Add a Photo

Shelley G.
Shelley G.
Feb. 1, 2017, 8:47 a.m.
Review for: Velveeta Shreds Original Flavor Cheese 8 oz. ZIP-PAK®
Velveeta Shreds Original flavor cheese has cheese making ingredients, but does not contain actual cheese like it used to. It is a processed cheese that is creamy and adds a lot of cheesy flavor to any recipe. I use it to make grilled cheese sandwiches and also add to some casserole dishes. I also like to make macaroni and cheese with it because it melts better than any other processed cheese and blends together smoothly with my other ingredients.
Ashley G.
Ashley G.
Exeter, RI
I've never had their cheese but I have had their Mac and cheese and it is awesome. It is a great addition to dinner when you make some steak or chicken nuggets. I definitely recommend if you have children. It has more of a cheesy look and flavor to the noodles compared to regular kraft mac and cheese. It can be a little more money than kraft but it is very good, so most likely the cheese will be too!
Tara M.
Tara M.
Lilburn, GA
His has a very different consistency than log / loaf velveeta-- it is drier in texture and taste. it must be made differently and appears to be ''powder coated'' so it won't be sticky and soft like original velveeta. taste was just --ok-- and it doesn't melt like real velveeta loaf... so you can really only use it cold on a salad or taco. I'm sticking to the loaf for use and recipes.
Erica R.
Erica R.
Sunnyvale, CA
I absolutely love that you can buy Velveeta in a shredded form. So many recipes call for this cheese and now that you can buy it in shreds it saves so much time. It also takes less time to melt. The flavor that Velveeta delivers and the creaminess cannot be beat by anything else. I wish there were better ingredients in the cheese but it's such a comfort food for me.
Alyssa K.
Alyssa K.
This shredded cheese is everything you would expect from Velveeta! It's delicious and has the signature Velveeta taste! It's perfect for anything you love to put cheese on.. Baked potatoes, tacos, macaroni and cheese.. I purchased this bag for $2! That's a bargain! It was less expensive than the store brand! I highly recommend this cheese!
Jasmine F.
Jasmine F.
Los Angeles, CA
Velveeta is always my go to when making Mac and cheese but it's a pain to try and shred! When I discovered this product I was so excited! Same creaminess that is to be expected from velveeta in an easier form. Perfect for my Mac and cheese, tacos or lasagna recipes. Definitely would recommend and it comes in a variety of flavor options!
Amy B.
Amy B.
Whitesburg, KY
The absolute best shredded cheese in your cheese aisle. It's so creamy and flavorful and makes a wonderful addition to tacos, cheesy casseroles, and my favorite, refrigerator veggie pizza. It's an American favorite and while many cheese snobs may turn up their nose to Velveeta shreds I find its flavor to be very comforting.
Dana A.
Dana A.
Dallas, NC
I used this to make a quesadilla and it was really not good. The texture of the melted cheese was just bad. I can't even explain it. And let me say I do like Velveeta singles so I was really disappointed. As far as price it is priced about like the competitors, but I would not recommend this to others. Sorry.....
Paige O.
Paige O.
Peyton, CO
Not as good as Land o Lakes cheese, it is creamier and still very good. I am much less likely to just munch on it by itself and more likely to use in home made macaroni and cheese. I made the BEST macaroni and cheese about a month ago with this cheese and sprinkled some Colby Jack on top, Best date night ever.
Angela B.
Angela B.
Jacksonville, FL
This review is bittersweet as my store no longer sells this cheese. I think it was discontinued and if not, it's not here in my city. Sigh. It taste like Velveeta of course. Melted like a dream. Never stringy but deliciously cheesy. I can't go on remembering bc it hurts too much that I can't go buy it anymore.