U.S. Airways uploaded by Sasha M.U.S. Airways uploaded by Madalyn h.

BY U.S. AIRWAYS

• What areas don't they have services at?2 Answers
  • How great are they?5 Answers
  • Has anyone had a run in with a funny flight attendant? 8 Answers
U.S. Airways
  • "When comparing other airlines, however, the security of their helpful, user friendly customer service in the event of complications sets this airline apart." in 12 reviews
  • "On a positive note, every flight attendant I've encountered has been very professional, polite, and friendly and once I'm actually airborne all the flights have been very smooth and pleasant. " in 10 reviews
  • "The one time I flew on U.S. Airways some years ago, I remember that I had a good experience." in 5 reviews
Shai T.
Shai T.
Newark, DE
I always chose to fly USAirways whenever I could. Not only did they have the most direct flights to major cities but also their schedules were great. As an elite member, the benefits were great too with the free upgrades to first class and the baggage allowances. I could also use miles to upgrade on international flights and use the airline lounge facilities at the airport. After the merger, I find myself less and less in love with the new American Airlines way. Although their planes are certainly cleaner most of the time, their entertainment options in flight are very lacking and if you use the online option they charge you per movie. There are no more automatic upgrades and your elite status does not allow you to use the international lounges unless you also have a first or business class ticket. You have to use your own miles to upgrade, which is fine but if you want to save your miles for a truly special trip then you will have to cram yourself into coach the rest of the time. And I say literally cram because if you do not get a chance to select the "main cabin" or "premium" seats you are stuck with very little legroom.
Allisa A.
Allisa A.
It's been over a year now since flying back to Hawaii for my mom's Funeral Service and to spend some much needed time with my side of our family. I still very much remember the day I called this Airlines to book the flights we would need to go and come home on, for my husband and our oldest, who was our only child at the time, and myself. The lady I got the wonderful privilege of speaking too was a Blessing to me that day. She was so very kind to a very broken hearten me.... She went out of her way to answer any and all questions that I had, and took care of all that she could on her end.
What was special about this trip was this was the very first time my oldest had ever flown, and the seats we were placed in were perfectly selected for us, which made the flight that could have been a pain with active boy a joy.
My hope is that since the merger with American Airlines, US Air Ways keeps the wonderful lady who helped me out that day I bought our tickets over the phone.
It was this day that I learned the why its best to purchase your tickets directly from the airlines.
Mallory K.
Mallory K.
Memphis, TN
I have been a loyal us airways customer for 10 years, and have flown with them more than 100 times, from multiple airports across the United States. I have one especially positive memories/experiences on this airline. I flew back to college in AL from my parents house in MA on my 21st birthday. I used my points and upgraded my flight to first class. I ordered my first legal drink and the flight attendant realized from my license it was my birthday, and when she brought me my drink she, along with the entire first class cabin, (full of older business men) sang me happy birthday, which I thought was incredibly sweet. I've never had luggage go missing with this airline, and have been impressed with their reward programs, and the easiness/point redemption options.
Eden B.
Eden B.
Saratoga Spgs, UT
I will avoid flying with this carrier at all costs. We fly frequently and find that post merge with AA this airline is never on time, always delayed and sometimes cancelled all together. In fairness, for some time I was flying out of Boise Idaho Airport, which is a small airport. But, time and time again I dreaded flying this airline because they consistently cancelled flights. I'm not sure if it was the location to blame or the airline. It was just plain frustrating. At this particular airport they also had no curb side amenities which can be a pain when traveling with children. I still have to fly with them when heading to DFW but they wouldn't be my first choice.
Erin M.
Erin M.
I had a good experience with this airline. Everyone was friendly. We did not experience any delays, but we almost missed our connecting flight in Philadelphia on our way home. We had scheduled the flights so that there was about an hour layover between the connecting flights to give us plenty of time, but we didn't have near that and had to rush to get to there in time. Other than that, everything else worked well.
Shelly W.
Shelly W.
San Jose, CA
Globetrotter Expert
I used to fly this all the time because it was one of the only airlines into New Haven's tiny airport. It's small, planes and seating feel old and outdated. tickets are cheap though, fair and bearable for college students but as a working professional sometimes it's ok to splurge on a better airline and direct flights
Jamie G.
Jamie G.
Cary, NC
Globetrotter Expert
Me and my family seem to always be traveling with US Airways. We tend to go with the cheapest flights and I guess they are it! The planes are actually pretty small and the seats kind of stink but they are not unbearable. For a trip not too long and for cheapest prices definitely go with this airline.
Sasha M.
Sasha M.
Indio, CA
This is no longer US Air ways its the new American Airlines. I love fling American airlines because they have great customer care and amazing first class meals lol. I try to fly 3 times a year on personal travel and all with American. I travel often on business and always choose American Airlines.
Mary E.
Mary E.
Columbia, SC
Officially now merged with American, their hub is in Charlotte, NC so generally cheaper flights can be taken from there than on other airlines. I used to fly US Air a lot and only had one really bad experience, which is sadly not a bad track records as far as airlines go.
Jaleh N.
Jaleh N.
Lutherville, MD
Globetrotter Expert
Compared to European airlines, this airline is awful. The food is subpar, the customer service is lacking, and the airline always feels dirty. You can get to where you need to go, but this is definitely an airline intent on making money; not making an experience.
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Commerce City, Co
Globetrotter Expert
How does us airways do in terms of service since merging with American Airlines?
Patricia B.
Patricia B.
Toms River, NJ
Globetrotter Expert
How does us airways quality of flights compare to other planes you've been on ?
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Powder Spgs, GA
Globetrotter Expert
Has anyone had a run in with a funny flight attendant?
Brianna C.
Brianna C.
Leland, NC
Globetrotter Expert
Has anyone flown with them since their companies merge with AA?
Crystal C.