BY VERA MONA

What it is: It is an essential tool that is extremely helpful while doing multiple jobs or different looks. Simply glide the eye shadow brush against the unique Solo sponge to completely remove eyeshadow color. What it does: Color Switch Solo allows the makeup artist to quickly and efficiently switch between colors on your eyeshadow brushes. What else you need to know: The Solo sponge can be used on either side and can be washed or replaced with a refill pack. Discontinue use of product if irritation occurs on eyes or skin. see more...

• Does anyone know how to clean this? Vera Mona Color Switch Solo1 Answers
  • Interesting concept. Is it worth it? Better results than just using...1 Answers
  • Interesting concept. Is it worth it? Better resul...Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora*
Amy G.
Amy G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Simple, straightforward product. I recommend using the Color Switch mainly for smaller/eye brushes because you have more space to move around in with smaller brushes and can utilize every inch of the sponge before having to wash it. You can also flip the mesh and use the other side to extend time between washes, which is nice. The reason why I recommend using small/eye brushes is because wiith larger brushes, the entire sponge gets dirty faster, and I'd rather just spend less time washing the brush itself instead of the mesh sponge. Some people have made their own version of this for cheaper (can find instructions online, probably on Pinterest), but I didn't feel like I was wasting my money buying the full size one time because you can buy replacement inserts for cheaper, and I like that this comes in its own tin.
Kelly E.
Kelly E.
East meadow , NY
I got this from Sephora on a whim, because I tend to use the same brushes and switch shadow colors when doing my make up and I wanted to find a way to quickly clean off my brushes so my shadows wouldn't get as mixed and muddy as I applied them to the face, and let me just say I don't know why I hadn't tried this sooner. This product is definitely a game changer, I just quickly swirl around any brush that I need to switch colors with a few times and bam, that easy. This is also worth mentioning that it is easy to clean, you just remove the mesh lining and all of the shadow is at the bottom of the tin, I wash it out and rinse the mesh out, let it dry, and then it's all ready for use again! A must try
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
I know you can make dupes of this product for cheap, but I don't recommend it. I did that and it ended up ruining some of my eye brushes. I bought this during the last sephora sale, and while it is a little pricey, I do recommend it. I really recommend it to those that wear bold or different colors of shadow every day. I am able to get more color off, then when I was just wiping my brushes on a towel, so I don't have to worry about my looks becoming muddy. This product can be flipped over when one side gets dirty and is also easy to clean. Run it under warm water and just a couple drops of soap. I usually clean mine every week along with my makeup brushes
Victoria L.
Victoria L.
Hoffman Estates, IL
I'm giving this product 2 out of 5 starts I didn't notice a whole transformation in my shadows being cleaned off my brush. I have whipping them with a rag for years and I think it does the same thing if not better then this product. As for me this product is a pass don't waste your money just do it yourself, it's more affordable that way, I truly believe this product is gimmicky. I was really hoping to love it since I know the YouTube world raves about it but for me it's a pass.
Alyssa N.
Alyssa N.
Moline, IL
This is such a great product! I was so hesitant to spend the money on it at first, but it is so worth it. If you don't want to spend the money, a hair donut would work just the same, but I like the convenience of it coming in the little tin because it's easy to travel with. It cleans brushes off great between colors within a single eye look without the wait and dry time that comes with using a liquid brush cleanser for the same thing.
Isela C.
Isela C.
I've had this for about a year now and it is my absolute holy grail makeup product. Every single day that I wear eyeshadow, I'm using the color switch. It's so easy to use, you just swirl your brush on the sponge and it removes any extra pigment from the bristles. Also it's easy to clean if it gets really dirty. If you are someone who wears eyeshadow daily and likes to reuse their brushes, you should definitely check this out!
Karen P.
Karen P.
Lexington, KY
This is a great product. It has really cut down on how many brushes I use in a week, and thus how many I have to clean. In the past there have been many times when I have ended up using multiples of the same brush to do one eye look, but this tool keeps me from having to do that. Its definitely not something to replace cleaning your brushes, but it help you not have to wash them as often. I am very happy I purchased this.
Ray S.
Ray S.
O Fallon, IL
I love this! I'm so bad when it comes to cleaning brushes which usually means that I only have one of each type of brush clean at a time so when I want to use it for a different shadow I usually wipe it off on my arm or on my pants which is terrible. Since getting this I've kept my body clean and my brushes don't hold excess eyeshadow so I can go from using a black on my brush to a champagne without worrying!
Marissa A.
Marissa A.
Honolulu, HI
This product works well enough and doesn't damage my brushes. The true test for me was when I would clean my white haired brushes and I would see that some color still remained. This is great for travel when you want to use as few brushes for as many purposes as possible, but I don't think this will replace my daily spray brush cleaner.
Felicia R.
Felicia R.
Westwood , MA
I use this with my Sephora airbrush set and it works wonders! It doesn't destroy any of the bristles all the brushes come out brand new. No color transfers when going from a dark to light color so smokey eyes comes out amazing. No longer destroying the sink with tapping my brushes to get the excess off my brushes
Lindsey L.
Lindsey L.
Middletown, CT
I recently received a Vera Mona brush from my monthly ipsy box. I feel like it's good quality. Is this a good product to invest in? Does this really get all of the product off? Would this allow me to save money buying tons of brushes?
Kaileigh S.
Kaileigh S.
Prt Washingtn, WI
What are your thoughts on this if you've tried it?
Elizabeth P.
Elizabeth P.
Fairfield , OH
Does this actually work?
Becca G.
Becca G.
Westfield , NJ
To all my friends who have this, how do you clean it when it gets dirty?!
Kelsey L.
Kelsey L.
Griffin, GA
I've never used anything like this but now I really want to try one!! Is this a brand you'd recommend or should I look for a different one? I received a brush in my ipsy bag from this brand and I really liked it!