BY URBAN DECAY #11 in Mascara

Urban Decay is 100% cruelty-free.

• Aqua (Water/EAU)
  • Synthetic Beeswax
  • Acacia Senegal Gum
  • Stearic Acid
  • Palmitic Acid
  • Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnuba)
  • Butylene Glycol

May Contain: CI 77499 Iron Oxides

Buy on Sephora*
April M.
Kansas City, MO
I see some of the reviews on this mascara are mixed, but I really think it depends on the type of lashes you have.  Personally I have long, but very thin lashes.  If I use a thick mascara it makes my lashes stringy and clumpy.  This macara works perfect for me.   It coats my lashes, but they don't stick together like some do, the brush style is great for my type of lashes.  It's doesn't clump and goes on very evenly.  I wear contacts and it does not irritate my eyes at all and doesn't leave me looking like a racoon by the end of the day.  I am horrible at applying mascara and this goes on like a dream.
Sarah T.
Spokane Vly, WA
This is one of my favorite mascaras and I have re-purchased it many, many times. I love the wand because it is simple yet has bushy bristles that really coat my lashes without having to wriggle the wand too much. It adds length and volume on the first coat and is so buildable without being too clumpy. I switch between this one and the Better than Sex mascara from too faced. I think it is because the wands are similar. I have yet to find a drug store mascara that compares to either of these.
Nicole B.
Providence Forge, VA
I received this as part of an ipsy bag some time ago and was initially not that impressed.  What I noticed, however, is that after giving it some time to dry out, it is actually a really great mascara.  It is definitely black which is what I look for when choosing mascara but I also like the fact that it does not have a more rubber-y wand.  I find that it adds volume, definition, and length with minimal clumping.  Typically, I top it with a coat of water resistant drug store mascara since the formula is wet.  Once it dries, it is not overly stiff but also holds the shape of your lash curl.  I took away one star because it transfers to my eyelid right along the lash line easier than some of the other mascaras I have tried before.
Maria R.
Greensboro, NC
At first I was iffy about this mascara. I don't venture out much towards other mascaras so I wasn't sure what to do. However, with the help from someone's free sample, I tried this and I loved it. At first, the wand looked like it would clump up because of how thick it was and how much product it absorbed into its bristles. Yet when I first tried it (I have very blonde thin eyelashes), it actually worked well. It separates my lashes, giving them a wispy look, yet added so much length. Also, I LOVE how I can control how thick I get make my lashes with this mascara (I learned this on accident). The worker at Sephora who sold me on the full size bottle said she has had hers for seven months and it hasn't dried, which is extremely promising to me!!!
Anna P.
Zimmerman, MN
I'm usually a fan girl for UD, so I tried this $22 mascara out. I will preface by saying this product is not great for slightly hooded/hooded eyelids. Here's my thoughts:
Pros:
-Rich, dark color
-Large size (0.4fl oz)
-Available at several beauty retailers
-Big, multiple bristled applicator wand
Cons:
-Smudges
-Thick brush causes awkward application for hooded eyes/thin eyelashes
-Thick bristles don't separate thin eyelashes
-Clumpy and flakes do to too much product on brush

Overall, doesn't work well with my eye shape and lashes, would work great for those with thicker lashes.
Compare to: Too Faced Better Than Sex ($23)
Gabby H.
TERRIFYING. I wouldn't normally write a negative review but this mascara isn't Urban Decay's finest. The first few times I've warn this, I didn't notice a flaw but over time this mascara rubbed off and left me with a black eye. It's flakey and overly hydrating that it just slides off under your eyes and ruins your makeup. I tried setting it with translucent powder to give this mascara an honest try, but it never worked out. I wanted to love this but i couldn't.
Lorena P.
Lakeside, CA
This mascara has been my least favorite of Urban Decay products. Mine dried out pretty quick after opening up and using the product. I did like the wand of this particular mascara, I just wish the formula was a little bit better. The first time I used it it was Goofy and rather thick, I thought that perhaps if it got a little bit of air into it it would be better. However I close my mascara is rather tight and within a month of using this every other time I wore makeup. The product was dry and begin to flake off of my lashes onto my cheeks and would smudge easily in my lower lashes. I would not recommend this product
Gauri S.
Originally wanted to try the Subversion primer, but I didn't know if it would really work so I got the Perversion Mascara with the Subversion Primer "sample".
The primer DOES make a big difference! Even though it looks weird when you put it on, it makes your lashes look full, long, and NO CLUMPS! It is a pretty hefty sample too!
So the primer was awesome, I had just bought the Big Fatty mascara and didn't "need" a new mascara. I tried Perversion and it is an awesome mascara. Noticeably great mascara. Deep rich color. It didn't flake off during the day. No raccoon eyes. No itchy eyes. Just long, full, clumpless, envy-inducing lashes.
Kate K.
It's true what they say: bigger blacker bolder! This is the mascara I usually use every day. I love the formula. It's almost creamy I want to say. It really coats my lashes and manages to keep separation. I get scared of fluffy brushes causing clumped lashes and I never have that problem with this one. Plus it doesn't dry super quick like some mascaras so it's easy to apply. but it does stay put when dry! Awesome combined with the subversion primer for added drama and length!
Loany N.
Most mascaras that I’ve personally sampled offer some great features, but fall short of satisfying me in other areas. For example, I’ve found mascaras that volumize my lashes, but don’t offer intense coloring. On the other hand, I’ve found others that give great coloring, but don’t lengthen my lashes. Perversion from Urban Decay offers all of the features you could possibly want out of your mascara in one convenient package – it’s exactly what we’ve been waiting for! Try Perversion, and you’ll never want or have the need for another black mascara.
Kianna F.
Taylor D.
Tulsa, OK
Does this mascara flake off throughout the day?
Sonia G.
Maria G.
Does this mascara give you a full effect & plump up your lashes?
Justine K.