BY URBAN DECAY #45 in Facial Makeup Brushes

Whether you make your living doing makeup or you’re just makeup-obsessed, you know the right brushes can make ALL the difference. And our UD Pro Optical Blurring Brush is the ultimate blend of form and function. The densely packed shape distributes foundation evenly, buffing to a natural, soft-focus, airbrushed finish. It’s also great for contouring, blush, or anything that needs a blurred-out effect.

Our pro-quality, cruelty-free brushes are easy on the eyes AND the environment. The brushed gunmetal handles are made from recycled aluminum, and the super-soft, synthetic hair (made from recycled plastic bottles) mimics real hair—from the feel to the pickup and laydown. Another plus: Synthetic brush hair doesn’t hold on to gross bacteria the way porous animal hair can, so it’s easier to clean and more hygienic.

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

Buy on Sephora*
  • "I like this brush much better than a sponge when applying liquid foundation. It blends flawlessly. It runs a little over $30 and it's worth every penny. Just be sure to properly wash and take care of your brush. " in 17 reviews
  • "I love this brush for my contouring. It's amazing g and the brush is so soft. It gives my contour a nice look and it spreads it out nicely. It can also serve as a powder brush. I highly recommend his brush. " in 13 reviews
Elizabeth R.
Hialeah, FL
I am a makeup artist, and out of all the makeup brushes I've ever used, this is the one I cannot live without. Not only is it incredible for making foundation look smooth and even, it doubles as a powder brush, or a blush brush, or a contour brush - it's amazing how many functions this brush can perform. I own two of the Optical Blurring brushes, one for me, one for my clients, and I'm about to buy another. The bristles are soft, very durable, and the size of the handle is perfect for maneuverability. I've tried other brushes from many other brands, but the Optical Blurring brush is the Holy Grail of brushes, as far as I'm concerned. Love, love, love it!
Michaela G.
Northborough
This brush just didn’t work out for me. I picked this up along with their Naked foundation at Ulta and was very excited to try this. When I used it though, it was not good. The bristles are very stiff and rough feeling which did not feel comfortable at all on my face. I tried this brush with the Naked Foundation, IT Cosmetics CC Cream, and Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation and it never worked. Every foundation applied with this looked streaky and patchy and always just sat on top of my skin, This product is definitely not worth the money and I would invest in something more like a Real Techniques or IT Cosmetics brush instead.
Tarah H.
Englewood, FL
This is really nice the price points a little high for me I tend to go to Morphe When it comes to facial brushes just because their prices are amazing and the quality seems to work really well with these high-end brushes after several washes to see a decrease in quality so for me I’m not quite sure if I would spend more money on the same brush I think I just go with the cheaper brush that has Similar quality last the same amount of time for a lower price point
Tarlan E.
Orlando, FL
This brush has been what I’ve used to apply my foundation and concealer for the last two years and I could not ask for anything better. I never have crests or residue left on my face and everything always looks so flawless. The bristles on the brush are so gentle on my skin, I absolutely love this product. I suggest this brush over a sponge any day.
Khadijah H.
Now gurrrrrl!... when I say this is a bang for your buck, you best believe me. I purchased this $32 foundation brush and it has changed my life forever. It literally can make any foundation sit nicely upon your skin. Giving it that smoothly sleek matte finish. I was given this recommendation by a good friend of mine that used to work for Sephora. She used to do the makeup of those who walked in the store and loved it.
Yari⚡ C.
I feel that this product isn’t the best brush. to start off it’s very hard I’m texture which I don’t like in a brush. It definitely goes on very streaky an d doesn’t blend to well either. I don’t know if it’s me or the brush. So I recommend if your using it to apply foundation don’t have high hopes and just go with a beauty blender
Shannon T.
North Salem, NH
I have been using the beauty blender for awhile now and decided to try something different. I went to my local Macy's and the consultant highly recommended this brush so I bought it. I am so happy I did because it helps blend the foundation and concealer into your face so well! Skin has never looked so good!
Molly w.
Washington
This brush is absolutely amazing. I love that the brush feels so luxurious and dense. I use it with the Becca ultimate coverage complexion creme and it blends out BEAUTIFULLY. I'm very satisfied and would defiantly recommend to use with foundations and concealers that are more creamy and full coverage.
Kelly B.
Lancaster, PA
This was my first high end brush that I purchased years ago. It was a bit pricey and it can leave your foundation streakey. But thankfully it is a really sturdy brush to use. I’m a little disappointed with this brush since other foundation brushes I’ve used tend to work better and are less expensive.
Julissa S.
chicago
This is a fantastic foundation brush especially to use with the Naked Skin foundation. That’s what I originally bought it for however I stopped using it because I noticed the bristles harden quite fast once the foundation dries. I know this is bound to happen with any brush but I feel like this one hardens much faster and it really only applies foundation flawlessly with 2-3 uses max for me personally.
Amber K.
N Huntingdon , PA
Has anyone used this brush yet? Just wondering if it's worth the $32 price.
Denise D.
El Paso, TX
What exactly does “opticial blending brush” mean
Nickole M.
Potosi, MO
How is this brush different from the Good Karma optical blurring brush? The bristles look the same, just a new handle.