BY VENMO #3 in Apps

Send money for free. Cash out to any bank overnight. “The crown jewel of all finance apps” – Forbes “#1 app college students should download right now” – Buzzfeed “Just Venmo me.” – Business Insider • Pay your friends for dinner, drinks, rent, and more. • Easily collect money from people who owe you. • Checkout with one touch in many of your favorite apps. Venmo is fast and secure with all payments sent over a 256-bit encryption, certified by VeriSign. Venmo is a part of eBay/PayPal. see more...

• Anyone else ever just scroll through your friends transac...16 Answers
  • Is this safe? How is this different from PayPal? Everyone...7 Answers
  • Do you prefer this over other money sending/receiving apps?3 Answers
Venmo
  • "As a college student venmo comes in handy when I need to pay friends back or when I'm buying a textbook from someone I just met." in 2 reviews
  • "It's super handy and allows me to keep track of money spent." in 1 review
  • "With living far away from family it's has allowed us to transfer money to each other quickly and safely. " in 1 review
  • "It's extremely easy to transfer money to friends instantly for paying people back when you don't have cash on you." in 1 review
Kara D.
Techie Expert Level 1
Venmo has become such a popular way of transferring money and paying people with that it has become an actual verb; "I'll Venmo you!"

It's the easiest and quickest way to pay your friends or family back for that dinner tab you wanted to split or the cab fare you wanted to share.

This app is very user friendly. I was able to get both of my parents set-up on it, which goes to show that it's perfect for any age. So far I've not experienced any issues with the app.

You do need to be careful in how you use the app, as problems were arising. For example, someone sold a car to another person. The buyer venmo'd the seller, they made the trade and the buyer got the car but then canceled their payment on Venmo before it went through and withdrew from their account, meaning the seller lost his car and did not get his money. Be careful when using the app and only use it with people you trust.

10/10 recommend!
Meekah B.
Venmo has changed the way I transfer money. A couple months ago my friends introduced me to Venmo and I was a bit sceptical. I mean who wouldn’t be when it comes to transferring money over an app! But within these couple months I have been pleasantly surprised. I have made a few transaction with this app and it works perfectly. My hubby and I have transferred money when we are in a bind as well as being able to send money to or get money from friends and relatives who live further away. It is better then sending checks or cash in the mail (that does not always make it) and or having to wait for the transfer from the bank. I think it is an awesome app and as long as it continues to work in my favor, I will continue to use it. Give it a try and see for yourself, you might just change the way you transfer your money!
Alexandra R.
Henderson, NV
Venmo is seriously one of my favorite apps and one that I use almost weekly. Whether it's to reimburse friends for an uber ride, pitch in for dinner and drinks, or even to pay room mates for bills and rent, this app isn't just the easiest pay-app on the market, it also makes paying your friends fun- as you can get really creative with emojis, hinting at what you're paying for. One downside is that it does charge a convenience fee if you want to hook up a credit card to the app as opposed to your bank account info. I like to rack up as many credit card points as I can with just about anything I can use my card for, but paying the credit card on fees on here is just too much, so I currently stick with just using my bank info. Best part about Venmo, it actually motives you to pay back your friends! Ha!
Bryn N.
Not a huge fan of Venmo. I couldn't sign into my account, even though I kept "successfully" resetting my password and they wanted me to send them a copy of my drivers license to prove it was me (which they said was common practice across all of these platforms), but noooo thank you. So I asked them to delete my account, which they weren't very willing to do, but finally did after a couple days of asking them to. Then I started a new account again, but can't put in my credit card in, since it's been linked to a different account, even though that account is now gone. Not doing business with them again.
Ali W.
University Cy, MO
Yes yes yes. I wish we had this when I was in college. This is perfect for those occasions where you don’t have cash and a friend covers for you. This app makes things like splitting dinners or covers at the bar so easy to pay back! This is also ideal for paying for rent with roommates. Did a sibling buy a gift from a a few of you who lives in different places?- Venmo! Did a friend cover your cab or Uber ride? Venmo.

You can save all your money and wait until you want to transfer into your bank. It makes a nice surprised when you forget how much you’ve received over time. You can link the money to a direct bank account or debit card.

Ps. It’s also fun to see the feed to see who pays who. Can do some good creeping on people haha.
Stephanie M.
Land O Lakes, FL
Venmo is a wonderful idea! I use it for my business and personal life. I honestly wish that businesses used it more often! Why I only gave 3 stars is because of a lot of red tape and odd rules they have that aren’t user friendly. You can only have one bank account tied to an account and you can only have one Venmo account tied to a bank account. In order to change it you can’t do that on your own. You have to call and see if they can change it for you. Not user friendly!!! Also I think the transactions should never be public and shouldn’t be an option to share details about transactions with anyone except for the parties involved. Bad idea.
Sara A.
I love love love venmo. It makes paying and requesting money from friends a breeze! All you have to do is search them on the app and once you authorize a transaction, the app will take the money directly out of your bank account which you previously linked. (Pro tip: if you don’t want people to see your payment record, mark the transaction as private.) After you get paid and click redeem, it only takes a day or two for money to show up in your bank account (Pro tip: you can pay a fee for rapid payment.) Also, of someone owes you, you can request it on that app and all they have to do is accept to finish the transaction. No fees or anything.
Alecia P.
Las Vegas
I have only used  Venmo a few times and every time it has been easy breeezy. A friend of mine told me about it and in our transactions that was his preferred way of payment. I must say at first I was skeptical because we all have those bells and whistles going off in the back of our head every time something is sort of new to you, especially online! Until then I was only aware of PayPal but Venmo ended up being a very pleasant and user friendly app that I look forward to using again and again! Once a payment is sent it takes 2 business days to go into your bank account that it's hooked up to. Easy as it gets!
Nicole C.
I ADORE the creator of Venmo. Thank the stars for never having to feel guilty about asking a friend to cover you because you left your wallet at home. Splitting the bill at a restaurant is super simple and most millennials already use it so it’s pretty likely that person you want to give money to can friend you or pay you quickly. There’s no additional choice to determine if there’s a fee for transfer and I like that it syncs with other apps like Ibotta. The best part is seeing some of the public activity and actively judging your friends’ spending activity like you do their Facebook posts.
Abbie S.
I have been using Venmo for a few short months but I don’t understand how I have lived without it. My fiancé and I live together and we share a lot. It’s so easy to put something on his card and then go into the Venmo app and instantly pay him my half of the purchase. If you are out with friends and you all split a meal bill or drink bill. You can easily send a payment straight from the Venmo app instead of waiting for someone to actually pay you back. It comes in handy for night outs, bills, payments and anything you can think of! I highly recommend downloading this app and using it!
Kajal R.
Alpharetta, GA
Anyone else ever just scroll through your friends transactions to see what they're up to and with who? lololol
Tiffany A.
Are there any fees?
Taryn C.
A lot of people say this is better than PayPal, is that true?
Addie I.
Portland, OR
Is it secure?
Amelia M.
How does this compare to PayPal?