BY VERA MONA

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

What it is: It is an essential tool that is extremely helpful while doing multiple jobs or different looks. Simply glide the eye shadow brush against the unique Solo sponge to completely remove eyeshadow color. What it does: Color Switch Solo allows the makeup artist to quickly and efficiently switch between colors on your eyeshadow brushes. What else you need to know: The Solo sponge can be used on either side and can be washed or replaced with a refill pack. Discontinue use of product if irritation occurs on eyes or skin. see more...

Buy on Sephora*
Angelica W.
N Plainfield, NJ
This is a GAME CHANGER!!!!!!! I am obsessed with cleaning my brushes but this allows you to use the same brush several times before needed a deep clean. Now I can clean my brushes every week versus every use! Of course I'm talking about my personal use brushes not clients. If for clients I clean every use! I can't imagine living without this product ever! Please give it a try and you too will never turn back!
Aubrey P.
Absolutely worth it! I play with a wide range of colors and I don't like to waste time cleaning a bright color off before going back to pack on a lighter shade. This allows you to easily get the unused product off the brush before using the next color or going back to buff out or blend that eye look you've been creating. You don't need to wash your personal brushes as frequently if you have one of these bad boys!!
Marissa H.
Queensbury, NY
Do I think this thing is worth $14? No. I think you could buy a sponge and cut it out in a circle shape and stick it in a tin and it would be the same thing. However, I still bought this and do use it every day. It works really well at getting off excess eyeshadow so you can transition between shades. Comes in handy especially if you don't have a lot of blending brushes.
Bradlee H.
Whoever invented this is a genius and deserves an award! I got this product from sephora and I use it every time I do my makeup. Even when I don't need it to switch colors, it's a nice way to clean up your brushes real quick! It's an easy concept to grasp and the sponge is easy to take out and clean as well. If you don't have this product yet you need it!!!
Veronica A.
Is a must have. I've been using for over two years and I can say it really works. I take it when I go on vacation or weekend getaways to minimize the brushes I take. Is also easy to clean. I 100% recommend. I'm thinking on buying one more so.i have one for eye brushes and one for face.
Influenster M.
I honestly think you should save your $18 and buy a bottle of brush cleaner. I would much rather have a good hygienic clean, than one that seems a bit dodgy. I tired it for 3 days and sent it back. I was not super impressed. If it worked for you great. I would rather pass on this one.
daisy d.
Does this product actually work? YES!

This neat tool really does remove powder products from your brush, whether it be eyeshadow, blush, highlight, etc.

Honestly it doesn't take much for these to clean off the powders from brushes.

It doesn't ruin your brushes what so ever... unless you're just jamming your brush and moving it around like crazy.

I like that this product really helps me switch from using a black eyeshadow to a white eyeshadow super easily without leaving a trace of the previously used eyeshadow.

This DOES NOT replace washing your brush! It simply helps you save on brushes so you don't have to go back and forth with 20 of the same brushes for one look. It makes the whole process so much easier, plus you save on paper towels or whatever you use to normally wipe off powders.

I guess $17 for this product does seem a bit pricey, but in the long run you save on having to use paper towels or cloths and you especially save on having to buy a bunch of brushes.
Plus, most importantly, you'll save on the time it takes to have to wash all the millions of brushes you used for one makeup look instead of just using a couple of brushes for your whole face.

Definitely a cool tool to keep around, and it was super easy to wash... just run it under soap and water and it's cleaned up completely in less than a minute. (This I found super convent). Once you wash it, leave it out of the purple tin container so it can dry faster (Mine gets completely dry in no more than 10 minutes)

I know that having a tool like this isn't always convent for everyone, which is great that this wouldn't really be an issue. Vera Mona also has the "Color Switch ProBand," which is basically the same thing except it goes on your arm for more convenience.

Honestly, this whole review sounds more like an add than an actual review... but quite honestly this is one product that really blows me away and I would ABSOLUTELY recommend it.

NOTE:
Red-pink eyeshadow shades tend to stain brushes tip you thoroughly clean them, so you may see the bristles of your brush still red/pink even after using the Color Switch.
This product does not replace actually washing your brushes!
The actual black spongey part does need to be washed every so often that you use it (Be sure to always keep it clean!)
Amy G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Simple, straightforward product. I recommend using the Color Switch mainly for smaller/eye brushes because you have more space to move around in with smaller brushes and can utilize every inch of the sponge before having to wash it. You can also flip the mesh and use the other side to extend time between washes, which is nice. The reason why I recommend using small/eye brushes is because wiith larger brushes, the entire sponge gets dirty faster, and I'd rather just spend less time washing the brush itself instead of the mesh sponge. Some people have made their own version of this for cheaper (can find instructions online, probably on Pinterest), but I didn't feel like I was wasting my money buying the full size one time because you can buy replacement inserts for cheaper, and I like that this comes in its own tin.
Nikole N.
Laurel Hill, FL
I dot. Quite get the full advantage of this item without being provided a few extra sponges to swap out as the used one dries. It shouldn’t be kept in the container wet. You will just be asking for trouble.
Kelly E.
East Meadow, NY
I got this from Sephora on a whim, because I tend to use the same brushes and switch shadow colors when doing my make up and I wanted to find a way to quickly clean off my brushes so my shadows wouldn't get as mixed and muddy as I applied them to the face, and let me just say I don't know why I hadn't tried this sooner. This product is definitely a game changer, I just quickly swirl around any brush that I need to switch colors with a few times and bam, that easy. This is also worth mentioning that it is easy to clean, you just remove the mesh lining and all of the shadow is at the bottom of the tin, I wash it out and rinse the mesh out, let it dry, and then it's all ready for use again! A must try
Lindsey L.
Middletown, CT
I recently received a Vera Mona brush from my monthly ipsy box. I feel like it's good quality. Is this a good product to invest in? Does this really get all of the product off? Would this allow me to save money buying tons of brushes?
Kaileigh S.
Prt Washingtn, WI
What are your thoughts on this if you've tried it?
Zahra T.
Port Moody , BC
Does anyone know how to clean this? Vera Mona Color Switch Solo
Elizabeth P.
Fairfield , OH
Does this actually work?
Mandie B.
Los Angeles, CA
Do these clean/sanitize brushes as well?

back