BY U.S. CELLULAR

U.S Cellular features free unlimited incoming calls, allowing users to receive calls without charge. In addition, they offer unlimited incoming text, picture, and video messages. see more...

U.S. Cellular
  • "After some more very disappointing customer service and phone that STILL DID NOT WORK, my family I called it quits and I switched to Verizon with much better coverage and excellent customer service." in 4 reviews
  • "I've had a cell phone for at least 10 years, and I've been through my fair share of companies." in 2 reviews
  • "I have honestly thought about taking my account elsewhere just because of the bad customer service experience. " in 1 review
  • "I have been with U.S. Cellular for many years and We Have the best family plan ever." in 1 review
  • "The plan that I'm on has unlimited texting and incoming calls." in 1 review
Corinne B.
Oakland, OR
I got on with this company because I needed to get cell phone service to communicate with family, and they have simple unlimited talk and text. It's best to pay over the phone, because if you try to pay in person, you'll be likely to wait for hours. Plus, if/when I move north, I will likely have to switch because they don't do prepaid cell phone service in the Eugene and Portland areas. (My brother moved to Corvallis and learned this lesson the hard way.) I hate it that their prepaid service is limited. Not everyone has money to pay for a smartphone!
Aubrey V.
Meredith, NH
My family and I had US Cellular plan for over 4 years. We never had outstanding customer service, but the cell service was good for the area we lived in. Last summer we decided we wanted to switch our plan and upgrade to smart phones. When I tried to switch over, it was a horrible experience. Who ever set up my phone and plan made a mistake so I was unable to call or text at all. I understand that mistakes happen, however when I went in to get it fixed instead of apologizing and trying to fix it right away they tried to blame. They ended up having to redo a few things and reactivate the phone, which they wanted me to pay another activation fee even though it was US Cellular that had made a mistake in the first place. After some more very disappointing customer service and phone that STILL DID NOT WORK, my family I called it quits and I switched to Verizon with much better coverage and excellent customer service. After being a customer for US Cellular for 4 years, I expected to get a little more respect and help and not charged extra money for something that was their mistake and not mine. I know others have had better experiences with US Cellular, however after being treated so poorly I would not recommend them to anyone.
Sandra P.
This company is just alright. They are misleading at times but their packages are reasonable and they do have decent promotions. I would recommend @uscellular. I use them now but since the issue I just had with getting the @samsunggalaxyS8, I think I might switch.
Sichelle W.
Mendocino, CA
US Cellular used to be excellent. Now, they're just ok. I loved the Belief Rewards Program, and I loved the free battery exchange. I also loved their customer service. But over Christmas 2012, we ran into some serious issues with their billing switchover, and their shipping center. They also changed their exchange policy, from 30 days to 15, without me ever knowing it. So I missed out on being able to correct THEIR mistake, because I wasn't within the 15 day exchange period.

They did, however, make up for it this year. They offered us a complimentary free upgrade, to apologize for the mistakes made over 2012/13 switchover. Which we happily took advantage of. And we got the penny deals on the new iPhone 5C's. We got two, and have been very happy ever since.

So all in all, they are a great company, albeit an expensive one, and they make up for their mistakes.
Dominik M.
Greenville, SC
I've only been with US cellular for a short time but I have to say over-all their service is good in the area I live in. They really need to expand their coverage areas as it relates to larger cities. Once you're outside of their regional areas you're roaming on a partner companies towers so you may or may not have voice/data or both services depending on where you are. So for now I'll stick with them but if I move away from this area I will definitely have to drop them as my provider and switch back to Verizon because they have coverage all most everywhere.
Rebecca Z.
Whitehall , Wi
I've had a cell phone for at least 10 years, and I've been through my fair share of companies. Some local, smaller companys, and a couple nation wide companies too. Overall US Cellular has been the best one yet.

They offer business plans which are VERY affordable and all you need to prove a business is a business card or flier of your company.

The phones they offer aren't the most desirable but they get the job done, and they starting to offer some newer phones online.

I have and will continue to recommend this company!
Tammie V.
Evansdale, IA
I have a love/hate relationship with US Cellular. When I go into the store the staff is very professional and knowledgeable. I even love the plans they offer that cover everyone on our shared plan. My one major complaint about the company is their customer service call center. Every-time I call them, I get a different answer and normally its wrong. I have to walk them through each step of what is wrong before they finally understand or if not I have to request a supervisor before the supervisor can finally make the correction. I have honestly thought about taking my account elsewhere just because of the bad customer service experience.
Demetria B.
Milwaukee, WI
I have mixed reviews about USC. I love my service with the company, however the phone selections aren't up to date which is fine. I haven't had any problems with customer service just yet but you will have problems with every phone company. My biggest problem is getting a upgrade if you get a phone replacement then the date for your phone upgrade is pushed back!!!!
Carlie N.
Lawton, OK
My parents were on US Cellular for over 20 years. It was the first cell phone service they had and was great for awhile. However, the customer service went downhill within the last 8 years or so. That on top of not getting the latest phones got annoying and we switched providers. I wouldn't recommend it here, but maybe it's still good where you are. Shop around.
Melissa S.
Springfield, VT
I haven't ever really had any problems with this company and we have been using them for at least 10 years. A little issue with the billing because of an upgrade to the system the electronic withdrawals weren't working, but that is all fixed now. The plan that I'm on has unlimited texting and incoming calls. for 3 phones it's a bit on the pricey side.
valeria d.
El paso, TX
Techie Expert
Is this prepaid service ?