Valve Corporation Steam uploaded by leticia v.Valve Corporation Steam uploaded by Jessica E.Valve Corporation Steam uploaded by Demarie H.

BY VALVE CORPORATION

Valve Corporation Steam
  • "One of the only places I go to for pc content, if you're a pc gamer and want games for a cheaper price than you have to download the launcher." in 16 reviews
  • "It allows you to keep track of your friends gameplay, get a whole bunch of free games, and keeps all of your games in a neat library (even non Steam ones). " in 13 reviews
  • "They may have a pseudo-monopoly on digital PC gaming sales, but given that other sites can offer Steam keys on sale pretty easily, it's not that bad." in 12 reviews
  • "While I LOVE the idea of Steam, I feel it could be improved in 2 ways: 1) The increase in popularity of the Steam gaming platform has made it so Steam is a requirement for many games, this means that you absolutely MUST have it for the game to function." in 11 reviews
  • "To me steam is like a pc gamer's heaven with so many choices from mainstream devs to indie devs, its like a different flavor every time i browse steam." in 9 reviews
Wessam S.
Wheeling, IL
Gamer Expert Level 1
The best place for pc gaming. Always has sales and can recommend you games you’d like. User reviews are always helpful. Where as you can view screenshots and gameplay of the games. Been using this for about 6 years and I love thats everything is saved in your account. Must use if you’re looking into pc gaming.
Michael R.
Las Vegas
I have used steam for a few years and yes its a must have if you want to get into PC gaming and i don't see how you can go and say you can't get it its free and it has free games that you can download and games go on sale often, along with being able to play games and such you can watch live streams, movies, listen to music, and you can access software for game making, music production, and animation. But it has many problems with its support system which is poorly executed and can annoy many users who need help getting their accounts back. still its free and easy to use so its still worth using.
Ericka B.
Brooklyn, NY
This is the best place to go to for games. With a huge selection and a welcoming community, steam is a must have in your computer. Not only that but the family share allows you to share games with those close to you as well as try out their own libraries.
Malina L.
Waynesburg, KY
This is the only place I go for PC games. You can see other players reviews, screenshots, and videos of most of the games and it's laid out simple enough for anyone to find exactly what they are looking for. I also love the family gaming, I can buy a game and me and my son both can share it with different accounts and on different laptops so I don't have to pay for the game twice.
Maria De Jesus B.
My husband and I really enjoy using Steam for our game downloads. As long as you make sure it's updated, overall its okay. My only complaint would be that we purchased GTA 5 and we have NEVER been able to play it... it always boots us off! Sucks to pay money and not be able to play your game. Other than that, we love the selection of games available there.
Chris W.
Steam is great, always have deals an discounts on the latest games and always something new in store. I have a good amount of games an plan to buy more because it's very accessible also.
Joey P.
Roswell, GA
Steam makes PC gaming a lot easier. No more discs! You can download the games you purchased to any computers. No more lost games. Steam often has sales events, making some the games very affordable. Some games also drop loots to trade/sell on steam.
Stephanie V.
Gamer Expert Level 3
Steam is what got me into the PC gaming community. It is very convenient to have all of my games linked to one place. There are many free games that are available to the Steam community and most of them are well rated. I play Paladins which I would totally recommend. Steam tells me when one of my friends enters a game which I love. You should be careful with some of the violent games that Steam offers, they can get too "out of hand." In my opinion, I would definitely recommend Steam to all who enjoy PC games and enjoy playing with friends.
Emily B.
White Riv Jct, VT
Steam, for the most part, is wonderful. I've been using it for almost 3 years now and MOSTLY there are no problems with it. But, unfortunately, it has broken a lot within the past few weeks. It has stopped working when downloading something, it has just not opened correctly, and it has put me offline and closed randomly on me. Steam is great though. It is easy to start up games and invite friends. So regardless of the issues i've had with it, I do think it's worth the download.
Arren S.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Gamer Expert Level 2
I have been using steam for about a year and a half now and have enjoyed it. Steam ensures that all of my games are easily accessible (through download) on any PC. There are many free games available from steam as well as many ways of getting free games using codes given out in giveaways. There are also 3rd party sites that sell steam keys allowing you to purchase games at cheaper prices however some of these websites cannot be trusted and you do run the risk of getting scammed.

Originally I got steam to play the free games as well as games I received free codes for. In less than 2 years I have accumulated 117 games in which I only paid for approximately 5 of them. While games are offered outside of steam for purchase and download I find that steam is the most convenient option and will introduce you to more content and expand your gaming perspectives. Steam also has an active forum community and workshops where you can, for some games, download free content that will expand your game.

However with this, some issues do arise for steam users. Due to their green-light games, some companies are able to get games into the shop that do not work properly. Issues also arise in games where the developers have released both steam and non steam clients as sometimes the updates are not compatible and the games will not launch properly. This is not a common problem however I have seen this become an issue with games such as Wakfu and Smite.

Overall I would recommend steam as it offers a great deal of content that is harder to manage any other way.
Piret R.
How often do they have good deals for good games?
Daniela C.
texas, ['', '', '']
What is this
Danielle Z.
I see this around quite a bit, what is it?
Zach H.
Bossier City, LA
Has anyone tried the new Steam Controller or Console (I'm unsure if it's out yet)? How were they?
V E.
How much does this cost?