BY VERA MONA

What it is: It is an essential tool that is extremely helpful while doing multiple jobs or different looks. Simply glide the eye shadow brush against the unique Solo sponge to completely remove eyeshadow color. What it does: Color Switch Solo allows the makeup artist to quickly and efficiently switch between colors on your eyeshadow brushes. What else you need to know: The Solo sponge can be used on either side and can be washed or replaced with a refill pack. Discontinue use of product if irritation occurs on eyes or skin. see more...

• Does anyone know how to clean this? Vera Mona Color Switch Solo1 Answers
  • Interesting concept. Is it worth it? Better results than just usi...1 Answers
  • Interesting concept. Is it worth it? Better resul... Be the first to answer!
Kelly E.
East Meadow, NY
I got this from Sephora on a whim, because I tend to use the same brushes and switch shadow colors when doing my make up and I wanted to find a way to quickly clean off my brushes so my shadows wouldn't get as mixed and muddy as I applied them to the face, and let me just say I don't know why I hadn't tried this sooner. This product is definitely a game changer, I just quickly swirl around any brush that I need to switch colors with a few times and bam, that easy. This is also worth mentioning that it is easy to clean, you just remove the mesh lining and all of the shadow is at the bottom of the tin, I wash it out and rinse the mesh out, let it dry, and then it's all ready for use again! A must try
Ashley M.
I know you can make dupes of this product for cheap, but I don't recommend it. I did that and it ended up ruining some of my eye brushes. I bought this during the last sephora sale, and while it is a little pricey, I do recommend it. I really recommend it to those that wear bold or different colors of shadow every day. I am able to get more color off, then when I was just wiping my brushes on a towel, so I don't have to worry about my looks becoming muddy. This product can be flipped over when one side gets dirty and is also easy to clean. Run it under warm water and just a couple drops of soap. I usually clean mine every week along with my makeup brushes
Victoria L.
Hoffman Estates, IL
I'm giving this product 2 out of 5 starts I didn't notice a whole transformation in my shadows being cleaned off my brush. I have whipping them with a rag for years and I think it does the same thing if not better then this product. As for me this product is a pass don't waste your money just do it yourself, it's more affordable that way, I truly believe this product is gimmicky. I was really hoping to love it since I know the YouTube world raves about it but for me it's a pass.
Alyssa N.
Moline, IL
This is such a great product! I was so hesitant to spend the money on it at first, but it is so worth it. If you don't want to spend the money, a hair donut would work just the same, but I like the convenience of it coming in the little tin because it's easy to travel with. It cleans brushes off great between colors within a single eye look without the wait and dry time that comes with using a liquid brush cleanser for the same thing.
Isela C.
I've had this for about a year now and it is my absolute holy grail makeup product. Every single day that I wear eyeshadow, I'm using the color switch. It's so easy to use, you just swirl your brush on the sponge and it removes any extra pigment from the bristles. Also it's easy to clean if it gets really dirty. If you are someone who wears eyeshadow daily and likes to reuse their brushes, you should definitely check this out!
Karen P.
Lexington, KY
This is a great product. It has really cut down on how many brushes I use in a week, and thus how many I have to clean. In the past there have been many times when I have ended up using multiples of the same brush to do one eye look, but this tool keeps me from having to do that. Its definitely not something to replace cleaning your brushes, but it help you not have to wash them as often. I am very happy I purchased this.
Kelsey P.
Bakersfield
This color switch is seriously amazing! I purchased it a couple of months ago and it seriously has saved me so much time. I sometime like to use the same brush, just a different color and this helps! All you do is open it and swish your brush around and it takes off all of the extra product in your brush!
Erin C.
This is great for a person like my that has one eye brush they love to use. That way I don't have to wash my brush every day or get worried that old color is still there and mixing them with another. It is soft on brushes and takes just a few seconds to get all the color off. Plus it's a great price too!
Kristina I.
Louisville, KY
I usually just use a small face towel to remove color from a brush to reuse it right away but sometimes that doesn't fully work not to mention it stains the towels. I saw this as I was walking around Sephora one day and decided to just give it a try ... holy cow. It actually works. And it's washable!
Sylvia U.
I bought this product because I only have a couple of eyeshadow brushes and I like the use them for several different colors during one look. This product works so good. I know it's just a sponge so I feel like you could come up with a cheaper alternative but it just works! And it's so easy to use.
Lindsey L.
Middletown, CT
I recently received a Vera Mona brush from my monthly ipsy box. I feel like it's good quality. Is this a good product to invest in? Does this really get all of the product off? Would this allow me to save money buying tons of brushes?
Kaileigh S.
Prt Washingtn, WI
What are your thoughts on this if you've tried it?
Zahra T.
Port Moody, BC
Does anyone know how to clean this? Vera Mona Color Switch Solo
Rachel B.
Amarillo, TX
Interesting concept. Is it worth it? Better results than just using tissue to brush off the extra residue?
Karen P.
Lexington, KY
Can you use this with all types of makeup or only matte?