BY URBAN DECAY #17 in Mascara

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

• Aqua (Water/EAU)
  • Synthetic Beeswax
  • Acacia Senegal Gum
  • Stearic Acid
  • Palmitic Acid
  • Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnuba)
  • Butylene Glycol
  • Serine

May Contain: CI 77499 Iron Oxides

Sana S.
Ajman, Ajman
First off, I love the brush on this mascara. I'm all about a larger brush, and this one behaves so well. It deposits mascara evenly on my lashes and not at all on my eyelids. Also, the color really is as richly black as described. And finally, here's a mascara that you can open and love immediately without having to wait a week for it to dry out some (that is, if you prefer drier formulas like I do). After one coat, I could tell that Perversion definitely added length, and I love how rich the black color is. However, I didn't notice too much in the way of volume increase.
Now I don't normally wear two coats of mascara, but with Perversion, the second coat actually made a difference without going clumpy. It was with this second coat that I got the volume along with the length. I'm very pleased and impressed with the amount of separation the brush offers, even with added coats.

The only thing this mascara left me wanting was some curl/lift. With the second coat, I did notice the weight made some of the curl fall. However, this wasn't too noticeable.

Compared to some popular mascaras, I have to say I like Perversion better than Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes, which I reviewed here. However, this is only because I prefer the brush on Perversion. I think both of these mascaras give the same look with one coat, and the only difference with two is that Perversion doesn't clump as much.

I also like this better than Benefit's They're Real. Although I like the look one coat of They're Real gives better than one coat of Perversion, two coats of Perversion gives me that statement look that I go to They're Real for. But the real reason is the removal. The extra manpower I have to bring in to get They're Real off my lashes pretty much deters me from wanting to use it in the first place. Perversion actually washes off with just water.

Elena N.
Galati
 used to always used to run for Mascara that promised to give my already long lashes the volume I desired, each time I tired something different...either the product flaked or my expectations on volume fell flat. When I found this Mascara I thought "Why not, I'll give it a shot!" I am very happy that I did, this products pigment is a true black, brings my lashes volume, and last until I take it off. I also love the bristles of the brush, they are soft on lashes while mascaras I previously uses had bristles that were hard and just trapped product. I will be repurchasing, I don't think I'll ever be able to use another mascara ever again!
Chloe C.
Salford , Salford
I received a tester of this mascara when I purchased a lipstick from Urban Decay. When I tried it for the first time I fell in love. The product makes my lashes SO black and SO long! One coat of this mascara gives my eyes a lovely natural look, as it doesn't go too clumpy and doesn't give me 'spider-legs.' It gives just enough volume and length for my everyday natural makeup. Although several coats of this mascara gives my lashes mega volume, and I always wear it when I want my lashes to look more dramatic. Definitely will repurchase this mascara.
Reena A.
I purchased this mascara when it was launched and it's the best purchase I ever made! This mascara adds volume and thickness with the deepest black colour you can ever get. The only improvement I would make is not the formula itself as on its own it is probably the best formula, but the brush could be a little bit more fan type where it separates the lashes, don't get me wrong the brush doesn't cause clumps or anything like that but it would be nice to have a seperating type of brush. All in all this mascara is amazing and I love it
ERICA P.
Ide day this product for me personally isn’t the best but isn’t the worst😕 Urban Decay is one of my favourite brands so was quite shocked with this.. So I don’t really like the formula and how it’s too liquid-y for my liking, the wand itself is too chunky and I find it hard to apply the mascara evenly on my lashes as there is too much product on the wand. A pro is that it did a good job at lengthening my lashes, but like I said it isn’t the worst so I would use if I had ran out of my favourite, wouldn’t re-purchase 🙁
Christine N.
Rutland, VT
I absolutely love the intensity of the color in this mascara! It is soooooo black! But I find this mascara to take way too long to dry! It takes forever to pack on the coats! (I'm a 5 coater!! Give me the spider leg looking lashes! Lol) I've also noticed that throughout the day I do get racoon eyes! :( so disappointed because I love u.d. perversion liquid eyeliner!!
Tilly B.
I love the look this mascara gives me; super black, long, volumous but not clumpy. I always got lots of compliments on my natural lashes when wearing it... BUT. It smudged all over my top lids every time I wore it. It's a little better when worn with subversion primer but still not great. I tried everything, from different concealers, setting under my eyes, setting my brow bone, using different shadow primers... but unfortunately me and this lovely little tube of darkness just couldn't get on
Katie C.
This is my all time favorite mascara! I am a dedicated mascara wearer and I've tried tons from the drugstore to high end. This mascara will consistently give you huge, soft lashes without appearing spidery! They look healthy and voluminous. As a fun fact, The Bachelor Season 21's winner Vanessa Grimaldi uses this product! Her lashes are incredible!
Sydney S.
Ontario
OMFG! This is the best mascara I have ever used. Nothing compares to the length and volume that I get from it. I originally bought it from Sephora or Urban Decay. But I am going to go back to asap. The travel size lasts me two and a half months. And I would recommend this to anyone. The only trouble I ahev is making both eye look the same.
Ashley M.
Myrtle Hill Lane, Glasgow
I have been on the search for my holy grail mascara for years and i have tried A LOT of mascaras out there... this one is the best so far!

It has a thicker brush on the wand which i prefer, bit of patience needed when coating bottom lashes but it works.

I have naturally long lashes and love using this to enhance them and make them look thicker - i do apply many coats and it doesnt make my lashes clump.

There is little run and crumbles throughout the day if any! Defined would recommend
Kianna F.
Taylor D.
Tulsa, OK
Does this mascara flake off throughout the day?
Sonia G.
Maria G.
Does this mascara give you a full effect & plump up your lashes?
Justine K.