BY VAIL, COLORADO SKI RESORT

• One of the things I have never done before is skiing. Do ...4 Answers
  • Only here for the badge 😭🙌2 Answers
  • Is this a family adventure as I would love to take my fam...4 Answers
Vail, Colorado Ski Resort
  • "It's a nice place, a little quaint, and definitely has a mountain town feel to it, but it definitely feels like a place catering mostly to tourists who roll in during the ski season." in 5 reviews
  • "My boyfriend and I take a trip to Vail once a year and will continue to go back for the skiing." in 5 reviews
Cindi S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
A winter wonderland! Great scenery! Excellent shopping! Scrumptious food for you foodies! The best skiing and resorts!!! The perfect spot to escape to with someone you love or family & friends!
Kristin R.
Washington, DC
I grew up learning to ski at Vail and after visiting many "world class" ski resorts in the United States and Canada I believe it to be the best. The large, varied terrain on the mountain has something for everyone, from beginners to experts, the on-mountain dining options, especially Two Elks Lodge, are phenomenal, and the ski and snowboard instructors are knowledgeable and friendly. The âpres ski options are just as vast, with everything from formal restaurants (I recommend the Alpenrose) to casual pizza joints (Pazzo's is a must-try). The shopping options guarantee that everyone can come home with some sort of souvenir, whether it's a Golden Bear necklace or a t-shirt from Crazy Shirts.
Tiffany V.
My husband and I absolutely love Vail. It is a beautifully quaint ski town and Vail Village is ultra convenient. It has a cozy feel while still having a wide variety of restaurants and stores (even if they are touristy). The architecture calls to mind traditional Swiss buildings and is truly magical snuggled against the mountains. Even if you aren't into skiing, Vail is a great place to visit and offers a stunning array of foliage in the fall, when the area is far less crowded.
Lucy E.
Louisville, KY
I love Vail. It was the second place I went skiing when I was about 8 years old, and we continue to go back time after time. It's a fun town whether you have young kids, are in your twenties or even older- there's always something for everyone. It's close to other resorts like Keystone and Breckenridge, so if it's your 3rd or 4th time there you can easily check out other mountains. If you're into skiiing, I suggest going in early/mid March, usually the rates drop some around there and while there's plenty of snow- you don't have to wear a thousand layers to stay warm. I would love to go sometime in the summer...I hear it's gorgeous then too.
Jenny M.
Colorado Springs, CO
Beautiful! A bit crowded, but the view and amneties were perfect. My husband and teenager loved the slopes and there was tubing for me and the tween. Perfect weekend getaway in the winter. We were also there for a Tough Mudder run that my husband competed in. The views were gorgeous! We took the ski lifts up the mountains to watch more events, and although I am terrified of heights, the sights were amazing. You have to visit, any time of year! You won't regret it.
Helena M.
Hilliard, OH
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I love Vail!! I actually lived in the area and worked in Vail. As a local I enjoyed Beaver Creek better, but as a tourist you must go to Vail! The resort is amazing and has so many different runs for every type of skier. I highly recommend renting from Sebastian Base Camp/Venture Sports while you are there. Staff and service are awesome. The manager Jacob is the best and it's right next to the gondola. They store your skis for you and put them out back for you in the morning, All you have to do is carry them ten yards to the lift. It doesn't get better than that, If you have a car or a rental I recommend staying in Avon because it's cheaper. However, if you can afford it, stay right in the village! It's really nice there with plenty of places to eat as well.
Kaye J.
Great little town to VISIT. it was a very bustling town, but felt extremely manufactured, like disneyland. there were tons of the same shops throughout the village, and i didn't understand how they could all be open for business. i did like the different restaurants and cafes, the food we had at Sweet Basil was delicious.

the parking situation was a little strange. everyone had to park in the massive garage you saw off the highway. there was not a place where you could just drive up to the restaurant/shop; unless you were staying at one of the resorts.

overall a great place to visit, but it was so busy during the summer, i cant imagine what it must be like when its ski season.. too packed for my preference.
Christina B.
San Diego, CA
The Sebastian Vail has an AMAZING restaurant, Lenora, and a small but fun bar, Frost. The rooms are super comfy and the staff is ever obliging with champagne surprises on your birthday. We had a private dinning experience with the lead chef of Lenora and the dessert chef. The dishes were all exquisite and the kitchen is nothing short of brilliant.

The lobby is equally amazing with double sided fireplace and a small study with big screen TV perfect for catching the game before heading out into the village.
Rachel L.
Beautiful resort area! Been here a couple of times for conferences and it's just a great place. In the summer you can take the lift up the mountain and bike down, there are great plea for finning, shopping, etc and it's very family friendly. Parking is limited and the parking garage can fill quickly but most resorts have shuttles or are walking distance to slopes.
Tiffany F.
As a native New Englander, I never took ski lessons officially growing up, so when I went out west for the first time and found myself at Vail, I quickly booked into some lessons to enjoy the massive mountain trails. The lessons were worth every penny and I was skiing down the slopes the rest of the trip. The trails were lovely and seemed to go on forever. We stayed in one of the village condos and enjoyed the nightlife and shopping during the daytime, too. I highly recommend the resort.
Gladys A.
Is this a fun place for a famliy vacation?
ANNMARGARET P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Is this place worth traveling too?
Aerin S.
Naperville, IL
is this a great place to go for skiing? ive been a bit skeptical because its very expensive, but i've been dying to go after all of the photos ive seen online and in magazines! also, if youve been here before, what is a good place to stay? thanks!
Maddi H.
Rogersville, MO
I am going to Colorado next month. I have been skiing, but not in Vail. Would anyone consider this the best place to ski? or is somewhere else better?
tanya m.
Modesto, CA
This looks like a great vacation places id love to go. Would you say this was a great place for a a family?