Velveeta Queso Blanco Cheese uploaded by Kim G.

BY VELVEETA #49 in Cheese

Pasteurized recipe cheese product. see more...

• Where can I find this? 2 Answers
  • Making a Mac n cheese bake for thanksgiving. Would this be a good...1 Answers
  • How close does this taste to the white queso at Mexican restauran...1 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Emily J.
Emily J.
Brooklyn, NY
I'm a velveeta lover, don't get me wrong, I like 'real' cheese too.. but Velveeta is handy to have in the fridge for grilled cheese or a quick hot dish and, unopened, can be kept in the pantry.

Ordering three at a time, delivered to my door, was a convenience and a great help when our car was acting up and would be a while to fix. This gave me some meal options to go with food already stashed in the pantry and freezer to jazz things up a bit...

I just ordered a second pack to keep a good stash in the pantry... I prefered to be prepared.. you never know what might happen, ya know??
Michelle M.
Michelle M.
New Orleans, LA
Velveeta a is always a top notch brand that never ceases to amaze me. So many products use trickery in their labeling, but the flavor and creaminess of velveeta says it all when questioning the accountability of the labeling. This is great for making queso for football night or a house warming party. In my opinion this one is better than the American cheese and to add an extra punch to it, add some red peppers in small chunks, put in a food warmer, add some small tomatoes chunks and WA LA a perfect partner to fritos, tastitoes, or even doritoes!
Sara D.
Sara D.
Bloomington, IN
This product is very tasty to say the least. It taste like homemade queso that you'd get from a Mexican restaurant. While it does taste very good and last for a while, it's very hard to melt down. I always us a double boiler which is most effective, but this took almost 45 just to melt down on high temp. I cant say that its my method or my pot because ive melted other cheese blocks in it before and it only took 15 minutes. I might try the microwave. I do recommend this if you know you have a more effective way of melting it.
Jo M.
Jo M.
If you love the original Velveeta, and you love the cheese dip you get at Mexican restaurants, then this is definitely one to try. While it doesn't have the authentic taste of a Mexican restaurant, it's pretty darn close! Put a block of this in the crock pot with 2 cans of drained Rotel, and you've got an instant dip that will last at a party... or one that you can snack on all day while watching football in the fall. It's a great party food, and even better if you keep it all to yourself!
Heidi N.
Heidi N.
Grapevine, TX
Queso is a go-to appetizer in our house! It's important to have Velveeta and Rotel on hand so you can whip together some queso in a matter of minutes. If I don't have much time to prepare, I dice the Velveeta and then add it along with the drained can of Rotel tomatoes and green chiles to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until melted together, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips and warm tortillas. You can also make it in the crockpot, but it takes longer to melt. Enjoy!
Elyse K.
Elyse K.
Johns Island, SC
I've never been a huge fan of Velveeta before, but I found a recipe online for a crockpot queso dip that used the Queso Blanco cheese and that is my go to for dips now. While it's not the healthiest, because well...cheese, it is affordable as it's usually $6.00 at my local Bi-Lo. If you doubt the tastiness, take half a block, chopped up, throw in a can of Rotel tomatoes and chiles, put it on high for an hour, and get those chips ready to dip!
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
I am a huge fan of Velveeta if you are looking for something to make your cheese dips more creamy, or to dress up so chicken this is the product for you. My husband and I often make a spicy queso blanco chicken and it is hands down one of our favorite dinners that is so easy to make and super filling. I can't say enough good things about this product its delicious, versatile, and affordable what more could you want?
Mystic W.
Mystic W.
Palmer, AK
I don't really like processed cheese, So for a special treat I will whip him up something every once in a while. I think it taste better when you add fresh tomatoes, or salsa than like this. Ill put it in the crock pot add a few different variety of beans, tomatoes, onions and garlic. Maybe a lil cilantro and some ground beef too. Ill by the regular flavor sometimes again from Velveeta, but pass on this one!
Maddison B.
Maddison B.
Kansas City, MO
I always use velveeta cheese to make Rotell! I buy the cans of Rotell and mix it with browned ground beef and cubed velveeta and throw it all into my crock pot! It's a party favorite! But I also make it whenever I'm craving cheese dip and chips! I can eat a whole crock pot of it by myself, it might take a week but it's so good that I have done it before! I will definitely repurchase this again!
Cheyenne M.
Cheyenne M.
Alva, OK
Though I am still not 100% sure what this product even actually is...make up wise...(haha)....this product is delicious! We use this cheese to make 'homemade' Mac and cheese, eat it on crackers, by itself, melted in casseroles. I do recommend this other's. The queso blanco is my favorite and it melts really nicely. In casseroles, a little can go a long way, unless you like extra cheese!
Amanda J.
Amanda J.
San Antonio, TX
Where can I find this?
Asma S.
Asma S.
Arlington, TX
Making a Mac n cheese bake for thanksgiving. Would this be a good twist to use instead of original velveeta? Or is it better for other recipes?
Kaitlin N.
Kaitlin N.
Oklahoma City, OK
How close does this taste to the white queso at Mexican restaurants? Also, what is your favorite way to prepare it?