BY URBAN DECAY #31 in Makeup Palettes

A special-edition collection that's inspired by Jean-Michel Basquiat's iconic artwork. From the colors and shade names to the packaging, everything in this collection evolved from Basquiat's art. Like Urban Decay, Basquiat was an outsider who challenged the status quo and used color in nontraditional ways. From his informal graffiti work to the way he mixed mediums and colors to the way he spoke out against social injustice, it's hard to imagine a more perfect fit for Urban Decay. Jean-Michel Basquiat began drawing and painting at the age of four and never stopped. By the time he was in his teens, his graffiti was a fixture around lower Manhattan. After leaving home at 17, he began selling hand-painted postcards and T-shirts. At 20, he landed his first public exhibition and quickly rose to fame on the '80s art scene in New York City. His iconic work is still exhibited all over the world.

Lindsay M.
Costa Mesa, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Epigram (neutral sienna cream), Abstract (nude-taupe cream), Exhibition (medium pink-purple comfort matte)
I know these were limited edition, but if you can find them still they're worth it! the formula is super creamy (even the matte), totally opaque, and I love how the shades really work on a variety of skin tones. I don't actually feel like I use one more than the others, as I find a reason to wear all three pretty often.
Exhiibition is a great pop pf color that elicits compliments everywhere,  Epigram is great to pair with a more neutral everyday look with a semi bold lip, and Abstract is the perfect nude to pair with a dramatic eye. Highly recommend. Plus the packaging is really cool, especially if you're a Basquiat fan.
Paz R.
chula vista
Review for: Abstract (nude-taupe cream)
two words I would never string together to describe the perfect sultry lipstick — until this little sample landed on my desk. Yes, it’s pink. And yes, it has purple undertones. But there’s nothing stuffy or stale or conservative about it. It’s moisturizing, fresh, and sexy as hell. It’s also incredibly versatile. I like to blend it with a berry shade for a cool ombré effect. And if I layer it over a nude lip pencil, I get my perfect natural lip color kicked up a notch.
Aiden L.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: Abstract (nude-taupe cream)
I really really really love this collection not only because it is featuring one of my favorite artist but because it showing a little bit of culture within the brand I love the color abstract over a brown lip liner or as an accent color for in the middle of the lip it is a perfect fit
PATRICIA M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Abstract (nude-taupe cream), Exhibition (medium pink-purple comfort matte)
I love both the Exhibition Matte and the Abstract Cream. The exhibition is extremely bright and highly pigmented and the nude is really creamy on goes on smoothly. I have an olive color and have received compliments on Exhibition. I would definitely recommend both of these. Unfortunately, they have become discontinued and I have really fallen in love with the Exhibition. Please bring it back!
Lindsey S.
Review for: Epigram (neutral sienna cream), Abstract (nude-taupe cream)
I bought these on sale from Ulta, and I wish I had bought more. I am usually a liquid lip or chaptstick kind of girl, but I love how these apply, and the colors are great. Kicking myself that I didn't stock up, since they are LE. If you can get your hands on them, they are my fav for traditional lipstick, beating out my Clinique, Lipstick Queen, and Marc Jacobs
Maura K.
Review for: Abstract (nude-taupe cream)
This lipstick is long wearing and opaque, which I like, but it could be a little more hydrating. It pulls very brown on my fair, cool toned skin, which isn't the most flattering, but if I blot it to let a little bit of my natural lip color show, it looks nice. I'm glad I didn't pay full price, and I wouldn't recommend it to people with my complexion.
Natalie C.
Aurora, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Epigram (neutral sienna cream)
Urban Decay hands down the best formula of lipsticks. They are pigmented and smooth, they apply and blend easily. They aren't the longest lasting but I don't mind reapplying. I would definitely repurchase. I did pick up a backup since it was from a Limited Edition collection.
Mallory S.
Clovis, CA
Review for: Abstract (nude-taupe cream)
It's a nice, warm nude brown in a very creamy formula. The coverage is incredible. It's much like their other lipstick formulas, and lasts on the lips for a good amount of time. It's just like any other stick lipstick and it does transfer, but there's nothing abnormal or wrong with it. It's very much a desert vibe kinda thing, and I love it
Nikki K.
Review for: Exhibition (medium pink-purple comfort matte)
I really loved the color and liked how it paired with my olive skin tone, plus I don't have a lot of Matte lipsticks in brighter shades. Since it was on sale at Ulta, I grabbed it. I'm not sure that I would purchase again, especially at full price. It doesn't last very long and comes off within an hour, even without eating or drinking.
Karen F.
north chelmsford, ma
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Exhibition (medium pink-purple comfort matte)
This color is right up my alley. I am crazy about anything purple so when i picked thia up for $11, i was excited. It has good pigmantation even though you have to go over it a couple of times to get it close to opaque but that's normal with regular lipstick as opposed to liquid lippies. It does keep my lips hydrated which is a plus!
Alecia K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Whats your favorite shade? :)
Sarah T.
Bradenton, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is everyone's favorite lipstick color from this collection?