U.S. Airways uploaded by Sasha M.U.S. Airways uploaded by Madalyn h.

BY U.S. AIRWAYS

U.S. Airways
  • "When comparing other airlines, however, the security of their helpful, user friendly customer service in the event of complications sets this airline apart." in 12 reviews
  • "On a positive note, every flight attendant I've encountered has been very professional, polite, and friendly and once I'm actually airborne all the flights have been very smooth and pleasant. " in 10 reviews
  • "The one time I flew on U.S. Airways some years ago, I remember that I had a good experience." in 5 reviews
Maria B.
It has been some time since I flew US Airways, but it is the Airline I fly, when I travel outside of work. I have never had a bad experience and the flight attendants have always been very kind and professional. For some reason, I always feel safe in their planes. I took on two separate occasions, a Delta flight. The first flight, the plane was so old, it looked like something from the 70's. There was an odor and the seats had tears in them. The second time was even worse. The window was hanging out of the plane upon landing. For me, safety is everything, even above how a flight attendant treats me. If you are looking for safety, fly US Airways.
Kati L.
Hamilton, OH
We don't travel often so I don't feel I can give an educated review on US Airways. The few times we have flown with them everything went just as planned. The staff were all very nice and helpful.
Heather W.
Mooresville, NC
So, I am based in Charlotte which means I am in a US Air/American hub. There are plenty of options for me, but in truth, I much prefer other airlines. I find I have better experiences with Delta as a whole, while other airlines are hit and miss. US Airways planes just seem so old, stripped down and the service is not on par with Delta or other airlines. I'll continue to fly US/American, but it's not my first choice.
Christina W.
I use to fly with US Airways quite often. Too many bad experiences with rude staff. The last time was the straw that broke the camels back. Was flying to Paris after the death of my best friend. That year, awful ice storms were hitting the east coast (I was stuck in Philadelphia). I understand that tension can be high and you can only do so much when mother nature strikes. But it doesn't excuse the woman at the desk to yell, "Stop crying, it's not my fault you missed your flight." I said nothing. I just stood there and silently cried to myself as she continued to huff and puff. I was 21 years old and flying overseas, by myself for the first time. To that woman: it wasn't just about missing my flight but also wondering where my bags were which held the charger to my dead cell phone and where I was going to stay (which was in a random small town in NJ) on top of losing someone and then later for being yelled at. There was no compensation in anyway, not even a bottled water. My hotel bill was through the roof, had to use the hotel phone to call overseas to my friend who I was meeting over there.
The experience with them and their customer service remained terrible, with the exception of one flight attendant who saw that I was having a difficult time. I wish I remembered her name. But yeah, never again.
Marlea P.
I haven't flown in a long time but this airlines is the one I always use. My favorite pet is that the sears are comfortable. I am satisfied with my overall experience with them. I flown with them to Florida and New York and I enjoyed ever flight.
brittany r.
Burlington, VT
I flew with US airways on a recent vacation, and it was a nightmare. I would understand if they had delays and did their best to make sure that people made their connections, but they wouldn't update flight statuses until it was too late to do anything else. When you're supposed to board a plan in 20 minutes and THEN they update the flight status, that's a little bit too late. We missed our connection going on vacation and got stuck midway, and when we landed it was too late to get our checked bag (we were told we could get it no problem) so we had no toiletries change of clothes or anything. I understand that there are delays, but they need to communicate with the people that are flying and not lie to them. I've been delayed many times before (living in the northeast it's normal that weather delays flights) but the way they handle it isn't right.
The only reason that I gave them two stars instead of one is on the way home, we almost missed our connection again (another 10 minute warning that our flight was delayed while sitting in the airport) and I made it to the connection before my husband. He had to stay behind to get our carry on piece that we had to put under the plane, so he took a little bit longer than I did ( I RAN to the plane.) The gate attendant was extremely rude (yelling at me to get on the flight while I was seeing how far behind my husband was). I got on the plane and asked the flight attendant if we could wait the 2 minutes for him to get off the shuttle and to our gate. She talked to the pilots and the captain of the plane went out to get my husband before departure. That was the BEST flight staff ever, but the rest of our entire flight experiences with them this trip and in the past were horrendous.
Allisa A.
It's been over a year now since flying back to Hawaii for my mom's Funeral Service and to spend some much needed time with my side of our family. I still very much remember the day I called this Airlines to book the flights we would need to go and come home on, for my husband and our oldest, who was our only child at the time, and myself. The lady I got the wonderful privilege of speaking too was a Blessing to me that day. She was so very kind to a very broken hearten me.... She went out of her way to answer any and all questions that I had, and took care of all that she could on her end.
What was special about this trip was this was the very first time my oldest had ever flown, and the seats we were placed in were perfectly selected for us, which made the flight that could have been a pain with active boy a joy.
My hope is that since the merger with American Airlines, US Air Ways keeps the wonderful lady who helped me out that day I bought our tickets over the phone.
It was this day that I learned the why its best to purchase your tickets directly from the airlines.
Silvia P.
Niles, IL
I've never had an issue flying US Airways! Booking tickets was easy online and checking in online went smoothly. It was an easy process getting my seat moved to be closer to a friend when I got to the airport!
Wendy R.
Dover, MA
US Airways is closed and it was absorbed by american airlines, this was totally the best thing could happen since they had the most restrictive cancellaton and echange policy, charging $150 as a fee  no matter what the price or the route was and they also had the mos trestrictive extenuating circumstance polict
Alicia R.
I flew with US Airways and they re-routed me through Caracas, Venezuela. When my plane there was delayed and I missed my next flight out (that they scheduled after my re-route) they left me there with no way out. I had to try to speak spanish enough to buy my own plane ticket. in a country that doesn't accept American money. I was left there for 48 hours before I could finally get out. They never reimbursed my money or replaced the two suitcases I had to leave behind to get on my next flight due. And the worst part, what REALLY bothered me. When I spoke to their customer service on the phone (that I had to beg, barter and steal for time on) I told the woman " You are leaving two American citizens stranded in an unsafe country!!! Help us!!' and she said, from her cushy American office, "I know how you feel, but there's nothing I can do to help you. Have a good rest of your trip." When I finally got back to safety I called and called and called and no one would listen to or compensate me for the extra $1000 I had to spend on top of the US Airways tickets I had already bought. WORST AIRLINE EVER!!! I will never fly with Useless Airways again if I can help it. I tell everyone this story and it was even published in a local newspaper in my town.
Jessica R.
Commerce City, CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How does us airways do in terms of service since merging with American Airlines?
Patricia B.
Toms River, NJ
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
How does us airways quality of flights compare to other planes you've been on ?
Lauren S.
Powder Spgs, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Has anyone had a run in with a funny flight attendant?
Brianna C.
Leland, NC
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Has anyone flown with them since their companies merge with AA?
Crystal C.