Valve Corporation Steam uploaded by Jessica E.Valve Corporation Steam uploaded by leticia v.Valve Corporation Steam uploaded by Demarie H.

BY VALVE CORPORATION

Valve Corporation Steam
  • "One of the only places I go to for pc content, if you're a pc gamer and want games for a cheaper price than you have to download the launcher." in 16 reviews
  • "It allows you to keep track of your friends gameplay, get a whole bunch of free games, and keeps all of your games in a neat library (even non Steam ones). " in 13 reviews
  • "They may have a pseudo-monopoly on digital PC gaming sales, but given that other sites can offer Steam keys on sale pretty easily, it's not that bad." in 12 reviews
  • "While I LOVE the idea of Steam, I feel it could be improved in 2 ways: 1) The increase in popularity of the Steam gaming platform has made it so Steam is a requirement for many games, this means that you absolutely MUST have it for the game to function." in 11 reviews
  • "To me steam is like a pc gamer's heaven with so many choices from mainstream devs to indie devs, its like a different flavor every time i browse steam." in 9 reviews
Michael R.
Las Vegas
I have used steam for a few years and yes its a must have if you want to get into PC gaming and i don't see how you can go and say you can't get it its free and it has free games that you can download and games go on sale often, along with being able to play games and such you can watch live streams, movies, listen to music, and you can access software for game making, music production, and animation. But it has many problems with its support system which is poorly executed and can annoy many users who need help getting their accounts back. still its free and easy to use so its still worth using.
Malina L.
Waynesburg, KY
This is the only place I go for PC games. You can see other players reviews, screenshots, and videos of most of the games and it's laid out simple enough for anyone to find exactly what they are looking for. I also love the family gaming, I can buy a game and me and my son both can share it with different accounts and on different laptops so I don't have to pay for the game twice.
Maria De Jesus B.
My husband and I really enjoy using Steam for our game downloads. As long as you make sure it's updated, overall its okay. My only complaint would be that we purchased GTA 5 and we have NEVER been able to play it... it always boots us off! Sucks to pay money and not be able to play your game. Other than that, we love the selection of games available there.
Stephanie V.
Gamer Expert Level 4
Steam is what got me into the PC gaming community. It is very convenient to have all of my games linked to one place. There are many free games that are available to the Steam community and most of them are well rated. I play Paladins which I would totally recommend. Steam tells me when one of my friends enters a game which I love. You should be careful with some of the violent games that Steam offers, they can get too "out of hand." In my opinion, I would definitely recommend Steam to all who enjoy PC games and enjoy playing with friends.
Mercedes R.
Steam is awesome. It's a really great way to build up your PC game collection, and you can even add games from outside steam! Makes it a "one stop shop" to access all your PC gaming content. Great prices and pretty much always have sales for one type of game or another. Also, if you make a wishlist they'll even email you when one of your wishlist games go on sale! Love steam.
Emily B.
White Riv Jct, VT
Steam, for the most part, is wonderful. I've been using it for almost 3 years now and MOSTLY there are no problems with it. But, unfortunately, it has broken a lot within the past few weeks. It has stopped working when downloading something, it has just not opened correctly, and it has put me offline and closed randomly on me. Steam is great though. It is easy to start up games and invite friends. So regardless of the issues i've had with it, I do think it's worth the download.
Arren S.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Gamer Expert Level 2
I have been using steam for about a year and a half now and have enjoyed it. Steam ensures that all of my games are easily accessible (through download) on any PC. There are many free games available from steam as well as many ways of getting free games using codes given out in giveaways. There are also 3rd party sites that sell steam keys allowing you to purchase games at cheaper prices however some of these websites cannot be trusted and you do run the risk of getting scammed.

Originally I got steam to play the free games as well as games I received free codes for. In less than 2 years I have accumulated 117 games in which I only paid for approximately 5 of them. While games are offered outside of steam for purchase and download I find that steam is the most convenient option and will introduce you to more content and expand your gaming perspectives. Steam also has an active forum community and workshops where you can, for some games, download free content that will expand your game.

However with this, some issues do arise for steam users. Due to their green-light games, some companies are able to get games into the shop that do not work properly. Issues also arise in games where the developers have released both steam and non steam clients as sometimes the updates are not compatible and the games will not launch properly. This is not a common problem however I have seen this become an issue with games such as Wakfu and Smite.

Overall I would recommend steam as it offers a great deal of content that is harder to manage any other way.
Rachel M.
Mystic, CT
I first started using Steam a few years ago when it was required to play a game I'd bought in store. At first I was really skeptical of the client, I love collecting physical games and it was almost unimaginable to me to collect a library of virtual only titles. However, after using Steam for a few years (and getting a better laptop) the benefits became clearer. They house a large collection of games with a pretty solid free-to-play selection. It's great to be able to download games through the Steam client and to keep all the data together, plus you can easily share screenshots and video captures with friends, not to mention achievements! Usually about 2-3 times a year they have ridiculously good sales with prices that rival Amazon and eBay. Additionally, Steam hosts a selection of games that are Steam exclusive and early access. I'm also a fan of the Greenlight system which allows fans to vote on which games they would like to see on Steam. And the workshop feature builds in a modding system for games which is great for gamers who are worried about validity and keeping computers virus free. If I had one critique it would be that the card system and method of leveling up isn't completely polished and often feels too difficult to maneuver. It turns out I have a second critique too, sometimes when a game is newly released it isn't accessible despite being featured in a scrolling banner, but this is usually quickly remedied. My absolute favorite thing about Steam is being able to buy cheaply priced indie game bundles (such as the Humble Bundle) and redeem the game keys instantly on Steam. I used to really abhor the idea of the virtual game library, but Steam made me a believer. It's a great client and it's free to download, I completely recommend it.
Destiny H.
Steam is a great PC gaming service for anyone going senile or severely ADD. Their program allows you to keep a library of your games all in one place for quick and easy access. I have over 180 games in my library and if it wasn't for Steam.. I'm not sure I'd recall owning many games at all, as I would forget about most of them.
If you play online, adding people to your friends list, chatting with them and joining in games with them is easy. They also offer free Family Share service that allows you to share your games with your family (such as your kids), allowing them to play any of the games in your library - the only catch is you both cannot play the same game at the same time; they will need their own copy so that you can play together.
Their prices are generally retail and I find that it's not worth buying a game through them until they have their annual sales during the Summer and Winter. Although you can catch a great deal from time to time as they have sales often, the games are just not usually prices as well as they are during the Summer and Winter sales.
Many games allow the ability to earn achievements, much like with console gaming. You can also earn Trading Cards while playing certain games, which can then be either sold in the market place for real money that is deposited into your Steam Wallet, or you can save them to craft a badge and earn XP to level your Steam account (which unlocks perks for your profile).
Money siiiiiiiiinkkkkk for the
Angela K.
Has some big variety of games and a good client to communicate with friends, sell items, and even customize your profile. They just released the new VR and I've tried it and it was a fantastic experience. I thought the price of the VR was too high but after the experience I had, it tells me how much it will be so worth it.
Piret R.
How often do they have good deals for good games?
Daniela C.
San juan, TX
What is this
Zach H.
Bossier City, LA
Has anyone tried the new Steam Controller or Console (I'm unsure if it's out yet)? How were they?
Danielle Z.
I see this around quite a bit, what is it?
V E.
How much does this cost?