Verizon  Droid Razr M  uploaded by Erica M.
Verizon  Droid Razr M

Verizon Droid Razr M

BY VERIZON #58 in Smartphones

• Can this device get any better?2 Answers
  • How can you retrieve pictures of your phone if the screen shatters?1 Answers
  • Is anyone else having issues with the Droid Razr? My friends will...6 Answers
Verizon  Droid Razr M
Verizon Droid Razr M
  • "Was an awesome phone with great battery life but once they did on update it wasn't comparable with my towers and I had to get a new phone." in 37 reviews
  • "I would even put it above the iPhone because it really is so well rounded and has a great battery life!" in 7 reviews
  • "This Droid Razr is a great phone but I have to say the app market doesn't compare to whats available on Iphone... thats too bad too! " in 7 reviews
  • "It's nice to look at, fast response and takes great pictures." in 3 reviews
Andrew M.
The price point on this phone made it decent to get but the hardware was subpar and it lagged pretty bad when multi tasking. It also did not have enough storage for all my media
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
I have had my corporate-issued Motorola Razr M for most of this year and for the most part I really like it. Verizon 4G coverage in my neighborhood is pretty minimal (2 bars at best) and yet I can make and take calls easily. Even video is continuous and clear (if I get closer to the windows). I like the form factor, weight, screen size and resolution and especially image clarity. Photos and video are very good. I don't have a case and instead just throw it in my pocket. I'm not going to get into a Droid vs. IOS discussion here, they both have their pros and cons. Not sure what the big deal is with the Kevlar rear surface though. I mean it feels ok and I guess if I'm ever going to have to deflect a speeding bullet I'm ready for it but other than that I don't understand the point. The battery can't be replaced but for me it's a non-issue (corporate will just issue me a new phone). Bluetooth connectivity to both Hyundai and Bose headset works great. The battery life was better at first and I guess is ok considering the technology. It helps to turn off Wifi when not really needed. I charge every night regardless and sometimes in the car if I've been talking alot.

My Razr M pros and cons would be:
Pros - size, weight, call clarity, screen resists scratching, durability (have dropped it a couple times onto hard flooring from ~3-4'), loud ringer, voice activated apps work well (especially the Google Maps Navigaton).
Cons - the side on-off button is easy to hit by mistake, the speakerphone could be louder, I wish there was a physical on/off ringer button. Would be nice if the charger port was on or near the top instead of the lower left side so that I could stand the phone up in my car's center console cubby space while charging. Can't see the screen at all in bright daylight, you'll need to seek shade.
Gladys A.
just upgraded to this from my Droid X (which is not a bad phone, either). First of all, when I saw that this phone was $50 to $150 less than many other new smartphones on the market I thought there was a significant trade-off. Well, after about 24 hours of VERY heavy usage and research I have yet to find one other than the lack of HDMI output--which I don't use. The design is very nice and the quality of the screen is beautiful. It took a little while getting used to the new OS features and settings, but only because I was coming off an older phone with Android v. 3. I love the ability to multi-task on this, by selecting from multiple screens, and that Chrome is installed as the default browser. Also, if you have an old X or Razr, your cords will work with this phone. Some of you may have known that, I was very happy to learn it. The camera is MUCH easier to use than the one on the X. There isn't as much of a lag when snapping photos, and the quality is pretty good for a smartphone. C'mon! If you want poster quality, get a digital camera! I have bluetooth in my car and the set-up on this phone was a breeze. No complaints on call quality either.

tracy b.
Hershey, PA
I liked the size and functionality of this phone when I initially got it. However I am on my second replacement phone in a year. My first one kept crashing and never held a charge. the battery died and went from 80% battery life to 5% in a matter of minutes. Verizon told me that perhaps I had a bum phone so I took a replacement of the same make and model. This replacement has lasted me quite a few months.

However late one night I awoke to a burning smell. Like a toaster with burning crumbs.....since I was in my room and didn't use any of my appliances, I knew this wasn't possible. I went to reach for my phone and it was SCALDING HOT! I couldn't even touch it.
I used another phone in the house to call verizon for instructions on what to do! They told me to place my phone in a "safe place" but not in water or the fridge or else I'd be liable for the "damage" if any occurred!
I placed my phone in an empty sink with no risk of water dripping on it and let it cool down. since the battery is built in, I could not remove it (the tech told me the battery was likely the cause for the overheating). it took me at least 24 hours to try to get my phone back on to get my info from the memory and transfer to the cloud. Then it was a nightmare even still to retrieve the info.
UGH. worst phone ever. do not recommend! A serious safety issue in my opinion too!!!
Siobhan R.
Tinley Park, IL
My husband got this phone for me & i have to say i love it more than any other phone I've ever had. It is a big phone but its slim & compact so it fits nice in my purse.
It has lots of storage & great for DL apps from the playstore. A great thing i love about it cos it had a bigger screen i can watch movies while i travel, there is an app called Crackle where you can watch movies & TV shows for free.

