BY URBAN DECAY #33 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Ready to take your Naked skin to the next level? Instantly velvetize your foundation with The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium.

Simply mix a dime-size amount of this product into Naked Skin Liquid Makeup (or Naked Skin One & Done) to create an extra velvety feel, a beautiful matte finish and added coverage. The result: silky, airbrushed-looking Naked skin. The Velvetizer makes it easy to instantly transform your complexion whenever you want, and it won’t mess with the color of your other products.

This powder has an ultra-fine, addictively luxurious feel that’s like nothing else out there! Our high-tech formula provides a smooth, soft-focus effect for your most perfected complexion. It even doubles as a finishing powder when used alone, setting your makeup for a flawless finish. And it’s free of oil, parabens, alcohol and fragrances.

This velvety powder comes in a gorgeous, double-walled jar with a highly metallized gunmetal lid debossed with the UD icon. Inside, a custom gunmetal sifter (shaped like the UD icon) dispenses just the right amount of powder. We even added a velvet finish to the label and the packaging to echo the texture of the formula.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

• Silica

• CI 77742 / Manganese Violet
  • Mica
  • CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride

• I seriously can't wait to try Urban Decay The Velvetizer Transluc...1 Answers
  • So you mix this in with your liquid foundation? D... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora*
Shasha S.
I loveeee this product.
Its long lasting and finshing is amazing.
I love this top most brand.
This  is one of my favorites brands and with reasonable price.
It gives soft texture on skin.
I would definitely recommend this product and brand too.
Its better to search for offers before buying.
Have different shades of color for different skin tones.
I like to visit above stores only to buy this and find offers.
It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also.
It would be too nice if there are some small samples to try before we buy.
Shade is just awesome on my skin and hope for others too.
It has matte texture.
I would definitely buy More n more n more...
I love trying new products and samples tooooooo.
Its bestiest best product I have ever used...
Giselle F.
Hackettstown, NJ
I have classic oily skin, and When I say classic, I mean it...from forehead, to over my eyelids, to on my cheeks, to my nose, and chin...oil, oil, oil!!! I’m not one to wear much makeup to begin with cause honestly, I just don’t feel like it; however, I do tend to wear tinted face moisturizers or light to medium coverage foundations. The bad thing is no matter what makeup I use, my face always ends up oily after a few hours. I tried this product not expecting much cause I’ve been here before with products making bold promises and failing to deliver. I mixed a dime sized amount of this velvetizer with my tinted moisturizer and put it on my face and my face looked flawless ALL DAY!!!!!! I then tried it the next day as a finishing powder after putting on my cream to powder foundation that’s in a compact, and it was the same flawless results!!! THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE THING!!!!
Kylie A.
Phoenix
I definitely enjoy this product! I do not sweep it on over makeup, but rather mix it in with my liquid foundation. I don’t use it year round because in the winter when my skin is more dry it just makes it look extra dry. However, during the summer time when I am sweating profusely (I’m talking 110+ AZ heat) it helps so much!! Makes my skin look lovely and matte and I also feel it makes my pores appear smaller! The only reason I gave 4 stars is because after purchasing I heard rumors that they just put the velvet label over their Naked Skin setting powder and were selling the exact same product while marketing it as a special product. Not 100% sure whether or not this is true or they just recycled the packaging to try to be more eco-friendly.
Lauren B.
Horsham, PA
I was so excited to purchase this after I felt it in Ulta and felt how fine milled it was and how it blended out on my skin. When I first used it, I used it to set my under eye and it blurred my pores and I was amazed. However within 10 minutes it oxidized a good 2 shades darker and I wound up taking it off entirely. I later tried mixing it in with some of my lightest foundations and it turns them into a mousse which felt great on the skin. It blurred my pores and looked so nice but continued to oxidize. I went back and got the translucent shade and it still oxidized. I am so disappointed because it really does blur the pores and make the skin feel amazing!
Michelle G.
I have extremely oily skin and large pores. No matter what foundation or primer I use my makeup starts falling off. This keeps my makeup on all day through school and work. My face is so matte by the end of the day. I mix this in with my kat von d foundation and it makes it even more full coverage which I love. I also set my entire face with this powder and it give my face an airbrushed look. It really minimizes the look of my pores and makes my face look really smooth. I actually like this more than my Laura Mercier setting powder which is saying a lot. I will continue to purchase this powder.
KJoy B.
This product is AMAZING! It makes almost any liquid foundation matte and it lasts all day. I've used it with my NARS, Estee Lauder Double Wear and my Urban Decay Naked foundations. It doesn't really take a dime-size amount honestly. I just put a few pumps of foundation on my mixing mirror and add a little bit of mixer until I like the consistency. You do have to work to mix since the foundation seems to repel the powder lol.
AbaGayle B.
Midway Park, NC
As a traditional setting powder, I would not recommend this. If you're anything other than sun kissed, it will leave your face orange. However, to mix into foundation or pat/brush onto your face, it's fantastic! As a mix in it will slightly lighten (or darken depending on your skin tone) the shade of your foundation while adding a little bit of coverage and contributing to longevity. I would NOT recommend using this with an already thick foundation, as I find it tends to cake up and look dry. I prefer using this with my more liquid foundations that don't provide makeup longevity. For the price you don't really receive much product if I'm being honest. However I've owned this product since it originally released and I still am using my jar! The power is soooo fine and soft that you feel like you're applying nothing to your face, but you're picking up a lot of product. My point being - you may not think there's a lot in there but a little goes a long way.
Overall I would really recommend this to anyone that takes makeup seriously and wants a SMOOTH, FLAWLESS, PORELESS, AIRBRUSHED look. This powder is perfect for you!
Kelsea J.
Athens, GA
The Urban Decay Velvetizer does exactly what the name suggests, creates a velvety smooth finish on your face with no flashback whatsoever. A little on the pricey side for a translucent powder, but definitely would buy again. I have dry oily and normal skin around my T-zone, this powder does nothing to enhance any of those aspects: covers nicely without drying, lays without creating excess oils, and overall looks great on any skin! Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-in Medium
Blake C.
This product is very finely milled and I love how I️t truly does feel velvety to the touch, but I’ve always only used it as a setting Powder, never as a mix in product. I found that the way I used I️t was great, and it made my skin very soft just as advertised, but i wouldn’t rely on just this Powder to keep my makeup in place or to bake. I’ve noticed this does make my foundation/concealer a little darker after applying, but overall it’s not terrible. May just be the way I️ chose to use I️t.
NATALYA D.
I really like the product as well because it gives me that luxurious feeling due to the velvet powder feel. I still refer Laura Mercier or the Makeup forever powder but this will be my go to after those products. It also depends on your preference or mood as well. My skin is a combination of oily and dry so when I mix them-they work the best for me but I know some of my friends don’t like this powder as much as I do.Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-in Medium
Anna F.
Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-in Medium. Is this product worth the money? Does it work for a woman over 35?
Claudia L.
Dudley, England
Does anyone know if this is available in the Uk? I've looked but can't find it. It looks amazing.
Darian J.
Belton, MO
I would LOVE to try this! Why haven't I heard anything about it yet?? Can this be mixed in to foundation and used as a setting/baking powder at the same time? It sounds really neat I haven't heard of a product like this before. Urban decay products are always high quality.
Christine K.
Is this okay for people with fair skin?
Darrian S.
Conroe, TX
Does Sephora offer samples of this?? I really wanna try it out but I dont wanna waste my money. I'm torn between trying this powder out and another finishing powder.