BY URBAN DECAY #83 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

An ultra-fine, mix-in powder that gives foundation an extra velvety feel, a beautiful matte finish, and added coverage. Instantly get a velvety foundation texture with The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium by Urban Decay. Just mix a dime-size amount of this product into Naked Skin Liquid Makeup (or Naked Skin One & Done) for an extra velvety feel, a matte finish, and more coverage. The Velvetizer makes it easy to instantly transform your complexion whenever you want without disturbing the color in your other products. The result: a silky, airbrushed finish. This powder has an ultra-fine, addictively radiant feel. Urban Decay's high-tech formula provides a smooth, soft-focus effect for your most perfected complexion. It even doubles as a finishing powder when used alone, setting your makeup for a flawless finish. Free of oil, alcohol, and fragrances, this velvety powder comes in a gorgeous, double-walled jar with a velvet label and a highly metallized gunmetal lid debossed with the Urban Decay icon. Inside, a custom gunmetal sifter (shaped like the Urban Decay design) dispenses just the right amount of powder. It is formulated Without: - Parabens

• I seriously can't wait to try Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucen...1 Answers
  • Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium. Is this produ...3 Answers
  • Is this okay for people with fair skin?3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Rachel F.
Rachel F.
Cowlesville, NY
Review for: Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium 0.28 oz/ 8 g
I was SO excited to try this product, I tried to snag it once and then my order was cancelled because the product was sold out and I was so upset after seeing all the great reviews and watching makeup videos on youtube about it. If I said I was amazed and this is the answer to all my oiley skin problems, I'd be lying. It works pretty good, definitely better than any other powder that I've used if I use this as a setting powder. It's so finely milled and leaves my skin feeling SO soft that I could just touch my skin for hours, it does wear off after about 6 hours and some shine does peek through but nothing unmanageable. I decided to use this as a mix in with my Lancôme Tient foundation and I think it works the same if not a little better than using it as a setting powder. The best thing about mixing the powder in with foundation is that it doesn't look or feel cakey on your face, it doesn't separate when the oils peek through, it minimizes the pores on your face, and it looks absolutely flawless!! The only thing I hate is that I have to use almost double if not triple the amount of foundation when I mix the powder in. My foundation is already expensive enough as it is. If I was using a drug store foundation I would have absolutely no problem mixing in this powder with my foundation. I'd recommend this for anyone that struggles with oiley skin though and I will be back to buy more of this!
Lyss Z.
Lyss Z.
Drexel Hill, PA
Review for: Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium 0.28 oz/ 8 g
This stuff is amazeeee!! Like GURL where have you been my whole liiife?!

Okay, oily skin girls listen up! If you struggle with oily skin, if you struggle with your makeup sliding off of your face, if you struggle with just keeping your face matte and need a little extra coverage, if you're having a bad acne need and need a little extra coverage : YOU NEED THIS!

I was really unsure, but always really intrigued about this product at the same time. This product is a mix in medium. It says you have to use their foundation, but I have used it with both Laura Mercier and Estée Lauder and it has worked beautifully with both of those. Just make sure it's liquid.