The camera is awesome & you can also record videos.
It has a fast 4G network for on the go internet & i love that you can Swype when texting or writing online Facebook etc...Swype lets you use your finger to spell the word instead of typing every letter individuallyso much easier & takes much less time than typing....i love this phone it does everything i need & everything creative that i love.I also got a pink otter box for mine so if it falls it won't break.
Samantha Y.
Easton, PA
I bought this phone partly for the great battery life and partly for how small it is. It's great in both areas! The screen is responsive and clear (although it's not the latest and greatest technology) and it's quite customizable despite not having stock Android. Call quality is decent, not too bad and not too great. I wish it came with less bloatware, which can't be uninstalled but can be 'deactivated.' Also, although you can add an SD card, apps all go onto the phone's internal memory, which doesn't have a ton of space. I'm not a major app user, though, so I don't mind. The one thing I dislike about this phone is its camera. It's ok quality, but it lags a lot. Considering how great smartphone technology is right now, I'd expected something a little better.
Chelsea K.
Curtice, OH
I've had this phone for about a year and I do like it for the most part. I had the Samsung Stratosphere before and it absolutely was horrible. This is so much better, and I'm happy I chose it. For me, the battery doesn't last very long but it's probably because i have a lot of apps on it and I use them often. It's understandable. Having a lot of apps on your phone also makes it run a little slower, which is also understandable. As a whole though, it's way better than the Stratosphere. The Camera is decent, I would definitely rather have it better but it's doable. I have not had any problems with this phone since a year ago when I first bought it. I had a million problems with the Stratosphere so this phone is a breath of fresh air.
Kat F.
Cliffwood , NJ
I got this phone as a free upgrade to my Droid Incredible 2 after my Incredible was rendered obsolete, and I was pleasantly surprised! The startup is phenomenal, even loaded with apps, the camera gives me surprisingly great photos, despite missing some simple photo control options, and it lasts me at least through the day!

But, as I found out when finally using it during a busy travel week, that the call quality is... lacking. Its often too quiet for me to understand whoever I am speaking to on the phone if I'm in a public/busy place. A disappointment.
But for everything else its great! I would recommend it to heavy social networkers and texters, not so much if you're planning on using it for solely calling folks.
Brittany W.
Lancaster, CA
I got this phone as an upgrade from an iphone 3gs. As an upgrade I think the best thing about this phone is it's size. All around it just fits nicely. I'm not a fan of large phones, and yet I didn't really like the smallish display on the 3gs. This phone's physical size is very little more, but the display somehow seems much more usable. It has great service, and good performance. The call quality is good, and the only disappointment was the battery life. Somehow I didn't get the great battery life that others were trumpeting. It will last a day, that's it
Danielle C.
Everett, WA
The screen is clear and vibrant, choosing a background is hard from your own loaded backgrounds or the ones already on the phone! Beautiful colors and takes great pictures. Thin, but has a little weight to it. Has all the great apps that are offered through the droid phones! the 4G is pretty fast, and if you're with Verizon your coverage should be fantastic! Long battery life, but that always starts to run down after a while. Would suggest always getting the extended battery. also being Motorola it can only use motorola chargers and they can be damaged easily unfortunately cause this phone is awesome! Motorola's are great phones, not to mention the Gorilla Glass screen, which are scratch resistant and hard to crack!
Connie F.
Talladega, AL
Have you tried a Verizon Droid?
Tabatha C.
Hermon, ME
Is anyone else having issues with the Droid Razr? My friends will tag me in pictures or posts on facebook and most of the time I do not get the alerts until weeks after (if at all).
Chantella V.
Atlanta, GA
How is the camera and do it hold a lot of space for things like pictires and music?
Connie F.
Talladega, AL
Do you enjoy playing games on your Droid?
Ali W.
Bellevue, WA
How does the Droid Razr M compare with the iPhone? What is your preference?