Van Camp's Pork and Beans

by Van Camps

Van Camp's® Pork and Beans in Tomato Sauce.
Satisfying families since 1861.
High in fiber.
98% fat free.
Cholesterol free.

How long have you been eating these baked beans?
Start your review of Van Camp's Pork and Beans!
Park Hill
Your van kamp pork n beans used to be the best. And the price was good. Now the price has gone up ... the beans have no or almost never a piece of pork and has lots of liquids.. why take a good product and change the quality. Your had a good money maker. Now myself and my family have been eating Bush Baked Beans. Let me know when your company switches back to the original recipe and i will be back..☹
Owens Cross roads , AL
I always use these beans! Whether it's for a picnic, a BBQ or making my homemade baked beans these are always the ones I turn to. I've used them for years and learned to from my Mom. I first loved just eating them plain with Lay's original potato chips!! They're still great!!
Van Camp pork and beans used to be delicious. Why did you change something everyone liked? Beans are hard, sauce is runny, and where's the signature piece of pork? Not the beans I remember! Sorry, unless Van Camps goes back to the original recipe I won't be buying!
I am 64 years old and have eaten these all my life.  After opening two cans for dinner last eve and discussing with other family members these will be the last ones in our household.  They changed the label and also the quality of the product.  IN OTHER WORDS THEY SUCK.   NO MORE FOR THIS COWBOY.  I am sick of corporate greed making things cheaper to boost profits.
 Hope the rest of the folks feel the same and leave them on the store shelve.
 Hope the rest of the folks feel the same and leave them on the store shelve.
Used to be the best.  No longer can say that. the can was half water and no pork.  The can reads pork and beans, used to be the first ingredient mentioned was the most used but now the most used seems to be water.  Wake up Van Camp's, listen to your reviews!!! Go back to the 1861 recipe !!!
I have been eating these beans for over 45 years. Not anymore 😔. Con Agra buys up brands changes recipes to save $$$ and ruins the product. These beans are nothing like they use to be. Use to be the best now nasty. Van Camps has been in business for over 140 years. What a shame. Sucks. I will be eating another brand of pork & beans for now on. Big Ag will never get it. It's all about the money for the investors.Van Camp's Pork and Beans
Very disappointed in what has happened to these beans.  Can no longer make one of our favorite meals because they have no flavor anymore!  Trying to cut dollars resulted in cutting quality.  Also, by the looks of it they are losing sales too!
Destrehan
I recently bought a can of their beans. What happened to the piece of pork in the can. So i emailed the company, and they mailed me back. They use ground pork!!! . My response to that was , It must have been ground to oblivion and cooked to nothing. I guess that it fools the  Gov't  into not mislabeling the product. Just as good as another product saying that it has peanuts in the box and the label say's it has peanuts , but also peanut oil.  No peanuts . That ought to help out the people that are Blind and cannot see they are getting duped  besides us that can see. No more Cans in my house .
These beans used to be great. I have not gotten consistant taste or texture from one can to the next in years now. It does not matter which store you buy them at either. I wish I had take a picture of a recent can I opened that looked like baby food covered in 2 inches of liquid bean syrup. Whoever is in charge of quality control. Please make these beans like they used to be 3 years ago. They used to be the go to beans for my large family. Thanks.
I will never ever buy or eat these beans that I have eaten for years again. I had already eaten 1 can and after the fact found large round white worms in the strainer of my sink, not knowing where they came from. I opened another can to eat that can and found out the large white WORMS were IN THE CANS OF BEANS!  People need to check EVERYTHING they eat to make sure there is nothing else in their food! I don't think companies care enough anymore since there are SO MANY  RECALLS on FOOD in this world today!