Now this product claims a lot on the packaging, and it surpassed all of my expectations and more. My makeup last foreverrrrr and it stays matte and keeps my makeup transfer proof. It does had extra coverage to your foundation without making your skin cakey or heavy in any way. I also feel that you get a good amount of product.
Brooke C.
Brooke C.
Rockingham, NC
Review for: Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium 0.28 oz/ 8 g
Very unique product, I haven't tried many products quite like this. I don't prefer matte foundations or powders for my dry skin type but I like the idea of adding this to my dewy, Luminous foundations on days I opt for a fuller coverage, matte base or to add to other foundations on clients who have oily skin types, this product can be tailored to fit any need and can make the base more matte the more of this powder you add to the foundation. This can also be used as a stand alone powder as well to set your face. The texture of this is unlike any other powder I've felt it's truly just like velvet. I definitely recommend if you're oily or combo skin types or if you like to experience new innovative makeup products.
Caitlin K.
Caitlin K.
Kalamazoo, MI
Review for: Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium 0.28 oz/ 8 g, Other
This product is an absolute HIT. You can either mix this in with your foundation or use as a setting powder. The packaging isn't anything special, but it isn't bad either. The powder itself is extremely finely milled and super soft. When mixing with a foundation, it helps provide a matte finish that helps lock your foundation in place for an insane amount of time, helps to provide more coverage, and leaves the most beautiful, soft, airbrush finish. When used as a setting powder alone, it is great with keeping your cream products in place as well but it does exhibit some flashback so be careful to dust off any excess after applying and try to avoid the flash on a camera. Natural lighting is the best in my opinion anyways! Overall, this product is amazing and it's worth every cent.
Carla H.
Carla H.
Hazard, KY
Review for: Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium 0.28 oz/ 8 g
The is my new holy grail Powder! This stuff is amazing. It leaves your face Matte there are absolutely NO CONS with this. It makes your makeup last for hours. You use a dime size amount to any foundation and it turns it Matte and full coverage. Any foundation doesn't matter what it is. If you have a foundation that doesn't give you enough coverage just use this and it makes it full coverage. I can't say enough about this Powder it's amazing and I don't know how they made this but it's a life savor for anyone with oily skin. You can also use it just as setting Powder and also either way you use it leaves your skin feeling like velvet like it's name Velvetizer! I highly highly highly recommend this Powder!
Allisa L.
Allisa L.
Tampa, FL
Review for: Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium 0.28 oz/ 8 g
This stuff is incredible! I tried using it both as a mix-in with my foundation and also as a setting powder. I found that I liked it a little better as a setting powder, as it seemed to give me more of a velvet matte finish and a longer lasting result. I typically use UD all nighter Setting spray, but with this product, the setting spray isn't even necessary. By the end of my work day, my makeup is still perfectly intact and my naturally oily skin hasn't even needed to be touched up or blotted. The picture attached is after a full day of wear in Florida heat. Not to mention, I receive compliments on how flawless my skin is every time I wear it. Worth every penny!
Paige M.
Paige M.
Review for: Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium 0.28 oz/ 8 g
Hello all! I actually just left a review on my YouTube channel for this bad boy over at Seeking Alexandria, but to sum it up- this is a great mix in medium as well as a "setting powder" if you want to call it that. I do feel like it helped improve the overall appearance of my skin and its texture, but I do take issue with the fact that the powder is not a true white color; because of that it leaves my skin a little bit dull/orange looking in the places where I put it, which is harsh on my skin tone because I have VERY pale skin with a colder undertones. Please head over to check my review of this stuff though, it just went live today!
Leticia L.
Leticia L.
BURLINGTON, MA
Review for: Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium 0.28 oz/ 8 g
Well, at first thought this was going to be a gimmick, but it's not. With that said, this powder works best for me when applied on top of my foundation versus mixed in with my foundation. This ultra-fine, mix-in powder claims to give foundation an extra velvety feel, a beautiful matte finish, and added coverage. I love it as setting powder (for my face, not for under my eyes), but when I mixed it in with my foundation, it oxidized my foundation and I didn't like the way it looked. Perhaps it works best when mixed in with Urban Decay foundations, and not other brands. To get its maximum benefit,  mix a dime-size amount of this product into Naked Skin Liquid Makeup (or Naked Skin One & Done) to achieve a velvety feel, a matte finish, and full coverage.
Lori L.
Lori L.
Colorado Springs
Review for: Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium 0.28 oz/ 8 g
In love does not even begin to explain how much I love this product.  I tried it after reading several reviews and wanted to try it out for myself.  I will apply this in my T-zone after my primer and Benefit Poreless.  I love that it is lightweight and the way that it applies extra coverage in that zone of my face.  It completely blends seamlessly with your foundation, any liquid foundation that you use, and applies a fuller coverage without it looking caked on.  Leaves the skin looking completely smooth.  My makeup did not budge for over 8 hours of wear, it did not separate, and it remained looking flawlessly hydrated just as it did when I had just applied it.  This has become a staple for me.
Riya D.
Riya D.
Hillsborough, NJ
Review for: Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium 0.28 oz/ 8 g
OMG! This is some sort of voodoo magic that transforms your makeup game! I have normal to dry skin, so I don't usually go for mattifying products and was skeptical about this- I purchased it just out of curiosity because it is a unique concept, thinking I could return it if it doesn't work-- BUT , I am NEVER parting with this! I mixed it with my Nars Pure Radiant tinted moisturizer and omg it just became this silky, velvet-y cream which suddenly had almost full coverage! And the finish is just pure brilliance! My skin looks so smooth and flawless- and mind you, my skin is pretty flawed! It doesn't make me my skin dry or dewy. Its literally velvet! And I also use it to set my under-eye concealer and it looks like satin. I ma NOT exaggerating! Get this NOW!!
Anna F.
Anna F.
Urban Decay The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In Medium. Is this product worth the money? Does it work for a woman over 35?
Christine K.
Christine K.
Is this okay for people with fair skin?
Darian J.
Darian J.
Gardner, KS
I would LOVE to try this! Why haven't I heard anything about it yet?? Can this be mixed in to foundation and used as a setting/baking powder at the same time? It sounds really neat I haven't heard of a product like this before. Urban decay products are always high quality.
Darrian S.
Darrian S.
Conroe, TX
Does Sephora offer samples of this?? I really wanna try it out but I dont wanna waste my money. I'm torn between trying this powder out and another finishing powder.
Laura R.
Laura R.
Is this product for dry and oily skin ?