BY VENMO #6 in Apps

Send money for free. Cash out to any bank overnight. “The crown jewel of all finance apps” – Forbes “#1 app college students should download right now” – Buzzfeed “Just Venmo me.” – Business Insider • Pay your friends for dinner, drinks, rent, and more. • Easily collect money from people who owe you. • Checkout with one touch in many of your favorite apps. Venmo is fast and secure with all payments sent over a 256-bit encryption, certified by VeriSign. Venmo is a part of eBay/PayPal. see more...

• Anyone else ever just scroll through your friends transactions to...13 Answers
  • Do you prefer this over other money sending/receiving apps?1 Answers
  • Is this safe? How is this different from PayPal? Everyone at scho...3 Answers
Venmo
  • "As a college student venmo comes in handy when I need to pay friends back or when I'm buying a textbook from someone I just met." in 2 reviews
  • "It's super handy and allows me to keep track of money spent." in 1 review
  • "With living far away from family it's has allowed us to transfer money to each other quickly and safely. " in 1 review
  • "It's extremely easy to transfer money to friends instantly for paying people back when you don't have cash on you." in 1 review
sam f.
Provo, UT
Techie Expert
I use Venmo at least once a week! I rarely carry cash and Venmo saves me when I need to pay someone in a pinch. The app itself is very simple to use and easy to learn. I have it linked to my actual bank account which does not incur any fees. I only wish that I could use a credit card through Venmo without any processing fees, but I still use it all the time regardless. This app is very safe if you verify who you are sending money to. It is owned by PayPal as far as I know, which I trust, and I have never had problems with sending or receiving money through this app!
Claire B.
Elkhorn, NE
The convenience of Venmo is unbeatable. It’s fun, simple to set up, and the best way I’ve come across to split costs across groups of people. I’ll admit, I’ve never hooked my account up to my actual bank account because I’m nervous to give that information out to an app. But I’ve had numerous friends connect their bank account and Venmo account without issues. Customer service is amazing as well— quick to respond and incredibly helpful!
Arielle M.
Brighton , MI
At first I was skeptical of using venmo but it really is a great app for sending money instantly to someone else. I use this a lot when I go out to eat with other people or when I need to pay someone back. It is so convenient and you don't have to worry about going to the bank to get cash or anything like that. If someone sends you money, the money will be deposited in your bank account in a few days. I use this app pretty frequently.
Victoria B.
Bakersfield
Techie Expert
I have attempted several times to use Venmo with no success . While I completely understand the idea behind it I think that it still has a lot of flaws . I could not get it to attach to my bank account which was completely frustrating . I understand that it is meant to protect your financial information but I still don't feel comfortable entering some of my information into their system . If I could get it to connect to my bank and my cards then I might have a different opinion about it . I have had people wanting to transfer me money or pay me back for stuff using Venmo and I yet to get it to work for me .
Melissa M.
Boston, MA
I love Venmo and having the convenience of sending and receiving funds at the touch of a button. Many banks still charge fees for sending money to others who have accounts with different banks. Additionally, Venmo adds the facility of finding another persons profile with a phone number and thus no longer requiring us to have account numbers memorized or handy
Lauren N.
Fort Worth, TX
I was using Chase quick pay for the longest time, but a lot of people aren't on it. Venmo seems to be more socially accepted with the general group I hang with. It's easy if we are all out to dinner to just venmo the person who pays, or if someone picks something up for you. Concert tickets, gas, groceries etc. The app is simple to use and I love it.
Elissa E.
Freehold, NJ
I honestly don't know how I lived before venmo. From splitting uber fare to sharing utilities with my housemates to paying rent and everything in between... easily the most convenient app on my phone. And having it linked to Facebook and my contacts and having QR codes for accounts makes it SO easy to find people. Thank you for existing, venmo.
Sammi Z.
Very easy to use! The app is very straightforward on the usage (how to send or charge someone). I think there is a $200 limit that you could send, Paypal would probably be better to send large amounts of money. Venmo is better to use within friends and family  rather than using it for business reasons because it is not as secure as Paypal.
Chi V.
Portland, OR
I like Venmo. It’s got a great platform and easy to use app interface. It’s very convenient to transfer money from peer to peer. Though i prefer other apps especially Google Wallet because it’s much faster. Generally it just takes much longer for money to appear in your bank account when using Venmo though I hear they’re actively working on it.
Shada G.
I discovered this through dental school. It is super easy to pay someone since it's connected to your checking account. But once you have received money it stays in your Venmo account and then next time you pay it pulls from there. It helps keep track of what you've received and sent. You can make your transactions public or private. I don't like the public transactions I think it violates personal privacy but to each their own. One negative for me is that it takes a few days for you to transfer the Venmo account balance to your checking account. It's an option you have to select it doesn't just do it automatically. Venmo
Kajal R.
Alpharetta, GA
Anyone else ever just scroll through your friends transactions to see what they're up to and with who? lololol
Tiffany A.
Are there any fees?
Taryn C.
A lot of people say this is better than PayPal, is that true?
Addie I.
Portland, OR
Is it secure?
Victoria D.
What is venmo for? I see it a lot but don't know what exactly it's used for.