by Vapur
  • 216 Reviews
  • 8 Q&A
Ask a Question
Warren, MI

Could these be frozen an used as ice packs or heated and used as a heating pad?
Rebekah D.
Rebekah D.
Feb. 19, 2014, 7:33 p.m.
I don't know about the heat pad, but I have definitely filled and frozen mine without any issues.
Marisa C.
Marisa C.
Nov. 12, 2012, 5:21 p.m.
Yes I believe so!
Esmeralda A.
Esmeralda A.
Nov. 5, 2012, 2:11 p.m.
You most likely would be able to use these as a heating pad or an ice pack. I wouldn't fill the bottle completely with water for the ice pack, though, in case the ice expands. Obviously, you'd take the clip off when using this as an ice pack/heating pad. I think it would work: I personally haven't tried it before, but the water bottles are actually surprisingly durable.
Karina R.
Karina R.
Nov. 3, 2012, 1:49 p.m.
You could.But it probably won't be safe, so I don't recommend it.
Mackay A.
Mackay A.
Nov. 1, 2012, 6:52 p.m.
You could use it as an ice pack but not a heatpack because the heat would melt the plastic but you could definitely use it as and ice pack
Samantha L.
Samantha L.
Nov. 1, 2012, 12:54 a.m.
I have one of these and if I want to use it as an ice pack, I just fill it 3/4 of the way and set it in the freezer with the cap off so it doesn't explode. I haven't tried to use it as a heating pad but I would not put mine in the microwave, just fill it with warm tap water.
Jessica W.
Jessica W.
Oct. 31, 2012, 1:22 p.m.
I recommend frozen only! just because heating up plastic may release some chemicals into the water which can be hazardous.
kathie t.
kathie t.
Oct. 27, 2012, 1:52 p.m.
I use this to have frozen water on a hot day when i am working out. I don't think its good to use it as a heating pad though since its plastic and on mine it says not recommended for hot liquid.
Laureen P.
Laureen P.
Oct. 24, 2012, 7:03 a.m.
Yes I can see this being used as an ice pack as long as you don't fill too full....not sure about heating pack though, would wonder about the plastic melting
Cara B.
Cara B.
Oct. 24, 2012, 2:14 a.m.
As an ice pack, sure! Don't fill up the whole thing with water though cause ice expands and you don't want the plastic to rip. As far as heating pad goes, I don't think you can. The plastic needs to be very durable to allow itself to be heated and maintain that heat throughout.
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Oct. 23, 2012, 7:43 p.m.
I'm sure you can freeze it but I wouldn't recommended it.
Julie T.
Julie T.
Oct. 21, 2012, 10:34 p.m.
Ice pack - yes, Heating Pad - maybe, but be careful with the temperature so that you don't risk melting any of the plastic and contaminating any future water you may drink from there.
Erica C.
Erica C.
Oct. 19, 2012, 12:10 p.m.
You can do it..
Melissa E.
Melissa E.
Oct. 17, 2012, 1:17 p.m.
I wouldn't risk heating liquid in this to be used as a heating pad if you plan on drinking from it as a water bottle in the future.
Allison H.
Allison H.
Oct. 17, 2012, 11:17 a.m.
I've read articles suggesting you can use these as ice packs or store hot liquids in them. They're made with 3 layers of plastic so they're supposed to be very durable.
Oct. 17, 2012, 6:39 a.m.
Well I'm not saying like throw it in the micro...but like putting hot tap water inside. So you could like set on your face for sinus pressure relief.
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Oct. 15, 2012, 3:32 p.m.
I haven't tried to use it like that, but I've found that the plastic is very durable for daily use. You could probably get away with freezing it, but I would be wary of using it as a heating pad.
Oct. 14, 2012, 6:24 p.m.
I don't think so, the water bottles aren't very durable plastic, in my opinion. I think you risk melting the bottle / splitting the bottle if you were to use it like you want to. You could always try it, but I would suggest just buying one of the bags that are made for heating/cooling at a local drug store.
Valerie H.
Oct. 13, 2012, 12:45 p.m.

Join Now