BY VAIL, COLORADO SKI RESORT

• One of the things I have never done before is skiing. Do ...4 Answers
  • Only here for the badge 😭🙌2 Answers
  • Is this a family adventure as I would love to take my fam...4 Answers
Vail, Colorado Ski Resort
  • "It's a nice place, a little quaint, and definitely has a mountain town feel to it, but it definitely feels like a place catering mostly to tourists who roll in during the ski season." in 5 reviews
  • "My boyfriend and I take a trip to Vail once a year and will continue to go back for the skiing." in 5 reviews
Tiffany F.
As a native New Englander, I never took ski lessons officially growing up, so when I went out west for the first time and found myself at Vail, I quickly booked into some lessons to enjoy the massive mountain trails. The lessons were worth every penny and I was skiing down the slopes the rest of the trip. The trails were lovely and seemed to go on forever. We stayed in one of the village condos and enjoyed the nightlife and shopping during the daytime, too. I highly recommend the resort.
Veronica M.
Oakton, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
If you want to hit the best and most beautiful slopes Vail is the place to go. It offers great skiing and snow activities along with great views to admire while enjoying a meal or drink. There are also great places to take hikes and admire the beautiful and secluded landscape. It also has great places to stay and great town to walk around and hit the stores as well. It feels nice and peaceful in Vail surrounded by beautiful nature and activities for everyone year round. A great place to escape to.
Kersandra R.
Louisville, KY
The Vail Slopes are AMAZING!! If you are looking for some awesome back country skiing look no farther them Vails Backbowls. If I had only had to grade the slopes I would give it an A+. Vail has a wide variety of terrains, easily accessible trails, and breathtaking views.

Vail Village and Lionshead Town area is quaint and the buildings have a Switzerland architecture feel to them. It is on the pricey side but is completely worth the money for a wonderful winter getaway!
Lauren D.
I love skiing vail. Such a great mountain. The price for a day pass gets up there so and epic ski pass is always the way to go if you are planning on skiing here more than a few times.
Vinita P.
Dallas, TX
Vail is an amazing ski resort, with a large mountain with terrain that suits any type of skier, and great activities for those who don't ski or board as well. However, because it's very popular, the resort can get extremely crowded, and it can be hard to carve out a part of the mountain for peaceful skiing. That being said, it's still worth a visit at any time of the year, and they have done a good job of trying to make the crowd seem less than it really is.
Morgan I.
Fitchburg, WI
Vail is an awesome vacation destination. If you happen to visit the area during the summer, there are tons of trails for mountain hiking, biking, and climbing. In the winter, the ski runs are fantastic and simply unparalleled. If you love the outdoors, this is the perfect vacation spot! Great for families with kids or just couples!
Kelley T.
Watertown, MA
My boyfriend and I take a trip to Vail once a year and will continue to go back for the skiing. It's absolutely beautiful with some of the best restaurants in the U.S. The skiing is perfect and they have amazing trails for beginners as well advanced skiers. We have been to Breck and Beaver Creek and still prefer Vail out of the three. Vail also has some of the best Apres Ski right at the base of the trails!
Sarah L.
Overland Park, KS
I went to Vail during the summer for an offseason getaway. It was great! The town was adorable and there was so much to do. I loved taking the lift up and hiking down. Also rented bikes and rode on the trails - really awesome spot when it isn't crowded! Also totally gorgeous a must when in Colorado
Tiara D.
I absolutely LOVE Vail. I went there right after the holidays and had a great time. I don't ski, but there is lots of shopping and places to eat there. Activities for people of all ages. I really like the size of Vail and the fact that it's very easy to park your car and get around walking.
Megan V.
Buffalo, NY
I've been a few times! I love the little villages (vail village, lionshead, etc) that are at the base and the restaurants on the mountain are delicious as well. Obviously a little pricey for a daily ski trip, but with savings and planning, it can be totally affordable and super fun!!
Gladys A.
Is this a fun place for a famliy vacation?
ANNMARGARET P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Is this place worth traveling too?
Aerin S.
Naperville, IL
is this a great place to go for skiing? ive been a bit skeptical because its very expensive, but i've been dying to go after all of the photos ive seen online and in magazines! also, if youve been here before, what is a good place to stay? thanks!
Maddi H.
Rogersville, MO
I am going to Colorado next month. I have been skiing, but not in Vail. Would anyone consider this the best place to ski? or is somewhere else better?
tanya m.
Modesto, CA
This looks like a great vacation places id love to go. Would you say this was a great place for a a family?