BY VERA MONA

What it is: It is an essential tool that is extremely helpful while doing multiple jobs or different looks. Simply glide the eye shadow brush against the unique Solo sponge to completely remove eyeshadow color. What it does: Color Switch Solo allows the makeup artist to quickly and efficiently switch between colors on your eyeshadow brushes. What else you need to know: The Solo sponge can be used on either side and can be washed or replaced with a refill pack. Discontinue use of product if irritation occurs on eyes or skin. see more...

• Does anyone know how to clean this? Vera Mona Color Switch Solo1 Answers
  • Interesting concept. Is it worth it? Better results than just using...1 Answers
  • Interesting concept. Is it worth it? Better resul...Be the first to answer!
Miss C.
Miss C.
Los Fresnos, TX
Tired of using so many brushes from one look? This its a must have item. You can instantly switch colors without having to change your brush
Wendie W.
Wendie W.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
By far my favorite brush cleaner! Vera Mona Color Switch Solo brush cleaner by Sephora is AMAZING!! I can easily switch between different palettes and colors with OUT having to use a different brush! Inside the tin is a type of almost sponge/mesh material that truly cleans ALL the product off with OUT leaving my brushes dripping wet! I bought this for $12 on Sephora.com and highly recommend to everyone when you may be in a hurry or can't find another brush! This does NOT take the place of a good weekly disinfecting and sanitizing but definitely works well in those quick situations!!! 5 stars and a DEFINITE re-purchase!!
Janna F.
Janna F.
I really love this little thing!!! It comes in handy so much. I honestly didn't expect it to work and I was so surprised when it did. It completely cleans the shadow off of my brushes so I can then go into a different eye shadow immediately after.
Shawna G.
Shawna G.
I love this little guy. Its super convenient and it's very easy to use the same brush for multiple colors for your look. It does pull of the color quite well. A little expensive for a sponge in a tin, but I thought it was well worth it.
Bradlee H.
Bradlee H.
Whoever invented this is a genius and deserves an award! I got this product from sephora and I use it every time I do my makeup. Even when I don't need it to switch colors, it's a nice way to clean up your brushes real quick! It's an easy concept to grasp and the sponge is easy to take out and clean as well. If you don't have this product yet you need it!!!
Biannett C.
Biannett C.
Paterson, NJ
I love how effective this is! Just a little brush and it takes off all the extra color on a brush to make makeup application so much easier.
Taryn M.
Taryn M.
I like this because it works. It's easy to switch between colors even if you haven't washed your brush. Depending on bristle color, sometimes it will look like it isn't clean but I haven't found any product to come off the brunch once I use this. It stripped the micro-glitter off of my highlight brush, and everyone knows once something has a speck of glitter on it, that glitter will be there forever.
Mina F.
Mina F.
Chicopee , MA
This is a great investment! It's not that expensive but you might see it and ask yourself if you need this: if you use more than one shade of eyeshadow you do need this in your life! Yes, you could cut up a hair donut and stick it in a tin if you want but I really think this sponge is much coarser than any hair donut. This is my sponge after 7 months of heavy use, it doesn't really get dirty since you just run it under water once or twice a year and that's good enough :)
crmn m.
crmn m.
I bought this at Sephora when it first came out and it is a serious life saver! I use it when I'm doing different eye looks and need to use the same brushes for more than one color. It is super easy to wash and dry and just constantly reuse. If you want to try this but don't want to spend the money on it I've seen affordable dupes at TJ MAXX & Marshall's they have off brand ones for $4-5 and work just as well. My sister has one and I bought my friend one.
Daisyna K.
Daisyna K.
Does this product actually work? YES!

This neat tool really does remove powder products from your brush, whether it be eyeshadow, blush, highlight, etc.

Honestly it doesn't take much for these to clean off the powders from brushes.

It doesn't ruin your brushes what so ever... unless you're just jamming your brush and moving it around like crazy.

I like that this product really helps me switch from using a black eyeshadow to a white eyeshadow super easily without leaving a trace of the previously used eyeshadow.

This DOES NOT replace washing your brush! It simply helps you save on brushes so you don't have to go back and forth with 20 of the same brushes for one look. It makes the whole process so much easier, plus you save on paper towels or whatever you use to normally wipe off powders.

I guess $17 for this product does seem a bit pricey, but in the long run you save on having to use paper towels or cloths and you especially save on having to buy a bunch of brushes.
Plus, most importantly, you'll save on the time it takes to have to wash all the millions of brushes you used for one makeup look instead of just using a couple of brushes for your whole face.

Definitely a cool tool to keep around, and it was super easy to wash... just run it under soap and water and it's cleaned up completely in less than a minute. (This I found super convent). Once you wash it, leave it out of the purple tin container so it can dry faster (Mine gets completely dry in no more than 10 minutes)

I know that having a tool like this isn't always convent for everyone, which is great that this wouldn't really be an issue. Vera Mona also has the "Color Switch ProBand," which is basically the same thing except it goes on your arm for more convenience.

Honestly, this whole review sounds more like an add than an actual review... but quite honestly this is one product that really blows me away and I would ABSOLUTELY recommend it.

NOTE:
Red-pink eyeshadow shades tend to stain brushes tip you thoroughly clean them, so you may see the bristles of your brush still red/pink even after using the Color Switch.
This product does not replace actually washing your brushes!
The actual black spongey part does need to be washed every so often that you use it (Be sure to always keep it clean!)
Lindsey L.
Lindsey L.
Middletown, CT
I recently received a Vera Mona brush from my monthly ipsy box. I feel like it's good quality. Is this a good product to invest in? Does this really get all of the product off? Would this allow me to save money buying tons of brushes?
Kaileigh S.
Kaileigh S.
Prt Washingtn, WI
What are your thoughts on this if you've tried it?
Elizabeth P.
Elizabeth P.
Fairfield , OH
Does this actually work?
Becca G.
Becca G.
Westfield , NJ
To all my friends who have this, how do you clean it when it gets dirty?!
Kelsey L.
Kelsey L.
Griffin, GA
I've never used anything like this but now I really want to try one!! Is this a brand you'd recommend or should I look for a different one? I received a brush in my ipsy bag from this brand and I really liked it!