BY VAYAMA TRAVEL

member-2aa45
We purchased our tickets through Vayama, because their prices were slightly lower than other providers, and the airlines website itself, and also because it looked like they had good customer reviews in general. I think they function properly until something goes wrong, right? I am pretty sure I purchased tickets through them before, but don't even remember it because did not have to do any amendments or get in contact with customer services. Their customer service is the worst, you wait on the line for an hour and get inconsistent responses every time! My husband spent a week of his lunch breaks trying to get a hold of them and get information on flight changes. They send you an email with the quote, and expect you to call them if you agree with the fee. All quotes we received were different, and every time we called them they changed the prices, and finally when we said f* it, lets do it, they claimed we have to change ALL the tickets that were purchased together. SO, TO START WITH, IF YOU ARE PURCHASING FROM VAYAMA.COM PURCHASE EACH TICKET SEPERATELY!!!!! When you buy them together, you cannot amend anything separately. At least that's what the last customer service guy told us! I am super upset, because I really need to be going back to my country at least a week ahead to see a sick, and potentially dying relative, and my husband cannot take extra time off! We sent them multiple emails, and never got an answer, and I am really very sad that I am going through this on such a hard time!

Companies should sometimes realize that they are there to provide SERVICE in EXCHANGE for MONEY! Also, as a lawyer, I would love to note that their Terms & Conditions etc. are written poorly! Not in full sentences, and full consistency.... which is very very disappointing...
Elise M.
Vayama is terrible and very hard to work with. We booked a flight and hotels on their site for $3000, which was a very good deal compared to other sites. After clicking submit, we were greeted with a loading spinner. We waited on the page for 10 minutes and nothing happened so we closed out of the page. We did not think the order went through at all since the page had error out. Well two weeks later my boyfriend saw a charge on his card for ~$1700, which was weird since we hadn't ordered anything for $1700. Turns out the order did go through but we were not told about it and they didn't book the hotels we ordered, just the flights. We tried contacting them several times and my boyfriend was on hold for up to half an hour each time before getting disconnected. Since we could not contact them, we had to go through the bank to get this sorted out. Again, vayama is the worst if ANYTHING goes wrong, so use it at your own risk.
Dee L.
Absolutely the worse travel agency ever.  I know their prices look good, but they have awful customer service, long delays in returning e-mails, negative and unhelpful customer service agents on the phone (when you can get through). They screwed up my reservation and were unwilling to make changes, meaning I'm out $1200. I ended up nearly being stranded because of their mistake on my ticket. They were willing to refund $50 of that...if I paid them an additional $15 service fee. They certainly don't care about customers, and have created fees and procedures designed to chase you away should you have a problem. NEVER EVER book with Vayama.
adrienne G.
Richmond, VA
Have used them a couple times- to be honest, the customer service is not good. However, you are paying a very very low flight rate- the value is in the low price. In my view buying a discount ticket comes with inherent risk that if something goes wrong, customer service is not helpful and typically does not resolve the problem. However, if no issues arise from your trip it's usually snag free at a great price.
Ben O.
worst website to buy an airline ticket. I couldn't make it to one of my flights because of Turkey's coupe. they canceled my entire journey and didn't refund me anything. I couldn't sue them because I had to go to San Jose to do so
Casey N.
Gaithersburg, MD
I had never heard of the site before but when I saw on it on here, I went and checked it out. I think its a great idea in theory (to provide an alternative to Kayak or other services that do a similar thing) but I searched for a trip to South Africa that I have coming up this summer and it said there were no flights, even after changing search parameters. I know this isn't the case because I have been researching flights for weeks now and even double checked on other sites today to be sure. I would hate to think that people who use this site as their primary booking tool would miss out on dates and times that aren't contained in this server. I am willing to give it another try, but as of today I was disappointed.
Yolanda S.
Waco
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
FIRST TIME I HAVE HEARD OF THIS AIR LINE SEVICE BEFORE WERE IS THIS PLACE WHAT PART OF THE US IS IT AND DO THEY HAVE PRETTY FAIR PRICES AND ARE THEY SAFE TO TRAVEL ON
Pamela S.
Clifton, NJ
I've used this booking site for two complicated multi-stop trips: One in 2009 which included LAX-->Kuala Lumpur-->Singapore-->Hong Kong-->LAX for under 1000. The other in 2014: NYC-->New Delhi-->Mumbai-->Amman --> NYC for under 1200. Vayama also does a fare watch so you can keep watch of simple routes (they do a price match/refund but only for roundtrip routes). It's cheap and easy to plan an around the world trip if you know your dates ahead of time. Overall, one of the cheapest, if not cheapest booking site for international flights.
Whitney S.
I WISH I CAN GIVE IT 0 TO BE VERY VERY HONEST. i had one very unpleasant experience with it. it charges hefty fees for cancellation even within 24 hours. and i called it 4 times, each time i was on hold for 40 minutes and one time the person even hang up before i could even speak, and that is after 40 minutes of waiting. i would avoid it at all cost.
Melche E.
Dallas, TX
Bought a ticket several times in this website but lately customer service is not good. So very rude and not helpful at all. So I stop using them at all and change to the other. For the most part I used other apps, airline apps, airline newsletter for a good deal airline prices. I also followed bloggers like TPG and Instagrams secretflying to really get good prices
Mary a.
What's your favorite destination that Vayama has made possible for you to travel to?
Monica P.
Just here for a badge .
Ben O.
has anyone been able to take Vayama to a small claim court ?