BY VEEP

• "My whole family likes VEEP." in 1 review
  • "I hate politics and can never get into shows about them even if they are silly but this one just grabbed my attention." in 1 review
Vanessa A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I've only seen the beginning of the first season so far, so I'm jumping the gun, but I absolutely love the humor this show employes. Julia Louis-Dreyfuss is phenomenal, she really nails Selena. The characters are all interesting and distinct, and have killer comedic instincts. And, of course, Buster Bluth is there. I've never been into politics, so don't let that drive you away because that's not really what makes this show hilarious; in fact, Veep actually made me more interested in the political system in a weird way! Definitely give this show a try. Episodes are short and go by quickly, so you've got nothing to lose.
Katie P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
So along with pop culture, I'm an avid follower of politics. This show is the perfect parody of all that goes on in that arena, from the media to the government. All the characters are well-defined and hilarious with particular credit to Julia Louise-Dreyfus and Tony Hale. Even if you don't like politics, there's something funny and relatable for everyone. Check out the creator's movie, "In the Loop" too.
Katie C.
Ormond Beach, FL
I really enjoyed this show so far. The first season is short and I finished it quickly. Just started the second season and it still has the same charisma. The humor is great and fast which I love. The cast has wonderful chemistry and timing! For any Arrested Development fans, the actor who plays Buster Bluth is also in this show! I should add that I'm a political science major so I find the politics plot line appealing but that might not be the case for everyone. Definitely feel like this show is underrated though!
E G.
Goshen, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Despite the ubiquitous F-words, this show is hilarious. I love the characters and how they interact with one another. The plot is interesting and the dialogue is quick and witty. It is fun to see a TV show that lets you see what might be happening behind the scenes of political campaigns, even if the real thing is quite different. :)
Shaunna C.
Portland, OR
This show is quick. The humor is so subtle and you have to pay attention. It's that amazing. The tone is so different from any other comedy I have ever watched. The humor caters to people who are sarcastic and witty. It's perfect.
Liz M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is one of my all time favorite shows. I originally thought I wouldn't like it since I don't follow politics that closely, but it's absolutely hilarious. if you enjoy sarcastic comedy this is a must see.
Mary L.
Grand Blanc , MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of my favorite television shows. I hate politics and can never get into shows about them even if they are silly but this one just grabbed my attention. It's hilarious!
Catherine G.
Austin, TX
Really love this show! All of the actors are fantastic and there are lots of "cringe-worthy" moments - but totally in a good way. If you like smart comedies, give this one a shot. You will fall in love within the first episode.
Angelina M.
Boys Town, NE
This show has a different feel than anything on the air right now and it's hilarious. nothing better than seeing julia as the vp, throwing around the f-bomb!
Colleen L.
Nashville
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this show since I’m not big into politics, but I love it! Julia Louis-Dreyfus is so funny and the cast is great!
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Is this show any good?
Alex H.
Ames
Does it pick up? I'm only in the first season and it's not as great as I thought it would be