to find out about a gift card and I couldn't reach a verizon rep - thru the automated machine I was told to contact Frontier because they were my new provider.

Service should be the same. But we were bought on April, is now July and I still don't have full On Demand access.
Melissa C.
Melissa C.
Techie Expert
Verizon is expensive and not worth it. They have the absolute worst customer service. I was expecting TV phone and Internet on a Wednesday. I changed my work schedule around because I needed to be there. Little did I know that they were going to call or show up. So I called and told Verizon what had happened. They sent me out a new schedule to wait the following day. Nobody showed again. My internet didn't work either. They said that Saturday someone WILL be out and they couldn't get them any earlier. I said that I expected someone Wednesday. Not Saturday. I was so furious. I'm so glad I no longer have to be charged over what anyone else pays and that I no longer have them as a service. I'd give no stars if that was an option. Try somewhere else. Save your time and money.
Allie L.
Allie L.
Alexandria, VA
I will be honest, in the beginning, I liked Verizon Fios. They gave us a great first year deal. We were able to get the channels we wanted, plus the internet package and paid a fair price. Once that promotion ran out, our bill hiked up about $30, plus every month we pay between $2-$10 for some regional sports network that we aren't signed up for but is a requirement to pay for if you want ANY sports channel at all in general across all plans. Its ridiculous, I have complained numerous times about this because i think it is a scam. Not too mention, our internet is spotty, the initial bandwidth we paid for got diluted and we had to 'ass' more which was again what I believe to be a scam from Verizon. We barely stream movies or music. Maybe 1 time a month if that...
Griselda B.
Griselda B.
Richmond Hill, NY
We've had Time Warner cable and Direct TV in the past, nothing compares to Fios! The programming content and pricing is similar on all three so I won't comment on that. Service is another story. The equipment at Time Warner cable is old and usually you will get a refurbished box that eventually will stop working. Customer service and billing there are horrendous. DirectTV is better, however if you live in an area that rains or snows a lot be prepared to have another form of entertainment on hand because you will love your satellite feed. Fios has been a dream, I have rarely had a problem with the equipment and customer service is outstanding. I am always satisfied with the outcome. I would highly recommend.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Poughkeepsie , NY
Techie Expert
How difficult is it to cancel with Verizon Fios?
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Philadelphia, PA
Why is Fios not available in all areas?
Lezley M.
Lezley M.
Mount Laurel, NJ
Verizon Fios is not in my area and I have been using Comcast for years, I recently downgraded my plan because packages were too expensive. When will Fios be avialiable everywhere
Lorna R.
Lorna R.
If this is costly and has good quality but to much? What is the next best thing?