BY VAIL, COLORADO SKI RESORT

• One of the things I have never done before is skiing. Do ...4 Answers
  • Only here for the badge 😭🙌2 Answers
  • Is this a family adventure as I would love to take my fam...4 Answers
Vail, Colorado Ski Resort
  • "It's a nice place, a little quaint, and definitely has a mountain town feel to it, but it definitely feels like a place catering mostly to tourists who roll in during the ski season." in 5 reviews
  • "My boyfriend and I take a trip to Vail once a year and will continue to go back for the skiing." in 5 reviews
Megan V.
Buffalo, NY
I've been a few times! I love the little villages (vail village, lionshead, etc) that are at the base and the restaurants on the mountain are delicious as well. Obviously a little pricey for a daily ski trip, but with savings and planning, it can be totally affordable and super fun!!
Staci C.
Fitchburg, WI
While Colorado probably gets most of the ski hype from the X games and whatnot, Utah is just as nice! I've skied in Salt Lake area parks for years and I love the area. My favorite resorts are Park City and Alta (ski only!)...both within reasonable driving distance from downtown Salt Lake City. So, while Vail is super nice, but almost more of a tourist attraction, I highly recommend Utah skiing!
Katelyn K.
Littleton, CO
I live in Colorado and Vail has always been like a second home to me. It has a great tourist town filled with shops, antiques, good food and activities. If you travel there during the winter holidays there are different activities in Vail Village almost every night, from bonfires to outdoor ice skating. However, the main reason anyone goes there is to ski! Great trails with varying difficulty. Great for families but it does get extremely crowded with international tourists during the busy months. Overall, an amazing place to experience!
Nicole H.
My family just traveled to the Vail resort for Oktoberfest and had a wonderful time. It is beautiful in the summer which a lot of people forget because it is a ski resort. There are tons of activities for children to do at the top of the mountain. We took the gondola to the top and the kids enjoyed rock climbing and trampolines. Wonderful family resort for a visit in the summer or winter.
Allison C.
Guntersville, Al
I loved Vail. We took our kids there over a Thanksgiving break (my only complaint is that its so crowded) It is absolutely beautiful there! I mean seriously its breathtaking! My kids loved it so much they beg to go back. If only we had more time to scout out some local places.
Jennifer B.
South Holland, IL
If I had only had to grade the slopes I would give it an A+. A wide variety of terrains, easily accessible trails, and stunning views make for great snowboarding.

The town that comes along is quaint, but a little touristy for my tastes. I don't blame them, really, it makes sense. But it doesn't make it any less touristy. It doesn't keep me from wanting to go back, though!
Lauren R.
Fort Worth, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Love Love Love Colorado! I have been to many ski resorts and Vail is one of the best! Many many different runs, and have plenty of variety in difficulty of runs in each category (beginner, expert, etc..). They also have many runs per each difficulty category which was great for my family and friends since not everyone could ski at the same level.. was able to provide fun for everyone!
Charlotte S.
Greenville, SC
Stepping into Vail Colorado is like stepping into a winter wonderland. With ice skating rinks and heated stone paved walkways it is truly magical. If you haven't been you really need to go. The mountains are great for skiing and the town is just charming.
Leticia P.
Pensacola, FL
Absolutely love coming here, its a great ski resort, they have everything here the resort is not just a ski resort, there snowshoeing, snowmobiling, they have the best restaurants, shopping and some of the best hotels around, not to mention its beautiful.
Fernanda G.
Orlando, FL
The vail resort in lives 4 different resorts so I actually stayed in breckenridge and it is absolutely the most beautiful place to go skiing. They have crazy high sloped if you are an advanced skier. I'm not, so I stuck to the greens and blues! I also did a horse slay dinner ride at night and a snowmobile guided tour. It can get pricey but it is so worth it,,,
Gladys A.
Is this a fun place for a famliy vacation?
ANNMARGARET P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Is this place worth traveling too?
Aerin S.
Naperville, IL
is this a great place to go for skiing? ive been a bit skeptical because its very expensive, but i've been dying to go after all of the photos ive seen online and in magazines! also, if youve been here before, what is a good place to stay? thanks!
Maddi H.
Rogersville, MO
I am going to Colorado next month. I have been skiing, but not in Vail. Would anyone consider this the best place to ski? or is somewhere else better?
tanya m.
Modesto, CA
This looks like a great vacation places id love to go. Would you say this was a great place for a a family?